Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/26/2016 10:05:25 PM EDT
Anyone else brewing Monday and putting it away until 2020?

I'm probably going to do a Bochet style Mead with stepped additions of honey to try to get the ABV as high as I can.

Tentative recipe will be based on this, with a change to starting with 2.5# per gallon.  The starting honey I want to caramelize for a bit (Bochet style), and then step add using some wildflower honey.

Once primary is complete and it wont take any more honey, I plan to rack onto some toasted oak, age for a bit, then rack again and wait until next leap year to taste it!

Only issue I ran into, I decided on this style too late to order the WLP099, so I plan to start with Champagne yeast, and depending on how far that yeast is able to take it, I will pitch some WLP099 later.

Anyone see issues with this recipe?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top