Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/4/2014 7:45:16 PM EDT
Who uses one of these?  I'm really interested in getting a couple of these
Link Posted: 1/5/2014 12:43:45 AM EDT
[#1]
They're a regular carboy with a large opening.  Makes cleaning a breeze.  I will be purchasing a couple soon.  I'm a little surprised this is a new thing.
Link Posted: 1/6/2014 1:28:37 PM EDT
[#2]
I do want. I have been trying to figure out how to get the ring out of a better bottle that was left by a Belgian Strong that batch aged in there from April 6th till last weekend. May have to pitch that better bottle.

Even PBW wouldnt get it out.
Link Posted: 1/6/2014 1:33:18 PM EDT
[#3]
When I first saw them, my jaw dropped open. "How come nobody thought of that before?!"
Link Posted: 1/8/2014 1:16:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I do want. I have been trying to figure out how to get the ring out of a better bottle that was left by a Belgian Strong that batch aged in there from April 6th till last weekend. May have to pitch that better bottle.

View Quote

clean it with this

twirly thing
Link Posted: 1/9/2014 11:38:09 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
When I first saw them, my jaw dropped open. "How come nobody thought of that before?!"
View Quote

Really. So simple. They look good enough to pick one up myself.
Link Posted: 1/10/2014 9:14:13 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

clean it with this

twirly thing
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

clean it with this

twirly thing

Oooooh, twirly thing. add to cart. proceed to check out........ profit!

Thank you!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 1/10/2014 9:33:00 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 1/10/2014 9:28:09 PM EDT
[#8]
they'd be perfect for adding/removing fruit.  I think I might pick one up for mead/cider making.  
Link Posted: 2/14/2014 10:19:28 AM EDT
[#9]
Put my first brew in mine last week. It is great!!!!

It was great after I cooled the wort, I just dumped it in the carboy from the brew pot! Which aerated the hell out of it, which is good.  

Juniper rye ale. Started bubbling away quickly(safale04) and now that is has stopped bubbling, I see the crap on the side of the glass and smile. That will be so easy to clean.
Link Posted: 2/14/2014 11:26:50 AM EDT
[#10]
This is on my short list of things to own SOON!  I've been using food grade plastic for a while now and these just look too damn handy to not have.  The cleaning factor (and weight) is the main thing that kept me away from the glass carboys in the past
Link Posted: 2/15/2014 5:59:11 AM EDT
[#11]
I'm going to order a couple soon as well.  I've been fermenting in buckets for simplicity, but I hate the lids.
I am meticulous about cleaning/sanitizing, but I never feel completely kosher about the bucket lid being clean.

Quoted:

View Quote

Do you use hot water?  I use heated water in the 130-150 degree range and haven't found anything that just a soak won't take off.

Link Posted: 2/20/2014 10:27:46 PM EDT
[#12]
I have one...absolutely love it

ETA: Will be ordering a second very soon
Link Posted: 2/21/2014 11:37:44 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I'm going to order a couple soon as well.  I've been fermenting in buckets for simplicity, but I hate the lids.
I am meticulous about cleaning/sanitizing, but I never feel completely kosher about the bucket lid being clean.

Do you use hot water?  I use heated water in the 130-150 degree range and haven't found anything that just a soak won't take off.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Oh Yea, Used hot water w/ PBW but it was a belgian that had sat for 8+ months. I did eventually get the ring gone but wasnt as easy as soaking.
Link Posted: 2/21/2014 10:47:45 PM EDT
[#14]
Ive been eying these myself for fermenting veggies maybe. My brew buddy and I already have 7 15 gals, 12 5-6 gals and 25 1 gallon carboys so I cant justify buying this for booze
Link Posted: 2/25/2014 1:54:43 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Oh Yea, Used hot water w/ PBW but it was a belgian that had sat for 8+ months. I did eventually get the ring gone but wasnt as easy as soaking.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

CLR will make short work of the ring. I've only used it on glass carboys though. I washed the hell out of it afterward, too.
Link Posted: 2/25/2014 7:34:45 PM EDT
[#16]
Juniper rye finished primary and I moved it to my regular 5 gal glass carboy. Then I cleaned my big mouth....... Then I ordered a 6.5gallon big mouth. Then I occurred my 6 gal plastic carboy to my friend.

I wish they made a 3 gallon one. I like doing 3 gallon batches. Not that I can't use the 5 gal bmb for that. But if love a 3 galling bmb.
Link Posted: 2/28/2014 2:19:23 PM EDT
[#17]
Twirly thing works well to clean the ones I have. I want the big mouth for dry hopping in secondary.
Link Posted: 3/5/2014 9:47:30 AM EDT
[#18]
I would love one, but I am not going to pay $40 + for one
Link Posted: 3/5/2014 10:48:20 AM EDT
[#19]
I just got my 6.5 gallon delivered by UPS. I like how the 6.5 gallon is not much taller. Mostly fatter.

So now my vessels are:
5 gal BMB
6.5 gal BMB
5 gal glass carboy
3 gal glass carboy
6 gal plastic carboy
several 1 gal glass carboys

That should set me for a while.
Link Posted: 4/8/2014 7:40:47 AM EDT
[#20]
Can't believe I didn't see this thread, and made my own thread.

This thread isn't helping me resist the urge to buy one. I had almost talked myself out of buying one.
I just like the idea of glass so much more than a bucket.

Partly because of sanitation, partly because I just want to see my beer fermenting when I open the cooler to look at it.

Link Posted: 4/8/2014 8:01:26 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Can't believe I didn't see this thread, and made my own thread.

This thread isn't helping me resist the urge to buy one. I had almost talked myself out of buying one.

I just like the idea of glass so much more than a bucket.  

Partly because of sanitation, partly because I just want to see my beer fermenting when I open the cooler to look at it.
View Quote

Let me help you......

Link Posted: 4/8/2014 8:10:13 AM EDT
[#22]
I've got a 6.5 gallon. Brewed with it for the first time last weekend. So far, I have been impressed. The only caveat I have is, is that it is so big in diameter, a brew hauler will not fit it, making it a little cumbersome to move around.
Link Posted: 4/8/2014 11:50:39 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

I've got a 6.5 gallon. Brewed with it for the first time last weekend. So far, I have been impressed. The only caveat I have is, is that it is so big in diameter, a brew hauler will not fit it, making it a little cumbersome to move around.
View Quote
Can you measure the diameter or circumference of it?

I think I have a crate it will fit in.

Link Posted: 4/8/2014 12:14:11 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

there are also haulers designed for it
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 3:57:41 PM EDT
[#25]
The plastic ones are awesome. The punted bottom holds the auto siphon perfectly.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top