Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/1/2014 2:31:26 PM EDT
I just kegged a llight lager.  I started off force carbing it.  I ran the pressure on the low side of the regulator up to 30psi.  It was working great, I could hear the CO2 bubbling into the keg when I was shaking it.

Here's where the problem starts.  

I didn't have a whole lot of CO2 gas left in my tank.  I noticed as I was doing this the pressure on the high side dropping.  Anyway, I kept at it.  Then I noticed the pressure on the low side of the regulator dropping.  When I finally ran out of gas, I had between 5 and 6 psi, in the keg.  It's not possible for me to get any CO2 till this weekend.  Do you think it will hurt it to let it sit this way.  I really doesn't taste like it's carbed enough.  I'm out of beer, and was really hoping to drink some of it this week.

I do have a tank of gas at work I could use to finish carbing up this keg.  I wanted so see if anyone thinks this will work.  The tank has plenty of volume, and pressure, since we don't use it very often.  We use it to calibrate detection equipment.  

The tank is non-oderized natural gas.  It should dissolve into the beer just fine.  I know I won't be able to smoke cigars and drink this beer at the same time, but I'm really wanting to try out this beer.  

Comments??

Suggestions??

Link Posted: 4/1/2014 3:54:08 PM EDT
[#1]
let it sit chilled until you get more gas. You'll be fine
Link Posted: 4/1/2014 4:45:01 PM EDT
[#2]
I went ahead and hooked up the "company gas" to it.  I'm up to 11psi on the keg now.  Will taste it later.
Link Posted: 4/1/2014 8:52:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I just kegged a llight lager.  I started off force carbing it.  I ran the pressure on the low side of the regulator up to 30psi.  It was working great, I could hear the CO2 bubbling into the keg when I was shaking it.

I didn't have a whole lot of CO2 gas left in my tank.  I noticed as I was doing this the pressure on the high side dropping.  Anyway, I kept at it.  Then I noticed the pressure on the low side of the regulator dropping.  When I finally ran out of gas, I had between 5 and 6 psi, in the keg.  It's not possible for me to get any CO2 till this weekend.  Do you think it will hurt it to let it sit this way.  I really doesn't taste like it's carbed enough.  I'm out of beer, and was really hoping to drink some of it this week.

I do have a tank of gas at work I could use to finish carbing up this keg.  I wanted so see if anyone thinks this will work.  The tank has plenty of volume, and pressure, since we don't use it very often.  We use it to calibrate detection equipment.  

The tank is non-oderized natural gas.  It should dissolve into the beer just fine.  I know I won't be able to smoke cigars and drink this beer at the same time, but I'm really wanting to try out this beer.  

Comments??

Suggestions??
View Quote

I dont know a whole lot about kegging beer as im just getting into it myself.

But this seems like a bad idea
Link Posted: 4/2/2014 6:46:02 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Comments??

Suggestions??

You all did see the date he posted this, right?

Link Posted: 4/2/2014 12:20:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Comments??

Suggestions??

Let's hope that's all that this is.
Link Posted: 4/2/2014 10:18:13 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Comments??

Suggestions??

I hope thats all it is.
If not, dibs on his guns and brew gear
Link Posted: 4/3/2014 9:34:03 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I hope thats all it is.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Comments??

Suggestions??

I hope thats all it is.

Claimed. Sorry, their are new rules.
Link Posted: 4/3/2014 10:02:26 AM EDT
[#8]
Tough crowd here.
Link Posted: 4/3/2014 11:56:43 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Tough crowd here.
View Quote

It was a good one. You are supposed to say "Hahaha, April Fools. Got you Fuckers!!"

Otherwise you have things like that thread where one of the members said "Goodbye Arfcom" instead of "Goodnight" and they actually sent a few members over to make sure the dude didnt off himself.

It was like a 15 page thing. He came back on the next morning apologizing for making everyone worry.

With you we knew we had a bit of time before we heard about a NGB (natural gas beer) splosion.

Could you imagine posting basically the same thing in the Vape Den (tobacco vaporizer peoples)? "Yea, this new vapo3000 isnt working. Gonna hook up a propane tank to it to make it go. See ya in a bit"... and then no one hears from you for 3 days...

ETA: I did "Claim" all your stuff. It remains claimed. Fork it over.
Link Posted: 4/3/2014 12:46:02 PM EDT
[#10]
Do you want the reloading stuff too?

ETA:  How about the new laundry sink I bought for the brewery?  It's not hooked up yet.
Link Posted: 4/3/2014 2:47:08 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

ETA:  How about the new laundry sink I bought for the brewery?  It's not hooked up yet.
View Quote

All of it is claimed dammit.

I think you really did have some people scratching their head wondering if you tried to carb with natural gas.
Link Posted: 4/3/2014 4:15:51 PM EDT
[#12]
If I was really going to sub a gas, I would probably use something like the 75/25 weld gas we use at work.  I don't think the 25% argon would hurt you all that bad.

With natural gas, you'd have to be careful where you fart. Otherwise, you might end up looking like a Saturn 5 rocket taking off.

Link Posted: 4/4/2014 10:17:22 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
If I was really going to sub a gas, I would probably use something like the 75/25 weld gas we use at work.  I don't think the 25% argon would hurt you all that bad.

With natural gas, you'd have to be careful where you fart. Otherwise, you might end up looking like a Saturn 5 rocket taking off.

View Quote

It would be hilarious (depending on injury level) to bystanders though
Link Posted: 4/4/2014 5:28:04 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

ETA:  How about the new laundry sink I bought for the brewery? It's not hooked up yet.
View Quote

That will just make it easier to ship to me
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top