Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/12/2017 2:26:58 PM EDT
So I had an Omega Speedmaster Pro "moon watch" my wife had gotten me as a wedding present. I had been wanting an X-33 "Mars watch" for a while.
Attachment Attached File

It was on EBay with a buy it now for like $1400 or best offer. I threw out $1200 thinking there would be some negotiation but he ended up accepting that offer.

I received it today and first thing that caught my attention was how light it is being made of titanium. Then I had to play with the alarm since it is legendarily loud and it was as I had read.
Link Posted: 4/12/2017 4:09:25 PM EDT
[#1]
$1,200 for something that just  tells you the time. Do you not own a cell phone?
Link Posted: 4/12/2017 4:27:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Why yes I do, but I'm an adult so sometimes I do adult things like wear a watch

But since you are here in the watch forum and not general discussion I'm assuming you are joking.

It actually does a bunch of crap that I will probably never use, it's an Omega (I know, it's quartz but still) and it's made of titanium so all in all I feel like I got a really good deal on it actually.
Link Posted: 4/12/2017 4:33:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
$1,200 for something that just  tells you the time. Do you not own a cell phone?
View Quote
A cell phone tends to be a bit bulky

Link Posted: 4/20/2017 3:18:57 PM EDT
[#4]

As much as I like my moon watch I do find myself wearing the X-33 more often - light weight and high functionality wins out.

Nice to see there is someone else out there who appreciates both old and new.
Link Posted: 4/22/2017 4:46:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote
Sarcasm? You do realize you are posting in the watch forum, right?
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 12:29:44 AM EDT
[#6]
I always think of the Bulova as the "moon watch"

In July 1971 aboard Apollo 15, NASA’s fourth manned mission to land on the surface of the moon. Commander over the mission, dubbed as NASA’s “most successful manned flight ever achieved,” was Dave Scott.

For Bulova, its opportunity for spaceflight could only be described as purposeful serendipity since NASA’s astronauts had been issued Omega Speedmaster Professional watches since 1965.

But, as the story goes (depending on whose version you choose to believe), Scott’s Speedmaster broke, which made it useless not only on earth but in space as well.

Luckily for Scott and Bulova, his on-deck replacement was the original chronograph version of the Bulova Moon Watch (model 96B258)
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 10:21:39 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
So I had an Omega Speedmaster Pro "moon watch" my wife had gotten me as a wedding present. I had been wanting an X-33 "Mars watch" for a while.
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/164962/IMG-0943-185900.JPG

It was on EBay with a buy it now for like $1400 or best offer. I threw out $1200 thinking there would be some negotiation but he ended up accepting that offer.

I received it today and first thing that caught my attention was how light it is being made of titanium. Then I had to play with the alarm since it is legendarily loud and it was as I had read.
View Quote

I would like to own both of those.  I have three Seamasters now but would like to add some Speedmasters to the rotation.  Congratulations on your new watch.
Link Posted: 5/20/2017 4:16:45 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote
Why the hell did you even post?
Link Posted: 5/20/2017 5:52:43 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
So he could look above his post to see what time it was. Duh.

And here's the one I used to own, a '69 pre-moon. In addition to the new factory parts, I had the originals also.

Why did I sell it again?

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top