Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/8/2015 3:37:31 PM EDT
I will be moving into a new house soon and want to pick up a chest freezer to turn into a keezer. However, I don't want a standard white one.

I've seen some keezer builds on Home Brew Talk that used an Igloo FRF795 7.2 cu. ft. chest freezer in black. Those builds look really nice with the black freezer. However, I can't seem to find a black chest freezer to save my life.

Does anyone have any leads on where to get a black chest freezer that can fit 4 Cornies (~7.2+ cu. ft.)?
Link Posted: 4/10/2015 10:44:29 AM EDT
[#1]
Check Home Depot. They frequently have sales on those units. Check Craigslist too.

Also, don't get hung up on color, painting one to the exact color you want is much easier.
Link Posted: 4/10/2015 1:15:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I will be moving into a new house soon and want to pick up a chest freezer to turn into a keezer. However, I don't want a standard white one.

I've seen some keezer builds on Home Brew Talk that used an Igloo FRF795 7.2 cu. ft. chest freezer in black. Those builds look really nice with the black freezer. However, I can't seem to find a black chest freezer to save my life.

Does anyone have any leads on where to get a black chest freezer that can fit 4 Cornies (~7.2+ cu. ft.)?
View Quote

white chest freezer +

= black chest freezer
Link Posted: 4/10/2015 10:51:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Also, don't get hung up on color, painting one to the exact color you want is much easier.
View Quote

It's not so easy to paint the front control panel or the plastic handles. I'd much prefer it to be black from the factory. Plus, that way I wouldn't have to modify it permanently in any way.
Link Posted: 4/11/2015 10:26:11 AM EDT
[#4]
It's rediculusly easy to paint a chest freezer any color you want.
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 6:21:33 PM EDT
[#5]
I did mine in chalk paint to label my brews.

ETA current pic, you can tell my kid has been drawing on it. The tap handles will be back on next week; and I'll give her a good wipe down with a wet wash cloth.  Finally started brewing again now that classes are almost over.
</a>" />
Link Posted: 5/15/2015 8:27:02 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 5/17/2015 1:02:43 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I did mine in chalk paint to label my brews.

ETA current pic, you can tell my kid has been drawing on it. The tap handles will be back on next week; and I'll give her a good wipe down with a wet wash cloth.  Finally started brewing again now that classes are almost over.
http://<a href=http://i664.photobucket.com/albums/vv10/mcarden1/Mobile%20Uploads/20150419_182242_zpszpm8fvfl.jpg</a>" />
View Quote

I was gonna mention the chalk paint.  I have been thinking of doing that to my keg fridge.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top