Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/28/2017 10:33:44 PM EDT
OK, I guess I do.

For some time, my wife has referred to me as a Bag and Watch Whore.  It started simply enough.  I had one watch - a Victorinox Officers.  Wore it every day for 8 years.  Wore it though a motorcycle wreck, 2 shotguns blowing up, tile jobs, everything.  Finally broke the bracelet, and while it was out for repair, I bought 2 more Victorinox watches, a pair of Chronographs.  I rotated through them.  Then I bought a Bertucci.  Then a Seiko SKX007.  A pair of G-Shocks.  My wife bought me a Ball Fireman Racer for a birthday.  I bought an Orient Ray Raven.  I realized I had a problem when I had more watches than days of the week.  And I had a couple of battery powered watches that I changed batteries on and did not wear them before the battery died.

A couple of weeks ago I was in a series of meetings.  I was on travel, and took the Orient Ray Raven as my only watch.  And I was SERIOUSLY out-watched.  I got it in my mind that I needed to upgrade.  I started with a Sinn U1 that I thought was a done deal while I was traveling, but that did not work out.  As I chewed my way through finding a watch that has more presence than my Orient, my wife suggested an Omega.  I bought her a Seamaster Aqua Terra for an anniversary gift a few years ago.  I did not think I would own an Omega.  I don't see myself as a Rolex guy, but did not want to go as far as an Omega.

I chewed some more, and was torn between the Planet Ocean 8900 and the Seamaster 300 Master.  I waffled for about a week.  I finally made a decision, pulled the trigger.  This morning I took possession of my first Omega, the black PO 8900.

Damn, what have I done?  Does owning an Omega mean I can't enjoy Anderson lowers anymore?  :)
Link Posted: 1/28/2017 11:11:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Nice!

I joined the club on the 9th (older sword hands SMP).

I still buy wolf ammo.
Link Posted: 1/28/2017 11:57:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Jelly.
Link Posted: 1/29/2017 10:00:02 AM EDT
[#3]
My main regret is that I only own one Omega right now.
I really do need to get that horrible situation rectified in the near future.
Link Posted: 1/29/2017 6:21:52 PM EDT
[#4]
is that a 46mm?  I am strongly considering a Planet Ocean but I have never worn one and really have no reference for the watch size.
Link Posted: 1/29/2017 7:39:52 PM EDT
[#5]
43.5mm.  I've got a 7in wrist.  Most of my watches are between 41 and 45mm.  

Before ordering this, I was able to track down the previous generation (8500) watches in 42mm and 45.5mm, and the Planet Ocean GMT in 43.5mm.  The 43.5 seemed like the "Goldilocks" size for me.
Link Posted: 1/29/2017 8:52:07 PM EDT
[#6]
I would have suggested a Patek-Phillipe over Omega, but at least you have good taste in laptops
Link Posted: 1/29/2017 9:38:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Beautiful piece you have there sir
Link Posted: 1/30/2017 2:03:21 PM EDT
[#8]
Welcome to the tribe!
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/31/2017 3:06:09 AM EDT
[#9]
That's just great. Now you will never be able to buy another watch that doesn't have a ceramic bezel. Trust me.

That watch is absolutely stunning, and you should take a few more pictures to show it off to us better when you have the time. I agree
with you about the 43.5mm being the just right size in the Omega line. Congrats on your new watch.
Link Posted: 1/31/2017 3:11:13 AM EDT
[#10]
Welcome.

The watch is beautiful. Enjoy it.  

Link Posted: 1/31/2017 4:56:38 PM EDT
[#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

Sword hands for the win!

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 11:31:44 PM EDT
[#12]
Very nice!

That is one of my favorites and one of these days I might actually own one.
Link Posted: 2/28/2017 11:01:48 PM EDT
[#13]
Sounds like you finally got some sense in you.  I've got a planet ocean, a speed master and a Rolex (sits in the safe like new because it's too boring).  I wear the planet ocean regularly.  I don't know why people buy a ton of cheap watches.  I have one or two "cheapies" in case I need to downgrade for some reason or another, but I hate wasting money on a bunch of cheap stuff, whereas it's more cost efficient to pay more for one thing that you'll keep for many more years
Link Posted: 3/1/2017 7:42:17 PM EDT
[#14]
Nice job OP....
Link Posted: 3/5/2017 10:47:16 PM EDT
[#15]
I got mine on Friday. 42mm, 2500D

Link Posted: 3/5/2017 10:52:24 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

I love it when people post a pic with the bezel just a tic off center.
It drives the OCD people freakin nuts.
I do it all the time on another forum that has a lot of OCD watch enthusiasts.
Link Posted: 3/5/2017 11:48:11 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 4/13/2017 7:24:16 PM EDT
[#18]
I bought my Omega DeVille Co-Ax escapement at a local police auction. It was taken from a traffic stop on a drug dealer.
My high bid was $170 and I got it, when I looked in the watch price catalog it was $2700. Needless to say I was a happy watch owner.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top