Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/24/2016 7:14:55 PM EDT
Obviously things like juice and tanks don't need them, but the mods have so many chips in them anymore.

If your brand new Apple iThingy came with a 30 day warranty, you would be pretty pissed.
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 7:55:25 PM EDT
[#1]
For one thing, it seems like the younger set like to take them apart, rebuild them, and modify them, to no end.  
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 8:31:05 PM EDT
[#2]
The whole industry was created off cheap Chinese shit. There might be a couple quality manufacturers now but for the most part it's all garbage, right down to the batteries and chargers. There's no going back to the distributor for so much of it, so the retailer would have to factor in the loss for paying for a replacement and, well, most of those people are idiots

My Rocky Patel cigar  lighter is cheap Chinese garbage, but they give me a new one when it fucks up.
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 2:54:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Because in 2-3 weeks, something newer is out.
Link Posted: 9/30/2016 5:02:45 AM EDT
[#4]
its because the margins on the chinese products are so low.  The things are so  cheap people will just buy a new one.  No need for customer service. they cant afford to warranty as they would have to replace the whole unit.    Some companies still do a decent job of service like vape forward products but they aren't as cheap as the kanger stuff and whatnot

The ones i make I warranty pretty much as long as parts are available and it isn't too damaged to fix.  They start at 425 dollars though so thats just part of the deal.  You get what you pay for

Link Posted: 9/30/2016 8:18:31 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The whole industry was created off cheap Chinese shit. There might be a couple quality manufacturers now but for the most part it's all garbage, right down to the batteries and chargers.
View Quote

I gotta disagree.  There is a lot of quality, big name manufacturers in the game now.  And as far as batteries and chargers, I disagree 100%.  18650s have been around a loooong time before ecigs, and so have the chargers.  Sony, LG, Panasonic and Samsung all make great batteries and Nitecore and Efest make great chargers.  People are going nuts with the power craze and wanting eleventy billion watts in their mods, but won't take the time to be cautious and use batteries that can handle the amp load.  So when it comes to batteries, it's not so much the batteries fault when something goes wrong.  It's that people aren't using the proper ones for their uses.

It's easy to avoid the shitty products in the ecig game, as long as you're willing to do a few minutes of research.
Link Posted: 10/11/2016 1:56:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Most pricey regulated box mods do come with a warranty, my RX200 and Sigelei 150 mods did. Wotofo products have a 45-day warranty as well.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top