Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/31/2017 7:09:17 PM EDT
Holy fuck, can't believe I used to smoke 2 packs a day. Actually caught a buzz and was nauseous for hours. Never again.
Link Posted: 1/31/2017 7:12:12 PM EDT
[#1]
How bad did you cough?
Link Posted: 1/31/2017 7:13:29 PM EDT
[#2]
How many fake cigarettes have smoked?

Good for you, going on 3 years for me.
Link Posted: 1/31/2017 7:22:43 PM EDT
[#3]
I bet you are lying and that you felt as if the heavens opened up, and spilled their miraculous glory upon you, soaking your very soul.
Link Posted: 1/31/2017 7:22:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Nothing quite like easing back into it.  Go straight for Cowboy Killers.
I'm only 7 months out from under the smoking monkey, but even the smell of them turns my stomach.  Not sure how I did it for 25+ years.
Link Posted: 1/31/2017 7:36:12 PM EDT
[#5]
were they the government FSC fire safe cigs?

god knows whats in those

try a hand rolled with some good tobacco instead
Link Posted: 1/31/2017 10:43:16 PM EDT
[#6]
FUCK FSC! Actually thank you for adding that shit! That was the last draw for me and made me quit May 1st 2010.

Anybody that cannot tell the difference isn't a smoker. The FSC draw was so harsh and god forbid you let your cigarette sit for a sec while trying to take puff was a total KILL.
Link Posted: 2/1/2017 1:26:17 AM EDT
[#7]
I still smoke occasionally.  In some situations, cigarettes and a lighter are just easier to carry.  I used to feel bad about it, but not so much anymore.
Link Posted: 2/1/2017 1:17:01 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I still smoke occasionally.  In some situations, cigarettes and a lighter are just easier to carry.  I used to feel bad about it, but not so much anymore.
View Quote

About every 6 months I get the urge.  Sometimes I scratch it, buy a pack, take 2 drags, throw it all in the trash and remind myself that I told myself the last time that it was so disgusting not to try the experiment again.

Might re-apply that lesson today at lunch...it isn't that I want to smoke, but those couple of drags really kill the urge, and if it costs me $5 for 6 months of no craving, worth every penny.
Link Posted: 2/1/2017 2:55:13 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

About every 6 months I get the urge.  Sometimes I scratch it, buy a pack, take 2 drags, throw it all in the trash and remind myself that I told myself the last time that it was so disgusting not to try the experiment again.

Might re-apply that lesson today at lunch...it isn't that I want to smoke, but those couple of drags really kill the urge, and if it costs me $5 for 6 months of no craving, worth every penny.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Cheaper to give someone $0.50 0r a Buck for one Cig.....

I find most smokers will sell you one.. Lots will give you one, if you offer to buy it.....
Link Posted: 2/1/2017 3:03:17 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Holy fuck, can't believe I used to smoke 2 packs a day. Actually caught a buzz and was nauseous for hours. Never again.
View Quote
knowing how hard it can be to quit ....

Why the hell would you  try it again???
Link Posted: 2/1/2017 3:08:49 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Cheaper to give someone $0.50 0r a Buck for one Cig.....

I find most smokers will sell you one.. Lots will give you one, if you offer to buy it.....
View Quote

I smoked for 20 years...I know the culture.  

The $5 just makes the lesson stick better.  
Link Posted: 2/1/2017 4:53:27 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I hear ya.  When I first started vaping, about 5 years ago I think it is now, I went that first whole year without smoking a cig.  When I finally took a drag off a friend's smoke (my old brand, no less), it was terrible.  I couldn't believe the taste and how bad it was.

I'm not sure what changed over the years, but I still enjoy a smoke on occasion now.  Granted, every time I do, and the next time I pick up my mod/tank and take a pull, it tastes glorious and shows how bad cigs do taste.  I will say, I smoke less often than before, now that I make my own juice.  I would get tired of a favorite juice and then go on a buying spree of pre-made juices and get annoyed at not finding a new favorite, and buy smokes until I did.  Now I can just whip up a juice on my own and luckily, I have only made 1 that I didn't like.
Link Posted: 2/1/2017 5:59:01 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I hear ya.  When I first started vaping, about 5 years ago I think it is now, I went that first whole year without smoking a cig.  When I finally took a drag off a friend's smoke (my old brand, no less), it was terrible.  I couldn't believe the taste and how bad it was.

I'm not sure what changed over the years, but I still enjoy a smoke on occasion now.  Granted, every time I do, and the next time I pick up my mod/tank and take a pull, it tastes glorious and shows how bad cigs do taste.  I will say, I smoke less often than before, now that I make my own juice.  I would get tired of a favorite juice and then go on a buying spree of pre-made juices and get annoyed at not finding a new favorite, and buy smokes until I did.  Now I can just whip up a juice on my own and luckily, I have only made 1 that I didn't like.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I stated smoking at 13-14...
I quit smoking when I was 33.... Tapered off at first, then cold turkey....
My wife was still smoking at the time. I could lite a smoke for her & still not want one....
I guess I really wanted to quit.
She quit later that year...
Years later I could smoke one and not want to keep smoking. mainly when drinking and around a bunch of smokers...
All caught up to me when I was 44, and started smoking again.....

I think you have to really want to quit, you can't quit just because someone else wants you to.
It's been a week since I returned to Vaping, I still smoke 1-2 a day.
Went 2 days only Vaping. I think this time I may be able to make it stick.
Link Posted: 2/5/2017 1:19:01 PM EDT
[#14]
It's been a slow process for me because I just didn't want to give up that first cigarette with the first cup of coffee routine.

It finally got down to smoking just half the cigarette. As of right now, I've not had a cigarette since Thursday night.
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 8:29:38 PM EDT
[#15]
I've been vaping for three years and I haven't bought a pack since, but every once in a blue moon I'll have one cigarette with a beer.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top