BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 68
Link Posted: 2/15/2017 1:13:18 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

The cleito also has way too much airflow. Try keeping it barely open and slowly open it up from there until you get to a good draw. I have yet to meet anyone that opens it up further than a third of the way.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Ok, cool. Thanks. I'll run through a tank and see how it is after.

The cleito also has way too much airflow. Try keeping it barely open and slowly open it up from there until you get to a good draw. I have yet to meet anyone that opens it up further than a third of the way.

I had it a little more than half way closed when I tried it.  I'll try closing it off more.
Link Posted: 2/15/2017 9:50:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Read up on the Cleito, and it gets high ratings everywhere I look and read.  Just put an order in for a black one, and a 5-pack of .4 ohm coils.

I'll have to bring my VTC Mini out of retirement to use with it.  After I tear it open and see what's making the fire button stick, though.
View Quote
FYI.... cheap price for coils..........

Fasttech Cleito Coils....
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 10:51:21 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
FYI.... cheap price for coils..........

Fasttech Cleito Coils....
View Quote

Awesome. Thank you.
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 8:17:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Get that coil broken in yet?
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 4:44:42 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

I was an idiot and didn't touch the tank for a few days and now the coil is flooded from sitting there.

I'll try again with a new coil sometime.
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 10:54:17 AM EDT
[#6]
I used to love the flavor from the ceramic cup builds I did in my LEO stuff, but the Aspire style ceramic heads (gold) I couldn't stand. It made normal flavors cloying and sickly-sweet.

Quoted:
Under 50w, I wouldn't get anything but an AIO.  And I've yet to find anything that compares to the eVic AIO by Joyatech.  Coils are cheap and almost universally available.

You'll never get monster flavor at that wattage, but you can get satisfying flavor with a .25 coil at 50w with the right juice.  Cinnamon or coffee flavors, possibly tobacco.  Fruit or pastry flavors will be weak.

Our ideas of flavor may be pretty far apart, though.  I run 2 setups nowadays...a TFV8 with dual or quad coils at 90-120w, or a eVic AIO with the .25 coil at 50w.  The juice I run in the AIO is revolting in anything that actually puts out some vape, but it's enough flavor to be satisfying in the little setup and gets me through the day just fine.
View Quote

Broke my sub tank, so I'm going to try the AIO on your recommendation.

I've not managed to get a satisfying build on my Billow yet - they just didn't make the juice channels big enough to flow >80%vg no matter how I wick it. I know the wicks are fine because I can drip in it a little and get a half dozen really nice hits before it goes back to the dry side. And that is at <30 watts. It makes no difference if they are tailed into the channels or pancaked Rip Tripper style - the juice just doesn't get into the deck.

I also ordered a WOTOFO The Troll RTA on a whim to see if I have better luck.

ETA -
http://vapingunderground.com/threads/wotofo-troll-rta-review.302781/
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 3:57:13 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I used to love the flavor from the ceramic cup builds I did in my LEO stuff, but the Aspire style ceramic heads (gold) I couldn't stand. It made normal flavors cloying and sickly-sweet.

Broke my sub tank, so I'm going to try the AIO on your recommendation.

I've not managed to get a satisfying build on my Billow yet - they just didn't make the juice channels big enough to flow >80%vg no matter how I wick it. I know the wicks are fine because I can drip in it a little and get a half dozen really nice hits before it goes back to the dry side. And that is at <30 watts. It makes no difference if they are tailed into the channels or pancaked Rip Tripper style - the juice just doesn't get into the deck.

I also ordered a WOTOFO The Troll RTA on a whim to see if I have better luck.

ETA -
http://vapingunderground.com/threads/wotofo-troll-rta-review.302781/
View Quote

Have you ever tried an RDTA?  Basically a modern-day Genesis style tank.  They're very forgiving, and don't really require any finesse with coiling/wicking, in my experience.  There is no vacuum to deal with, like bottom-fed tanks.  So wicking doesn't have to be perfect to prevent leaking or dry hits.  Also, going from cold to warm doesn't make for a leaky tank, which has been an issue in the past for me with bottom-fed tanks and cold weather up here.

Aside from non-rebuildable tanks like the Cleito for when I'm feeling lazy, I don't ever see myself going back to anything but Genesis style tanks.  My Limitless Plus has been great to me for many months.  Also, juice capacity is almost always more than similar sized bottom-fed tanks.  Mine holds 6+ ml of juice (25mm tank, though), and it's shorter than most other tanks in its class.
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 6:22:23 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Have you ever tried an RDTA?  Basically a modern-day Genesis style tank.  They're very forgiving, and don't really require any finesse with coiling/wicking, in my experience.  There is no vacuum to deal with, like bottom-fed tanks.  So wicking doesn't have to be perfect to prevent leaking or dry hits.  Also, going from cold to warm doesn't make for a leaky tank, which has been an issue in the past for me with bottom-fed tanks and cold weather up here.

Aside from non-rebuildable tanks like the Cleito for when I'm feeling lazy, I don't ever see myself going back to anything but Genesis style tanks.  My Limitless Plus has been great to me for many months.  Also, juice capacity is almost always more than similar sized bottom-fed tanks.  Mine holds 6+ ml of juice (25mm tank, though), and it's shorter than most other tanks in its class.
View Quote

Sounds like what I should try next. The Troll was a bit of an impulse buy but there are a lot of happy users and they are just cutting the wicks at the deck level with no leaks or dry hits. If only I could be so lucky. It's like it is voodoo.

But seriously I think this billow is just not up to flowing thick juice, and that's all I care for. I may channel it out some and see later.
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 6:33:48 PM EDT
[#9]
Yeah, I've heard lots of good things about the Troll RTA.  They make good stuff.
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 7:46:10 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I was an idiot and didn't touch the tank for a few days and now the coil is flooded from sitting there.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Take the Coil out, Hold your finger over one end.....
Blow on the other end...
It will force the excess Juice out of the Cotton......
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 8:03:27 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Blow on the other end...
View Quote

I'll give that a try.
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 10:39:29 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I'll give that a try.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Blow on the other end...

I'll give that a try.
I got the Idea from this Video on Cleaning Sub-Ohm Coils...
I think it would work for Your Flooded Coil the same way....

Tutorial: How to clean your sub ohm tank coils
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 11:22:13 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I got the Idea from this Video on Cleaning Sub-Ohm Coils...
I think it would work for Your Flooded Coil the same way....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y84mLY9HdOw
View Quote

Holy shit! I'm going to have to try that! I'm shelling out enough now for coils for the tfv8's and the triforces that it's getting back up to smoking expense. Plus triforce coils are getting hard to come by...

I'll have to see if that works, we just emptied our dead coil cup, so I'll have to get a couple built up and try that. I just wonder if soaking them takes the build up off the coil itself...

I have a order on the way but thanks to the holiday tomorrow they won't be here til tuesday, so I had to go today and shell out 7 bux a pop for some tfv8 coils. ugh.
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 11:37:09 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote

Ol lady say she gets the best results letting it prime 4-6 hours and she does like me and breaks it in, low wattage at first then ramping it up to the flavor sweet spot. But I've found in the year or so I've been vaping, that coils are hit or miss... bad batches get thru frequently...

It was explained to me like this, some packs are made by the 8 year old child labor, others made by the 12 year old labor, the ones by the 12 year olds are usually better.

I dig on my limitless RDTA. Wish it held more juice, but I chain vape so for the average user it's not such a big deal.

Also I use vapenw.com on the regular for coil replacements and new mods. They are usually the cheapest and their shipping has always been fast. I placed an order friday and have no doubt it'd be here monday if monday wasn't a holiday.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 1:20:28 AM EDT
[#15]
I'll have to try that out to get it un-flooded.  Thanks for the heads up.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 1:21:18 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Ol lady say she gets the best results letting it prime 4-6 hours and she does like me and breaks it in, low wattage at first then ramping it up to the flavor sweet spot. But I've found in the year or so I've been vaping, that coils are hit or miss... bad batches get thru frequently...

It was explained to me like this, some packs are made by the 8 year old child labor, others made by the 12 year old labor, the ones by the 12 year olds are usually better.

https://scontent-dft4-2.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/14632992_10202247024772502_5243907070913746595_n.jpg?oh=d390fdc6f59e41b683e10c5bd5c0dc78&oe=59319DBC
I dig on my limitless RDTA. Wish it held more juice, but I chain vape so for the average user it's not such a big deal.

Also I use vapenw.com on the regular for coil replacements and new mods. They are usually the cheapest and their shipping has always been fast. I placed an order friday and have no doubt it'd be here monday if monday wasn't a holiday.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://scontent-dft4-2.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/14632992_10202247024772502_5243907070913746595_n.jpg?oh=d390fdc6f59e41b683e10c5bd5c0dc78&oe=59319DBC

Get the Limitless Plus.  I love mine and it holds around 6ml.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 1:23:53 PM EDT
[#17]
I have had a limitless sitting around forever - I had zero luck trying to get that thing to run. I will give it a go gain this weekend and try and figure out what I am doing wrong.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 4:19:26 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I have had a limitless sitting around forever - I had zero luck trying to get that thing to run. I will give it a go gain this weekend and try and figure out what I am doing wrong.
View Quote

What's been the issue with it?
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 5:04:21 PM EDT
[#19]
Dry hits and leaking.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 7:01:42 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Dry hits and leaking.
View Quote

Hmmmm.  If you already have a build in it, post up a pic if you can.  

I do very basic, spaced dual coils that come out to .35ish ohms and run it at 42ish watts.  Wicks snug but not too tight, running down into the tank, but just out of sight if you're looking into thr glass.  Never a dry hit.  I have been using mostly about 80VG/20PG juice.

I've heard of and seen posts where people have the wicks hanging all the way down into the tank, like a true Genesis tank, and report that it's a "juicier tasting vape".  I haven't tried it yet, but I will sooner or later.

As for leaking, where is it leaking from?
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 1:34:10 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Hmmmm.  If you already have a build in it, post up a pic if you can.  

I do very basic, spaced dual coils that come out to .35ish ohms and run it at 42ish watts.  Wicks snug but not too tight, running down into the tank, but just out of sight if you're looking into thr glass.  Never a dry hit.  I have been using mostly about 80VG/20PG juice.

I've heard of and seen posts where people have the wicks hanging all the way down into the tank, like a true Genesis tank, and report that it's a "juicier tasting vape".  I haven't tried it yet, but I will sooner or later.

As for leaking, where is it leaking from?
View Quote

I also have a Limitless adorning my shelf.  I tried both methods of wicking, and both sucked.  I didn't have a leaking problem, but just could not get the thing to produce good flavor.

Didn't play around with the build too much, though.  But my builds generally run at .18, and produce big flavor in the 70-90w range.  Dual 6-wrap 22 gauge.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 2:13:27 AM EDT
[#22]
I dunno.  I find my Limitless Plus to be one of the easiest tanks to work with, in my experience.

I do simple coil builds.  (2) spaced 26ga coils around a blue screwdriver.  7 wraps each.  Comes out to .35ish ohms.  42-44 watts is where I like it.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 2:24:49 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

I'll give that a try.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Blow on the other end...

I'll give that a try.
Did you try it out?  Did it Help? 
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 2:41:48 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Did you try it out?  Did it Help? 
View Quote

Not yet.

I haven't been home much this week.  Once I get some down time, I will work with it.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 9:13:59 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I dunno.  I find my Limitless Plus to be one of the easiest tanks to work with, in my experience.

I do simple coil builds.  (2) spaced 26ga coils around a blue screwdriver.  7 wraps each.  Comes out to .35ish ohms.  42-44 watts is where I like it.
View Quote

So I rebuilt my limitless plus tonight with dual Clapton at .29 and watched a video on wicking and so far it's really good. Great flavor and no dry hits. Hitting around 86 watts and giving awesome flavor. Glad I took the time to try another build.
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 12:47:10 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

So I rebuilt my limitless plus tonight with dual Clapton at .29 and watched a video on wicking and so far it's really good. Great flavor and no dry hits. Hitting around 86 watts and giving awesome flavor. Glad I took the time to try another build.
View Quote

Nice!
Link Posted: 3/3/2017 10:23:56 AM EDT
[#27]
I think I just accidentally quit vaping. I got way too drunk on Saturday and lost my vape sometime throughout the night. Sunday I was too hungover to care about vaping and it took me until today to realize I have no idea where it is and that I haven't vaped all week.
Link Posted: 3/7/2017 3:13:23 AM EDT
[#28]
huh - mech sauce raised their prices again.  $25 for 120 ML now.  about time to get back into home brew.
Link Posted: 3/14/2017 6:28:26 PM EDT
[#29]
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Anyone need any snow?  Keith, I know you want some of this.
Link Posted: 3/14/2017 6:36:27 PM EDT
[#30]

Wow, I haven't seen a good pile-up like that in years. Looks fun to me.
Link Posted: 3/14/2017 6:37:50 PM EDT
[#31]
I wish I still had a 4-wheeler, then it would be more fun.  
Link Posted: 3/14/2017 9:46:27 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 3/14/2017 10:01:42 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 3/14/2017 10:17:29 PM EDT
[#34]
Sure, rub it in.  Seems to be the Arfcom way.  This is another Arfcommer I texted snow pics to earlier who lives in Arizona:

Attachment Attached File

Jerks.
Link Posted: 3/14/2017 10:43:29 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 3/14/2017 11:20:54 PM EDT
[#36]

Send some heat up my way!
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 1:54:06 AM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 2:07:23 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 2:43:57 AM EDT
[#39]
Let's get off the topic of snow and farts.

I just ordered a Wotofo Serpent RDTA.  Been wanting to try a new mouth-to-lung tank and it seems to be a good choice.  I've also been wanting to bring my 4Nine mech mod out of retirement, so it's gonna be paired with the Serpent for an alternate setup to my IPV D3 and Limitless Plus.
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 3:57:18 AM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 8:07:22 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 10:20:55 PM EDT
[#42]

It warmed up to 17 for the night.
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 11:00:41 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 11:04:42 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 11:07:30 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 11:15:38 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 11:17:16 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 4:05:31 AM EDT
[#48]
you fuckers really should move south, ya know?  me and keef have it going on.  

Link Posted: 3/16/2017 6:27:27 AM EDT
[#49]
You guys talking all this shit is just my karma from when I lived in South Carolina and I used to send up pics of sunshine and sand when my friends and fam were having snow storms up here.

The snow has stopped.  We beat our old record from 1961 for amount of snow within a 24hr period.  It was 23".  We got 31".

That doesn't count the before and after that 24hr period, though.  Fuck snow.
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 6:29:41 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
MBV 'Fresh Yellow Snow' is good!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Looks good. But can it vape fart flavored snow?
MBV 'Fresh Yellow Snow' is good!

Page / 68
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top