Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/29/2015 5:43:33 PM EDT
In 2011 I bought all the gear I needed and made two extract kits. Never made any more, and was about to sell my stuff, when the bug hit me again.

I've ordered a Dark Brown Wheat extract kit from Midwest, and I'm gonna try it again.

So maybe in April, I'll have a batch to report.
Link Posted: 1/30/2015 9:53:33 AM EDT
[#1]
Good luck. Sounds like a great brew!

It is a fun hobby I have stopped and started several times. Sometimes I will get real caught up in it and make a ton of beer. Then one day I will get tired of it and end up packing it all up. That is where I am at now. I have all my stuff packed into my reach-in and attic. I just do not drink much anymore.
Link Posted: 1/30/2015 11:55:11 AM EDT
[#2]
Just a tip when doing the extract batches, don't add all the extract in at the beginning of the boil. Put in about 1/3 of it in at the start, then add the rest at flameout. It helps to keep some of the camel-ish flavors out of your beer.
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 2:37:03 PM EDT
[#3]
I just ordered the equipment and a yuengling clone kit to try my hand at next week.
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 3:38:41 PM EDT
[#4]
I bottled mine for a few years when I lived in an apartment. We moved into a home without a dishwasher, and no space for one, so sanitizing bottles became a pain and I quit brewing for a few years. Girlfriend ended up buying me a kegging setup and it's been a steady supply ever since.
Link Posted: 2/2/2015 5:58:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Dark brown wheat?...you mean their Dunkelweizen?

All my hobbies wax and wane.  Brewing is going strong probably because it's really the perfect hobby.
Link Posted: 2/2/2015 7:22:27 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Dark brown wheat?...you mean their Dunkelweizen?

All my hobbies wax and wane.  Brewing is going strong probably because it's really the perfect hobby.
View Quote

Yeah, it's the Dunkelwiezen I guess.
Link Posted: 2/4/2015 3:35:37 AM EDT
[#7]
Cool, good luck!
Link Posted: 2/7/2015 7:48:37 PM EDT
[#8]
its been about 2 years for me but mostly because all i had was that mr beer tub.  

now ive got better stuff and will have a brew ready in a week or so plus the likelihood of going to all grain
Link Posted: 2/9/2015 12:01:46 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Just a tip when doing the extract batches, don't add all the extract in at the beginning of the boil. Put in about 1/3 of it in at the start, then add the rest at flameout. It helps to keep some of the camel-ish flavors out of your beer.
View Quote

+1
when making a beer that is supposed to be light in color, this will help keep it from darkening it as much.
Link Posted: 2/10/2015 2:33:23 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

+1
when making a beer that is supposed to be light in color, this will help keep it from darkening it as much.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

+1

Even with a partial boil? I have to do about a 3 gallon boil, and add water at the end.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top