Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page General » SCUBA
Site Notices
Posted: 2/8/2017 11:24:59 AM EDT
I hope that I'm not breaking any rules by asking this. If so, please delete, or tell me and I'll delete it.

I'm going to be diving Blue Hole to complete my Advanced Open Water on the 24-26th. I've only got a 3mm, and am being told that it won't be enough. Additionally, I'll be diving other reservoirs later this season, and they're gonna be cold.

I figured that there are probably members here who might have a 7mm in a L or XL that they're not using.
Link Posted: 2/8/2017 11:35:17 AM EDT
[#1]
If you're on FB, there is a huge scuba swap and shop group. Tons of wetsuits posted. Check ScubaBoard, too.
Link Posted: 2/8/2017 11:42:46 AM EDT
[#2]
If you're going to buy I'd go right into a semi dry at that thickness. I have one of these. It's basically a back up to my dry suit or a summer time suit. It works very well. If you shop around you might be able to find one or sale.
Link Posted: 2/8/2017 11:59:29 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the tips so far. Marie, do you happen to have a link to that FB group?
Link Posted: 2/8/2017 12:02:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 2/8/2017 12:11:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What's your heights and weight?
View Quote
6'0, about 215 right now, but working on losing some weight. Bad leg has slowed that process.
Link Posted: 2/8/2017 12:31:45 PM EDT
[#6]
Just search for

Scuba gear swap & shop
Link Posted: 2/8/2017 12:39:54 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Just search for

Scuba gear swap & shop
View Quote
Thanks again. Oh, and thanks for pointing me towards the Arfcom of SCUBA; now I'll never get any work done!
Link Posted: 2/8/2017 1:38:43 PM EDT
[#8]
Hah! Tell me about it. There are a number of us there.
Link Posted: 2/8/2017 2:26:15 PM EDT
[#9]
I've got a Poseidon dry suit that should fit you. It's an XXL and I'm 6' 3" and 220 lbs.

Check your messages.
Link Posted: 2/8/2017 5:55:37 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
If you're going to buy I'd go right into a semi dry at that thickness. I have one of these. It's basically a back up to my dry suit or a summer time suit. It works very well. If you shop around you might be able to find one or sale.
View Quote
After doing a bit of research, I'm going to go ahead and buy one of these. Sounds like a great suit for my needs in this area. Thanks for the tip.
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 9:27:39 AM EDT
[#11]
@Birddog1911

I see you posted over on SB. You seemed...familiar.
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 10:48:58 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
@Birddog1911

I see you posted over on SB. You seemed...familiar.
View Quote
 I do wonder perhaps if I should change my avatar. I know I've gotten flack before on non-gun forums while having a firearm as an avatar. Oh well, I've never shied away from ruffling feathers.
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 11:20:21 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
After doing a bit of research, I'm going to go ahead and buy one of these. Sounds like a great suit for my needs in this area. Thanks for the tip.
View Quote

I think you'll really like it a lot. I see a lot of guys diving it here in cave country and I never really heard anyone really complain about it.
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 12:21:38 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 2:55:00 PM EDT
[#15]
Thanks, HM, but I made the decision to go ahead and buy a semi-dry. With as many dives as I'll be making in less than tropical waters in the next couple of years, it's for the best.
Link Posted: 2/11/2017 3:17:15 PM EDT
[#16]
I dive that Hollis semi-dry that was linked above. It its an amazing suit and the pockets are a great touch. I have one in XL you are more than welcome to use if we can find an inexpensive way to get it to you and back.
Link Posted: 2/14/2017 12:30:24 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I dive that Hollis semi-dry that was linked above. It its an amazing suit and the pockets are a great touch. I have one in XL you are more than welcome to use if we can find an inexpensive way to get it to you and back.
View Quote

Thanks, Devil, but my Hollis came in last night. I got the XL as well, and its just a tad loose, so I should be GTG.
Page General » SCUBA
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top