Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/1/2017 6:23:41 PM EDT
I've been using my Vamo for a couple years now and I think it's about on it's last leg. I usually vape at 9w so I don't need anything stronger than the Vamo's 15w.
I'm looking to see if there's something smaller that still has ego threads. The ego threads are a must have for me.
Do you guys have any suggestions or should I just get another Vamo?
Link Posted: 2/1/2017 9:05:36 PM EDT
[#1]
vamo 6 I think the Chinese have made even more might be a 7 or 8 model probably best option. I have a vamo 5 it works but there are better options as well. your ego options aren't that great I know you don't want to hear it. look into kangertech toptank minis they have 510 thread then you can buy some awesome mods that will last a long time. up to you keep using the chaep Chinese stuff fasttech still sells the vamos replace the one you had. or step and get to better vapeing.i started on the vamo just like you.
Link Posted: 2/2/2017 12:21:34 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/2/2017 1:12:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Wow it's been a while since I heard someone say ego threads. Those are just a 510 connection IIRC. Check out the evic-VTC mini. It has more power than you need but so do most mods on the market today. It does go down to 9 watts though and it won't break the bank.
View Quote

Ego threads are not 510 threads. Even though egos have 510 threads as well. On a 510 connection, the mod has a female port that the atomizer screws into. On an ego connection, the mod has a male (protruding) port that the atomizer screws onto.

I don't even know of any atomizers that have come out in the past year or two that use ego connections. OP, it might actually be less hassle to jump to a cheap mod with a 510 connection and a current tank with lots of coil options and stack it deep. I'd imagine it's getting harder and harder to find coils for whatever you're using now. Even rebuilding heads for the old stuff would eventually deteriorate the heads to the point of no more use.

As a side bonus, you could get something way smaller, easier to use, and better performance.

OP, if you also want to stick with the vamo, you can get a vamo v6 from fasttech for ~$25 if you're willing to wait a month or two.
Link Posted: 2/2/2017 4:34:08 PM EDT
[#4]
I found a itaste SVD for cheap to get me by for now. I'll look into these suggestions though.
My issue with the 510 threads is I end up stripping them out after a few drops on the floor. I've found that the ego threads are much more sturdy.
Link Posted: 2/2/2017 9:39:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 3:09:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Most devices with ego threads are generally are small and have less weight. So when dropped do not destroy the atomizers or device threads. I use a pistol magazine holster to carry  mine and keep it safe and easily in reach. here is my evic mini with kangertech top tank mini and my leatherman wave in a condor ma23 pistol pouch.

Link Posted: 2/4/2017 8:25:02 AM EDT
[#7]
I believe there are adapters to get Ego threading on standard 510 devices.  So you could use any mod you wanted.  I could be wrong.

Also, most modern mods have stainlese steel threading.  Very hard to strip.  I do remember the 510 threads being stripped after time on some of my old mods.  One of them being a Vamo.
Link Posted: 2/4/2017 1:14:46 PM EDT
[#8]
Yep, here's an adapter.  This is a good vendor, too.

https://www.myfreedomsmokes.com/adapter-male-510-to-ego-thread.html
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top