BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 68
Link Posted: 8/12/2017 6:36:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
My beloved IPV D3, my favorite mod in the 5 or so years of using these things, has met its end. It took a bad fall to hardwood floor and hasn't been right since. The battery door flew off and lost a magnet and now it only fires sometimes. Most times it just says "Short!" when you try to fire it. Sometimes "CHECK BATTERY". My tank doesn't have a short and my batteries are all fine (as proven by use of both on/in my VTC Mini). My VTC Mini still has auto-firing issues so it can't be my daily-use mod.

Couldn't find a black IPV D3 anywhere, so I decided to go with the Smok AL85, which is the smaller, single 18650 version of the Alien 220. Should be here tomorrow. Had to get the kit, even though I didn't want the tank it comes with, because I couldn't find just the mod at any of my preferred vendors.

I'll probably use the tank it comes just to try it out. It's the Baby Beast, and it seems most people like it. I still use my RDTA, as my main tank, though.
View Quote
I got an AL85 a few months ago with the bb tank to replace my Evic,  I like it,  a single JUST lasts one full day and bb tank is pretty damn good,   I do get a little leakage if I don't shut off the airflow when I fill it but it has damn good flavor with the .4 ohm single coil heads at about 40-45 watts.   I think you'll enjoy it.
Link Posted: 8/12/2017 9:32:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

I got an AL85 a few months ago with the bb tank to replace my Evic,  I like it,  a single JUST lasts one full day and bb tank is pretty damn good,   I do get a little leakage if I don't shut off the airflow when I fill it but it has damn good flavor with the .4 ohm single coil heads at about 40-45 watts.   I think you'll enjoy it.
View Quote
Been using it with my Limitless RDTA all day. I like the mod a lot. It's a lot smaller than I was expecting, but that's a good thing. My tank is 25mm and it fits almost flush. A barely-noticeable bit of overhang on the front, but you can't see it unless you're really looking.

Haven't tried the Baby Beast tank yet. I'm sure I will one random day when I'm too lazy to rebuild my coils on my Limitless.
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 10:55:29 AM EDT
[#3]
Well, my alien almost blew up in my lap yesterday. Just about shit myself.

While driving I tried to turn it on and nothing happened. Figured I had forgotten to swap batteries and they were dead so I plugged a micro usb cable into it to charge it and put it on my lap. A few seconds later I'm smelling smoke and my balls are getting pretty warm. OH FUCK. I looked down and the alien is smoking out of the charge port on the front. I immediately unplugged it and popped the battery cap open with one hand and chucked the batteries out the window before they could explode in my hand/the car.

I'm guessing a problem with the mod or the charging port (this is the first time I've ever used the charge port on the mod). I check my batteries every time they come off the charger so I know the wraps weren't torn.

Talk about a close call.

Edit: just got off the phone with madvapes about warranty questions. Apparently it's common for the alien to fail and almost explode when using the front USB slot as a charge slot since it generates a lot of heat. The support rep said the front USB is only for firmware updates and does not officially support charging.
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 2:57:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 5:48:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Damn. That's scary.

Well I'll consider that a "Note to self", since my new mod has the same chip as the Alien; do not charge via USB.

I think I've only charged a mod via USB one time, and it was the similar situation; I was driving and decided to try top off the battery.
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 12:48:40 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Just out of curiosity, was the charger pumping out more than 2 amps?
View Quote
The charger I plugged into it was a 2.4 amp USB charger with a monoprice cable. Now that you mention it, the higher amperage could have been a main cause to the mod failing as a typical USB connection is somewhere around 0.5 amps out of a computer if I remember correctly.

Higher amperage mixed with it being designed for updates and not charging probably was a recipe for disaster.

Just glad my balls didn't get exploded.

Weird thing is I'm pretty sure I remember vaping with it that morning with at least half battery life remaining.

I went to a work meeting and vaped on the way there, left it in my car and the incident happened when I was on my way to my second job.

Edit: batteries were married LG HG2's bought from illumn for those curious.
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 12:59:32 PM EDT
[#7]
Picked up the ammit 25 and rx gen 3. Got them yesterday, and so far I love them.

Link Posted: 8/17/2017 8:53:43 PM EDT
[#8]
Just picked up a Triade DNA 250.  Bit pricey but seems well built. I was advised to download an app called Escribe to configure the firmware.  Any experience/tips?
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 10:47:27 AM EDT
[#9]
Bleh, got a bad case of vaper's tongue again. I can't taste any juice. Doesn't matter if it's DIY or bought from a store. Can't even taste straight menthol.

Time to go back to unflavored for the next month.
Link Posted: 9/4/2017 12:17:11 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 9/4/2017 5:26:02 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Wish me luck fellas. I'm smack dab in the cone of death!! OMFGWTFBBQ!!
View Quote
Good luck and stay safe down there, man. Just saw the "Irma changed course, south Fl in its path now" thread in GD.
Link Posted: 9/4/2017 8:25:49 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 9/4/2017 11:33:21 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Miami looks fucked. I have plenty of ammo, food, water, etc. Grabbed a generator today as well to at least keep some fans and the fridge  running.
View Quote
hoping the best for you dude.  I hope it touches the east coast and blows back out to sea.  we shall see.
Link Posted: 9/5/2017 3:37:10 PM EDT
[#14]
Wish the best for you and hope you stay safe!
Link Posted: 9/5/2017 9:10:43 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 9/6/2017 1:32:11 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Thanks fellas. My wife and kids are bugging out tomorrow. I'm staying behind for work and to protect my ammo fort. You guys keep an eye on NY_Shooter in case he misbehaves. I'll probably lose power Friday night or Saturday.
View Quote
I'm mostly housebroken these days. Mostly.

Good luck, man. Hopefully that fucker goes back out to sea.
Link Posted: 9/6/2017 2:12:51 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I'm mostly housebroken these days. Mostly.
View Quote
Link Posted: 9/6/2017 7:01:13 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 9/10/2017 1:27:17 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I hope it goes out to sea. As of the latest update, the eye is going right over my house.
View Quote
@Keith1980
Still with us?  Are you still in the path of the eye?  Subject to the surge.
Fingers crossed for you man.
Link Posted: 9/10/2017 1:59:16 PM EDT
[#20]
I believe the projected target area has since changed from Keith's city to a different one. So hopefully, at worst, he's just without power at the moment.

Last I saw, was something like 600K without power in FL.
Link Posted: 9/11/2017 6:33:56 PM EDT
[#21]
Hope Keith is high and dry.

Quoted:
This thing is too much fun. And I got a lot of looks today from elderly folks. I think maybe because they thought it was a regular dirtbike and were wondering why I was cruising around the streets with it.

http://i.imgur.com/9BlQDVo.jpg
View Quote
Haven't checked in here in awhile but Sweet dude that looks so fun - I'd love to have that to compliment my sv650. What is the mpg?
Link Posted: 9/11/2017 7:03:03 PM EDT
[#22]
Oh yeah for those who've been dropping stuff - my Reliant with the Troll on it (last mod and atty that work) fell out of a pouch on my collecting bag while I was scaling a rock and fell in a river from about 10' up. Someone grabbed it for me, I noticed the glass broke but there were lights, and I ripped out the battery (screw cap). When I got back a couple hours later I stuffed a towel up in the battery compartment. Went home after a stop at the saloon and grabbed the spare glass, rewicked it, and it is GTG since Friday.
Link Posted: 9/11/2017 7:33:58 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Haven't checked in here in awhile but Sweet dude that looks so fun - I'd love to have that to compliment my sv650. What is the mpg?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:
This thing is too much fun. And I got a lot of looks today from elderly folks. I think maybe because they thought it was a regular dirtbike and were wondering why I was cruising around the streets with it.

http://i.imgur.com/9BlQDVo.jpg
73MPG is what Honda claims for the 2016 model. They don't have a claim for the 2017, which is what mine is. People report much a much higher MPG over on ADVRider, though. Around 90MPG if you're being extra conservative with the throttle. 60-70MPG seems to be the norm, though. That's about what I get, even ripping around the streets at high RPMs.

Bought it in June with 0 miles on it. I have 1,400 miles on it now. Put a Yoshimura RS-4 on it a couple weeks ago. Just waiting on Warp 9 to put out some supermoto wheels for my model. Supposed to be end of this month.

Link Posted: 9/11/2017 7:38:44 PM EDT
[#24]
Also, Wu Tang, represent!

Link Posted: 9/11/2017 9:06:56 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

73MPG is what Honda claims for the 2016 model. They don't have a claim for the 2017, which is what mine is. People report much a much higher MPG over on ADVRider, though. Around 90MPG if you're being extra conservative with the throttle. 60-70MPG seems to be the norm, though. That's about what I get, even ripping around the streets at high RPMs.

Bought it in June with 0 miles on it. I have 1,400 miles on it now. Put a Yoshimura RS-4 on it a couple weeks ago. Just waiting on Warp 9 to put out some supermoto wheels for my model. Supposed to be end of this month.

https://i.imgur.com/jFKOguZ.jpg
View Quote
#hellyeah
Link Posted: 9/18/2017 2:39:56 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 9/18/2017 2:54:15 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I'm alive!! Just got power back yesterday and cable/interwebs back today. Been slammed at work but I'm all good! I'll still be scarce around here because of work.
View Quote
Glad to hear it!
Link Posted: 9/18/2017 3:20:19 PM EDT
[#28]
Glad you and your family made it through alright Keith.
Link Posted: 9/18/2017 8:02:43 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 9/18/2017 9:58:34 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I'm alive!! Just got power back yesterday and cable/interwebs back today. Been slammed at work but I'm all good! I'll still be scarce around here because of work.
View Quote
Glad to hear it. Now supply again just in case 
Link Posted: 9/18/2017 10:43:35 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 2:20:33 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Already on it. I ordered a few things off Amazon. Some new heavy duty extensions cords, a few spark plugs for the generator, a few air filters, and a brand new carb just in case. I bought a portable AC before the storm for the bedroom. That AC was a lifesaver.
View Quote
if you need help sourcing things on amazon, hit me up.  I like to find deals.
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 11:38:30 AM EDT
[#33]
Always a ton of good deals on undefined's site. I'm sure he'd give you access if you asked him.
Link Posted: 9/22/2017 6:20:34 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote
Glad to hear it.  Any damage to your home (apartment / dwelleing / ...)?
As a whole, it looks like Florida dodged a serious bullet.  I know there are a lot of folks that would disagree (and rightly so, given their houses, property, etc have been destroyed), but the fact is things could have been much more serious.  I'm glad you and yours made it through safe and sound!
Link Posted: 9/22/2017 10:52:43 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 9/30/2017 8:22:03 PM EDT
[#36]
Figured I'd just ask in here instead of starting a new thread. I'm just getting started again and was having issues with my coils. They keep getting a burnt taste within a day or two sometimes the same day I change them. Had it happen on the cheap Horizon Cerakoat tank I had leftover from before and the Innokin Scion tank that came with my mod. I'm priming the coils, vaping within their recommended power range with 70%VG juice, and not chain vaping or anything ie the coils are able to cool down between.

Link Posted: 10/21/2017 6:27:24 PM EDT
[#37]
Titty sprinkles. That is all
Link Posted: 10/21/2017 6:34:55 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 10/21/2017 8:13:16 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Figured I'd just ask in here instead of starting a new thread. I'm just getting started again and was having issues with my coils. They keep getting a burnt taste within a day or two sometimes the same day I change them. Had it happen on the cheap Horizon Cerakoat tank I had leftover from before and the Innokin Scion tank that came with my mod. I'm priming the coils, vaping within their recommended power range with 70%VG juice, and not chain vaping or anything ie the coils are able to cool down between.

View Quote
Could be your juice is a coil killer (dark juices and ones with lots of sweetener gunk up coils quick).

I can't think of any other reason it would happen consistently with different tanks.
Link Posted: 10/21/2017 9:38:59 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View Quote
Oh you!
Link Posted: 10/21/2017 11:20:49 PM EDT
[#41]
Hello. I heard there will be titty sprinkles.
Link Posted: 10/21/2017 11:55:23 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View Quote
it's no loofah, but I don't want to get the hammer either.
Link Posted: 10/22/2017 12:31:33 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/3784524440/3377b0b85643a69995b1718e66915731.jpeg
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/3784524440/3377b0b85643a69995b1718e66915731.jpeg
I forgot to tell you guys, I've left the loofah life behind and have switched to one these. Highly recommend.

But since those don't have a catchy name, I will still happily answer to "Loofah".
Link Posted: 10/22/2017 5:24:09 AM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 10/22/2017 8:48:51 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
I have no idea what's going on in here...
View Quote
Link Posted: 10/22/2017 7:47:25 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
I have no idea what's going on in here...
View Quote
I thought it was pretty clear. 
Link Posted: 10/22/2017 7:56:52 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 10/22/2017 9:37:56 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
I got all nostalgic and bought a Tyco TCR slotless track.

ETA: Link didn't work. Here's a pic.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/262514/tycotrack-341245.jpg
View Quote
I think that is the exact one we had -
Link Posted: 10/22/2017 10:34:20 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 10/22/2017 10:36:58 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 68
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top