Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/6/2014 9:29:56 PM EDT
Just got the results back from my first competition and I did way better than I would have thought.  It was for an annual Toast Nebraska event.  I took three wines, One was a sweet red wine made from native grapes that the guy had no idea what varietal they were.  It was kind of a Shiraz like wine and it got the bronze in it's class.  I had a Seyval/Edelweiss blend and it got the gold in it's class.  Very smooth and semi-sweet.  The last was a Seyval and was probably a little too dry, but it got a silver.

Yes, I'm bragging.  Mainly because no one here knows me personally and I had to brag to someone.  Granted, this event was strictly an amateur contest, but there are some pretty good winemakers  in Nebraska.  Not sure how many entered the event, but they had quite a few bottles there when I dropped mine off

OK, I'm done bragging now
Link Posted: 5/6/2014 9:31:17 PM EDT
[#1]
congratulations...
Link Posted: 5/6/2014 9:46:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Yes, I'm bragging.  Mainly because no one here knows me personally and I had to brag to someone.
View Quote

To hell with that, you make the most illest, most rillest Seyval-Edelweiss in Nebraska, son! Everybody got to know about this!

Congratulations, for real!

ETA: Language amended. Thought this was GD.
Link Posted: 5/6/2014 9:56:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Way to go OP.
Link Posted: 5/6/2014 10:07:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

To hell with that, you make the most illest, most rillest Seyval-Edelweiss in Nebraska, son! Everybody got to know about this!

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yes, I'm bragging.  Mainly because no one here knows me personally and I had to brag to someone.

Thanks man.

I'm like any other winemaker.  I think the blend is pretty frickin' awesome.  We all have one that we know is better than everyone else's.  And trust me, once the ribbons or medals or whatever they're giving us show up in the mail, my wife will post it all over our winery's FB page.
Link Posted: 5/6/2014 10:45:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 5/6/2014 11:31:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Congrats!  (For what it's worth. I know next to nothing about wines.)
View Quote

Beer without the bubbles and slightly more chemistry.
Link Posted: 5/7/2014 12:50:22 AM EDT
[#7]
Congrats!
You have to start somewhere!

Now go stomp some more grapes!!

The real challange....repeating the batch
Link Posted: 5/7/2014 12:54:00 AM EDT
[#8]
Congrats!
Link Posted: 5/7/2014 1:18:30 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Congrats!
You have to start somewhere!

Now go stomp some more grapes!!

The real challange....repeating the batch
View Quote

I kept a pretty good log on everything we did this year.  It'll never be the same, but if I can keep it as good, I'll be thrilled.
Link Posted: 5/7/2014 1:29:45 PM EDT
[#10]
How many acres do you have producing?
Link Posted: 5/7/2014 1:47:57 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

We have 4 acres planted but none of ours are producing yet. We're adding another acre this year.  About 300 vines will start producing this year.  We have a contract with a couple vineyards that are going to provide enough fruit to produce about 2000 gallons this year.
Link Posted: 5/27/2014 2:39:12 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

We have 4 acres planted but none of ours are producing yet. We're adding another acre this year.  About 300 vines will start producing this year.  We have a contract with a couple vineyards that are going to provide enough fruit to produce about 2000 gallons this year.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

How are you extracting the juice from those grapes? Grinding them in an industrial blender then filtering?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top