Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/16/2014 10:46:15 PM EDT
I'm messing around with different parts on my builds and I have an AR that weighs a total of 6lbs 1.21oz.  This includes a foregrip and BUIS.  I remove those parts, check the stats again and the weight of my gun jumps up to 6lbs 12oz!  What is the accurate total weight on a completed gun supposed to be with the parts chosen?  I think there may be a bug that needs to be checked out.
Link Posted: 2/18/2014 10:06:50 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/18/2014 11:32:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Here is the link.  The AR has no sites or foregrips on it at the moment.  I'm also using a Fortis REV 14 rail.  Check the weight of it then add a Magpul front and rear buis and a AFG and watch the weight drop!                                                                    http://www.ar15.com/gunstruction/?guid=7261A00E-0FED-4012-A2CC-77C95513EC07
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Can you post or email me a link to the gun that this occurs on?  I tried it with a prebuild cmmg and vltor and didn't have a problem.  Sounds like it might be specific to some particular part.    If you don't have a save of the gun, do you know what handguard, foregrip and BUIS you were using?
[email protected]
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm messing around with different parts on my builds and I have an AR that weighs a total of 6lbs 1.21oz.  This includes a foregrip and BUIS.  I remove those parts, check the stats again and the weight of my gun jumps up to 6lbs 12oz!  What is the accurate total weight on a completed gun supposed to be with the parts chosen?  I think there may be a bug that needs to be checked out.

Can you post or email me a link to the gun that this occurs on?  I tried it with a prebuild cmmg and vltor and didn't have a problem.  Sounds like it might be specific to some particular part.    If you don't have a save of the gun, do you know what handguard, foregrip and BUIS you were using?
[email protected]

Link Posted: 2/19/2014 12:06:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top