Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 21
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 7/16/2016 10:00:30 PM EDT
[#1]
I've got a coffee stout in secondary, along with a peach wheat ale. In primary I've got an IPA and just locked away a belgian tripel this afternoon.
Link Posted: 7/17/2016 2:12:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Brewed up a Dark Rye IPA yesterday.  I forgot to put an airlock on my plastic fermentor and damn near blew the lid off!  Everything had definitely expanded.

Link Posted: 7/25/2016 1:49:12 PM EDT
[#3]
I've got nothing cooking right now.
I should do something about that.
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 4:19:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Anyone have a good recipe for a sparking cider, on the sweet side?  I have had several requests to have it on tap for the fall.

I keg and force carbonate, so I can use campden tablets to stop fermentation.
Link Posted: 7/31/2016 2:59:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Belgian witbier, brewed yesterday.
Link Posted: 7/31/2016 3:17:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Belgian witbier, brewed yesterday.
Link Posted: 8/2/2016 11:10:31 AM EDT
[#7]
Brewed an APA clone from Kona Brewing that was pointed out to me by another member here.  First batch I have actually hit my OG on.  I've been having issues but hopefully this is sorted out now.
Link Posted: 8/2/2016 4:01:48 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I really want to make a gallon of JAOM but I don't have a 1 gallon fermenter... need several of them.... hmm what to do?
View Quote

Do what I did and get these---> 1 gallon glass jugs

I have 4 single gallon jugs of JAOM going + a 5 gallon batch in a large glass carboy.  I drink it after 2 years so I have a decent rotation going, it is super smooth. .

Edit - Don't forget a bunch of drilled stoppers and cheap airlocks too!
Link Posted: 8/2/2016 5:48:01 PM EDT
[#9]
We have 5 gallons of JAOM in primary, should be dropping in about a month.

We also have 3 gallons of a cinnamon-vanilla cider in secondary, which should be ready to bottle around Halloween.

In other greatness, I'm about to be able to drink the cherry melomel that we bottled in January. I'm pretty excited, because everyone who has tried it has said that it's fabulous.
Link Posted: 8/4/2016 11:06:35 PM EDT
[#10]
do you have a way to physically remove the yeast? ie a filter of some sort?

Quoted:
Anyone have a good recipe for a sparking cider, on the sweet side?  I have had several requests to have it on tap for the fall.

View Quote

Link Posted: 8/5/2016 12:19:50 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Nope, no filter.  I don't usually do sweet alcohols.
Link Posted: 8/6/2016 5:02:47 PM EDT
[#12]
You could always ferment to dryness, chill/rack/repeat as necessary, then back sweeten to your liking
Link Posted: 8/6/2016 5:54:51 PM EDT
[#13]
I just kegged an American wheat.  I have a simple cider that is ready for kegging.  First I need to rack it over some potassium metabisulfite and potassium sorbate.  Then I'll backsweeten it with some apple juce concentrate.
Link Posted: 8/17/2016 1:37:29 PM EDT
[#14]
I have a dunkelweisen (sp) that I think didn't work in one bucket. About to start a spiced cider and a blackberry mead.
Link Posted: 8/17/2016 5:51:46 PM EDT
[#15]
I put 5 gallons of an Oktoberfest in the primary yesterday afternoon.  I woke up to very strong fermentation.  It was a partial mash kit from True Brew.  I added 1/2 pound of honey and 1/2 pound of dark brown sugar to the carboy.  It smells yummy.
Page / 21
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top