Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/7/2014 10:38:49 PM EDT
I know, not the season. Gonna brew a vanilla sweet stout for that this weekend. For this wheat I am weighing two options. First, northern brewer has a raspberry wheat beer extract kit, with a natural raspberry flavor to add at bottling time. Second. Use a base wheat beer kit and then add real fruit or some kind of berry. Thinking either blueberry or peach. From my pumpkin brew thread it seems that with using any real fruit/berry I'm gonna lose a good bit of beer in the process due to the extra sediment, especially if I transfer to secondary. So which way to go? Use the real deal or flavoring? Any other thoughts/insight?
Link Posted: 11/7/2014 11:01:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Dildo's, lot's of Dildo's.....
Link Posted: 11/7/2014 11:38:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Dildo's, lot's of Dildo's.....
View Quote

Your mom
Link Posted: 11/8/2014 6:00:21 AM EDT
[#3]
I brewed a basic wheat beer (1/2 wheat, 1/2 Pilsen malts) and transfered on top of 49oz cherry puree and 3# frozen tart cherries. Left it for about 2 months. Turned out great. Was afraid that it may have soured on me, nope. Going to brew that one again next spring. I prefer to use real fruit vs the extract flavorings. If you use extract flavoring, add it to the priming sugar solution at bottling.
Link Posted: 11/14/2014 12:27:32 AM EDT
[#4]
Not the season but a Strawberry, Blueberry or Blackberry wheat would be great for spring. If you're not set on a wheat beer, how 'bout a lambic as it needs to sit in a fermentor for 4-6 mos.
Link Posted: 11/14/2014 9:36:54 AM EDT
[#5]
I do a strawberry / rhubarb with real fruit that is on permanent tap at the house. Had an abundance of rhubarb growing beside the house. Had to use it for something.

8lbs strawberry
3lbs rhubarb

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top