BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/15/2014 10:16:40 PM EDT
lots of really good ideas and info here:

makes me want to get a plastic conical
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 1:50:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Not yet. But thats what I want to build when I get time to.
A couple of those in the basement would be awesome.
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 4:40:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Yeah, I've got a fermenator that I really love but it *was* pricey. Still, I'd do it again but upgrade to the 20GAL.
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 6:56:04 PM EDT
[#3]
i have a bunch [10] of 12 gal stainless vessels i got from a defunct medical equipment that were used for liquid O2  that i'm planning on using for fermenters, but i think a conical would make an ideal primary. the trub/ yeast catcher ideas were what caught my eye. i think i can get into a 15 gal for under $100 for everything. i'm a welder/fabricator of sorts and can build/machine a bunch of the parts.
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 12:44:58 AM EDT
[#4]
I have almost 30 of them.
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 9:10:29 AM EDT
[#5]
I bet!
And some large bad boys as well. How big is the brewhouse your at again?
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 9:25:30 AM EDT
[#6]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I have almost 30 of them.
View Quote

Well share them with us then.

Actually, don't. It would take all of us brewing on our homebrew equipment probably a month straight just to fill one.
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 6:21:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Yeah, I've got a fermenator that I really love but it *was* pricey. Still, I'd do it again but upgrade to the 20GAL.
View Quote

I too am in possession of the Fermenator and it to was pricey. However, I'm pretty pleased with the 7 gallon size.
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 10:57:57 PM EDT
[#8]
Smallest fv is 70bbl.

Knock out volume is around 150bbl.
Link Posted: 5/22/2014 11:59:10 AM EDT
[#9]
Yes, I have a 27g fermenator.  Blichmann is a fellow Purdue grad, so I tried to support him as much as possible.  I have supported him to the tune of several thousand.
Link Posted: 5/24/2014 12:43:22 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Yes, I have a 27g fermenator.  Blichmann is a fellow Purdue grad, so I tried to support him as much as possible.  I have supported him to the tune of several thousand.
View Quote

He makes good stuff, his brew stand is top notch. Next step is a RIMS setup for me but I'm in no hurry, I would like to look at some automation.

The only ding about his Conicals are that they're heavy and the caster wheel options kind of suck. I wish someone would make an affordable glycol based conical for lagering as I still use buckets for that due to needing a fridge. I have no experience with the plastic Conicals but have heard very good feedback from those that have plus they're a heck of a lot cheaper.
Link Posted: 5/24/2014 12:53:14 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

He makes good stuff, his brew stand is top notch. Next step is a RIMS setup for me but I'm in no hurry, I would like to look at some automation.

The only ding about his Conicals are that they're heavy and the caster wheel options kind of suck. I wish someone would make an affordable glycol based conical for lagering as I still use buckets for that due to needing a fridge. I have no experience with the plastic Conicals but have heard very good feedback from those that have plus they're a heck of a lot cheaper.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

DIY glycol cooled plastic conical?
Link Posted: 5/24/2014 4:29:42 PM EDT
[#13]
I believe the 27 will fit in a full size fridge without the casters or legs.  We are lagering in carboys in a modded deep freeze.
Link Posted: 5/25/2014 9:05:45 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I believe the 27 will fit in a full size fridge without the casters or legs.  We are lagering in carboys in a modded deep freeze.
View Quote

I have the 14 gal and it will not fit in my fridge then there is that whole moving heavy vessel filled with beer. For me, buckets are just easier at this point.
Link Posted: 8/11/2014 2:56:37 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Smallest fv is 70bbl.

Knock out volume is around 150bbl.
View Quote

Where do you brew?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top