Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/25/2016 5:16:23 PM EDT
I've been out of the vaping game for some time using a mod suggested here and I didn't realize how far things have evolved in vaping.  I was running 15 watts top with an iClear 30s and it was starting to act up.  I ended up finding a new store called Avail Vapor and needed a battery and juice on the road so I bought an iStick Pico with an Aspire Cleito tank.  It was reasonably priced and I have no idea what the newest gear is.  I don't have a ton of time to build coils and fiddle with my rebuildable tanks so this seems to be a good setup.

The problem I find is this Pico is running at 60 watts with a 2 ohm coil and uses the Avail branded juice like crazy.  It hits great and tastes great but i'm not use to using this much juice so fast.  The guys at Avail didn't really know what the mixture was (salesmen doing salesmen things) however it isn't my usual 50/50 blend.  I mean I went through 35ml in one week.  A 20ml bottle of 50/50 lasted me almost a month before.  

I know Mt. Baker seems to have went downhill and there are some sort of FDA restrictions I don't know about yet so i'm buying juice locally.  It has increased in price over the past few months.

I guess my question is does anybody know the mixture of the Avail juice?  Am I running this new mod wrong?  What is the scoop on buying juice online these days and where is the new go to?  What is a good blend for my setup?
Link Posted: 11/25/2016 8:09:25 PM EDT
[#1]
You bought a Subtank running .2 (point 2) ohm coils.  Subtanks suck juice down quick. I go thru 30 to 40 mil a day.
It does not matter the PG to VG ratio. I only use/make high VG juice. You will go thru much juice in that tank.
Gotta admit the taste is leaps and bounds beter than the Iclear 30. Good luck.
Link Posted: 11/25/2016 8:59:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Yeah it is fantastic for taste.  It's the best I have ever used but I may have to figure something else out for daily use or find another cheap juice supplier.
Link Posted: 11/28/2016 9:46:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Mech sauce brand is cheap n decent I love he slaughter melon it's like bubbleicious gum so tasty.I use kangertech subtanks with my own coils I generally biuld around 1.2 .8 coils n dial in wattage til flavor us good.
Link Posted: 11/29/2016 10:24:44 AM EDT
[#4]
As ssgsnake said, a sub-ohm tank is gonna drink juice a lot faster...but that's why the flavor is so much better, too, and it will be hard to go back.  You can expect to spend 7 times as much on retail juice (buying daily vs weekly), or you can get into DIY juice, and spend a lot less than you were on your 1 bottle/per week.  About $0.04/ml for DIY juice.

Avail is the only national chain store that I know of for vape.  Very corporate work environment, I'm told, but I've never been in one.  I try to stay loyal to my local vape shop, but after hearing the radio advertisements for Avail, I do want to swing in sometime soon and check out their goods.  Hopefully they have more in stock....local shops here have all cut way back on the amount of merchandise they carry.

ETA:  Hit up Avail today.  So-so.  They had some good stuff, just not much of it...I expected a better hardware section.  Didn't try any juices, not enough time.  Ended up picking up a Cleito 120 at my LVS instead...pretty nice so far (I got it all of an hour ago), the coil runs at 100-120w...pretty decent vape.  Have to buy the rebuildable deck separately, though.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top