Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/24/2017 5:24:06 AM EDT
I stopped smoking roughly 5 years ago. Quitting was relatively easy but I've always missed it. Standing in line at the gas station a day or so ago I decided to buy a pack and pissed it all away. The act of smoking is incredibly enjoyable to me.  I'd like to get into vaping instead of smoking cigs but it seems very intimidating with all the gadgets and gizmos.

I apologize if I missed some good information already but:

Are there any premade kits that are a good deal?

Is there any liquid that is similar to Camel Menthol?

Does the smell ruin clothes/home/furniture like regular cigs?
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 8:09:33 AM EDT
[#1]
First of all, you fucked up. Why not buy a box of patches and stop?

If you decide to keep enjoying it though, a vape doesn't smell at all like cigarettes. I have a buddy that uses a vape pen for his medicinal herbs and it doesn't smell at all.

I haven't used a vape but I do know they are significantly less stinky and a hell of a lot cheaper. From what I understand they are another instance of getting what you pay for in terms of performance, so don't go for the cheapest one you can find. Read some reviews before you pull the trigger.

I still say quit again though. But it's your dollar OP.
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 9:56:38 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
First of all, you fucked up. Why not buy a box of patches and stop?

If you decide to keep enjoying it though, a vape doesn't smell at all like cigarettes. I have a buddy that uses a vape pen for his medicinal herbs and it doesn't smell at all.

I haven't used a vape but I do know they are significantly less stinky and a hell of a lot cheaper. From what I understand they are another instance of getting what you pay for in terms of performance, so don't go for the cheapest one you can find. Read some reviews before you pull the trigger.

I still say quit again though. But it's your dollar OP.
View Quote

I'm not interested in the nicotine. I'd throw in a lip if I need a buzz. I just enjoy smoking. I used to smoke cigars relatively often but after moving I didn't want to deal with my humidor etc any more.

Thanks for the info. I mentioned it and I got some friends trying to sell me their "rigs" for some serious coin and I feel like I'm going to get fucked over.
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 12:00:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

I'm not interested in the nicotine. I'd throw in a lip if I need a buzz. I just enjoy smoking. I used to smoke cigars relatively often but after moving I didn't want to deal with my humidor etc any more.

Thanks for the info. I mentioned it and I got some friends trying to sell me their "rigs" for some serious coin and I feel like I'm going to get fucked over.
View Quote

That's pretty much how I got into vaping.

I started with the Blu e-cigs, purchased the kit from the gas station.  Decided I liked it, escalated quickly from there.

Joyatech eVic AIO is a good place to start.  Everything you need, you can set it up however you like...it's both simple enough to begin with, with enough features to keep it relevant forever, coils are available almost everywhere.  If I had to start all over again, this is what I'd go with.  You can get one for probably $40 online...I haven't shopped for them much lately though.

Loads of menthol juices out there, but don't get hung up on trying to mimic the taste of a cigarette.  You only think cigarettes taste good, your brain tells you they taste good because it wants the nicotine that goes along with them.  Once you start getting some nicotine from vape, cigarettes will start tasting nastier and nastier.  Almost all tobacco-flavored juices taste like cured tobacco, not smoked tobacco...like raisins.  It doesn't really go well with menthol, in my opinion.  Menthol goes really well with melon flavors, though, and I just had a raspberry menthol juice yesterday that nailed it, good stuff.

Go for a 3mg juice...that's the nicotine level.  It's the lowest level that's widely available, but it's more than enough to keep you from going back to smokes.
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 6:48:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Check out juul,  they are small and use self contained pods.  It doesn't get much easier than that. If you go to their website you get 25% off on your first purchase.
Link Posted: 2/28/2017 12:07:07 PM EDT
[#5]
I had to stop smoking cigars when my local bowling alley stopped allowing smoking, that was about 4 to 5 years ago. I vape now 0 to 3mg of nic, the best advise i have for you is to find a local vape shop and talk to the guys in there. Most of the shops in my area are very friendly, but I am in Texas. The vape shop is a lot like a gun shop, people hang out, vape, talk about mods and tanks and politics.

The ecigs at gas stations are throw away's, not designed to work for to long and frankly they do not function very well. You would get a much better vaping experience from something at a vape shop. You should be able to get what you need for around 70 to 80 dollars. Not including juice and batteries, there are also some nice kits for around 50 buck that work very well.

http://www.vapordna.com/SMOK-Stick-V8-TFV8-Big-Baby-Beast-Starter-Kit-p/smstv8.htm

Check out this link my wife has one of these and it works great, thinking about picking one up for a back up.
Link Posted: 2/28/2017 10:17:37 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm thinking of getting this as my out and about Vape.....

Price is good, too....... Haven't bought from them before.... 

https://vapenw.com/istick-pico-kit-by-eleaf
Link Posted: 3/1/2017 1:31:20 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote

They're a legit vendor.  I see them mentioned in the big ecig subReddit all the time.  They're also a "recommended supplier" there.
Link Posted: 3/2/2017 12:14:33 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote

They are g2g.  I've bought from them a few times, quick shipping and no problems with what I've bought. The Pico is a good single 18650 mod aswell (haven't used that tank it comes with only bought the mod).
Link Posted: 3/8/2017 3:39:30 PM EDT
[#9]
Ended up with a Smok V8 Stick. It was the right size for my needs. Looks like I am doing something wrong because it leaks and spits bubbles back at me.
Link Posted: 3/8/2017 4:11:40 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Ended up with a Smok V8 Stick. It was the right size for my needs. Looks like I am doing something wrong because it leaks and spits bubbles back at me.
View Quote

I've been eyeballing those, but that battery just isn't going to hold up long enough for me at 65w.

I do have the tank, though, and no issues with it.  Check the white gasket at the top, and if that is seated well, try just disassembling it, check all your O-rings, and make sure your coil is tightened down.
Link Posted: 3/8/2017 7:47:43 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I've been eyeballing those, but that battery just isn't going to hold up long enough for me at 65w.

I do have the tank, though, and no issues with it.  Check the white gasket at the top, and if that is seated well, try just disassembling it, check all your O-rings, and make sure your coil is tightened down.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've read where some people have leak problems out of the box.
Seems to be bad O-rings are the main culprit.....  
Link Posted: 3/8/2017 8:25:31 PM EDT
[#12]
Still a bit leaky but I haven't changed out the O-rings yet. The "bubbling" isn't nearly as bad after changing the coil. All in all fairly enjoyable. I can already tell my current e-juice is getting old as fuck. Cereal Milk by Kilo. Tasty but slowly becoming overwhelming.
Link Posted: 3/8/2017 10:02:24 PM EDT
[#13]
i would go back to the vape shop and have them look at the tank for the leaking you might have not tighten something up right.
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 11:37:17 AM EDT
[#14]
Check out something like Kryptonite (I think it has been renamed Kryp) from Cosmic Fog if you are looking for a menthol vape.  It's somewhat unique and the menthol is not overpowering.  I was never able to get into the cereal flavors.  Bleh.

I had intermittent problems with my smok and leaks.  I used the rebuildable deck and was able to mitigate most of them by running the cotton long and actually out into the tank a bit.
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 1:07:37 PM EDT
[#15]
Just quit and keep it that way.
Link Posted: 3/30/2017 7:20:06 AM EDT
[#16]
There's a lot of reasons a tank could leak, you just need to learn the one and outs. Bad O-rings would seem like obvious reason, but there's easily a chance it could be something else like not tightening the tank or atomizer enough, not enough wick material (kanger subtanks are notorious for this), not closing your air supply while refilling, bad coil, etc.

YouTube is your friend.

Check out other flavors too. I can't stand fruity, super sweet, cereal flavors. To me, they just taste like candy or perfume. I'll take desert flavors all day long. After some time, you will smoke a cigarette again and it will taste nasty compared to your ecig and you'll put it out halfway through.

Going to dedicated vape sites will be overwhelming at first, you might want to post your questions here. I never frequented those cites, I'm fan of KISS. If I have a question I YouTube it or ask here.
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 12:10:35 AM EDT
[#17]
Keep it simple. Lots of models where you adjust the voltage and power levels, build your own coils, yadda yadda ya. I replaced a simple one, with a complex one. found it easier to go back to cigs. Just bought a simple one again, Luis Vape Square Mini.

Cigs don't stink up your house if you don't smoke inside.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top