Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/2/2014 8:46:14 AM EDT
Just ordered the Dead Ringer IPA extract kit from Northern...anybody done it?

GT
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 1:29:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Just ordered the Dead Ringer IPA extract kit from Northern...anybody done it?

GT
View Quote

Just racked the AG version to secondary last night. Smelled awesome.
Now to dry hop it
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 9:37:04 AM EDT
[#2]
I have done it twice. The first time it came out wrong. but still good. the second time, well, it is in secondary right now but looks good.

The first time, I left the heat on when I added the extract and I scorched it. It made my IPA as dark as a porter, and added a little bit of a roasted marshmallow flavor. It was not bad and it all got drank. But off for sure.
Link Posted: 10/8/2014 10:28:15 AM EDT
[#3]
I just ordered a kit.
I have not made that kit before before.

It's pricey enough that I hope it will turn out good!

Link Posted: 10/8/2014 10:38:43 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I just ordered a kit.I have not made that kit before before.

http://i.pbase.com/o9/72/325172/1/157740109.xevt4WNc.dead_ringer_ipa.jpg

View Quote

Have you had Bells Two Hearted Ale? Pick some up and that is what you are in for. Good stuff
Link Posted: 10/8/2014 11:16:24 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Have you had Bells Two Hearted Ale? Pick some up and that is what you are in for. Good stuff
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I just ordered a kit.I have not made that kit before before.

http://i.pbase.com/o9/72/325172/1/157740109.xevt4WNc.dead_ringer_ipa.jpg

Never had one of those - I'll look at the local liquor barn for it.

I understand that "Dead Ringer" is supposedly a clone but NB had to change the name (originally NB called the kit Three Hearted Ale).

It has good reviews so I imagine that even at the worst it will still be wonderful.....
Link Posted: 10/9/2014 9:30:40 AM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for the replies...did the 1 gallon extract kit last night...it's a bit different from the 5 gallon kit as you don't rack to secondary and dry hop...all hops are in before primary...looked and smelled great! We'll see how it turns out and may be doing the 5 gallon batch.

Now...what next??? hmmmmm

GT
Link Posted: 10/9/2014 9:48:23 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Thanks for the replies...did the 1 gallon extract kit last night...it's a bit different from the 5 gallon kit as you don't rack to secondary and dry hop...all hops are in before primary...looked and smelled great! We'll see how it turns out and may be doing the 5 gallon batch.

Now...what next??? hmmmmm

GT
View Quote

If looking for a style kinda opposite, I suggest John Palmers Elevensies from northern brewer. It is a brown ale partial mash that is easy, cheap, and freaking delicious.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top