BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/13/2016 6:17:28 PM EDT
Electric Brewing Kettle...

Does anybody here have one?
Link Posted: 1/14/2016 12:26:27 AM EDT
[#1]
I don't (I went stove top to propane) but I have never heard anything bad about anything blichman.

It seems like a good product.
Link Posted: 1/19/2016 4:52:37 PM EDT
[#2]
IMO, the blichmann stuff is real nice but the proprietary connector kind of kills it. You can build or even buy a comparable kettle for much less. IM if you would like some more info.
Link Posted: 1/19/2016 5:01:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Perhaps AB will be along to comment, but he strongly endorses a kettle like those.  I can see where it's an efficient means to get water up to the boil, but I don't think it would work for my purposes.  To make Persian tea, the teapot rests on a kettle with the top removed.  That provides a gentle heat source for the teapot while the tea steeps.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top