Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/27/2016 7:37:29 PM EDT
I just readied up a batch of strawberry melomel.

1.8 lbs of strawberries
3 lbs honey
1 tsp acid blend
1 tsp pectic enzyme
1 tsp yeast nutrient
1/4 tsp wine tannin

ABV 16% @ 60F

I have a crushed campden tablet in it right now to kill unwanted yeasts. Tomorrow I will pitch US05 yeast.

I'm thinking this should give me a nice semi-sweet to sweet melomel.

Link Posted: 8/30/2016 4:21:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Your ideas are intriguing to me and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter!
Link Posted: 9/11/2016 1:01:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Your ideas are intriguing to me and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter!
View Quote

Thanks! here is an update. This is 2 days after the first racking of the strawberry.

eta: The photo makes the mead look amber colored but it's closer to pink than amber.
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 10:01:30 AM EDT
[#3]
That's not as much strawberry as I would've expected.
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 8:01:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
That's not as much strawberry as I would've expected.
View Quote

I just did another one today with 3.5 lbs of strawberries Cote De Blanc yeast.
Link Posted: 11/7/2016 2:23:03 AM EDT
[#5]
This is very good mead, but very sweet.
Link Posted: 1/9/2017 12:36:27 AM EDT
[#6]
I just finished my first booze ever (hard cider) which turned out to my satisfaction. Three one gallon carboys and three 4 pound containers of local honey...ready to start mead tomorrow. Wife just saw this so one of the three will be your recipe. (With Lav D-47). Thank you for posting this.
Link Posted: 2/5/2017 1:35:53 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I just finished my first booze ever (hard cider) which turned out to my satisfaction. Three one gallon carboys and three 4 pound containers of local honey...ready to start mead tomorrow. Wife just saw this so one of the three will be your recipe. (With Lav D-47). Thank you for posting this.
View Quote

You're welcome. A couple of things i changed on another recipe of strawberry that turned out better. I used 3 lbs of strawberries and boiled them for 15 minutes in bottled water, then strained the strawberries out. This extracts all the juices and doesn't leave so much debris to be dealt with later when racking.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top