Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/28/2015 8:45:05 AM EDT
I just got an e mail with a link to a company selling something called a Tesla power innovator. Their claim is it can reduce your electrical bill up 82%.
I know the old saying "If it sounds to good to be true it probably is not"
The price is $49.00 with a 100% sixty day money back guarantee.
When I try to do a search, it seems all of the results have a link to the company selling the product.(I went thru 11 pages of results) also their introductions are almost identical.
There are a few U Tube videos showing it in operation but no real description of construction.
It seems that if this were true there would more info on it.
Has any one ever heard of this?
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 9:42:58 AM EDT
[#1]
I don't see why it wouldn't work.  

Go for it!
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 9:50:26 AM EDT
[#2]
While you're at it, get an air straightener and a fuel ionizer for your car.
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 12:12:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Is it a magnet you're supposed to stick on your meter?
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 1:32:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Why does it not surprise  me that I get the AR15 Com ass hole answer
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 1:48:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Why does it not surprise  me that I get the AR15 Com ass hole answer
View Quote

What were you expecting when you ask about free energy quackery in the Math and Science forum?
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 2:08:20 PM EDT
[#6]
That was my main reason for asking about it here. In my original post I thought I made it clear I believed it to be a fraud. I saw some videos of the process but they could be fake as well. I am as cynical as one could be (years in LE)
If you read about Tesla there are some questions that come up up that have not been answered.
Was he a total idiot, and are all of his patents fake?
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 2:47:00 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
That was my main reason for asking about it here. In my original post I thought I made it clear I believed it to be a fraud. I saw some videos of the process but they could be fake as well. I am as cynical as one could be (years in LE)
If you read about Tesla there are some questions that come up up that have not been answered.
View Quote

Tesla was a brilliant man whose insight and theoretical prowess gave us many of the modern conveniences we enjoy today.

However, he rather quickly ran off the rails, spending tons of money and effort on poorly conceived and analyzed projects like wireless power transmission, (crappy) mechanical power generators, UHF electrical phenomenon, etc.  In his later life, he was flat-broke and in a desperate attempt to secure .gov funding, started in on the really crazy shit.  This was the death-ray/cracking the earth in two/free energy type of crap he later became famous for amongst tinfoilers.  The irony is that for somebody who (rightly) criticized Edison heavily for his lack of theoretical acumen, Tesla's later work is theoretically unsubstantiated, sloppy, and fails even a back-of-a-napkin analysis.

At the end of the day, many of the projects Tesla did after AC power and the AC induction motor are crap.  Even his later projects that "worked", like bladeless turbines/compressors, are so inefficient compared to contemporary designs (let alone modern ones) that they were never going to be commercially viable.

What I'm getting at here is that Tesla was NOT an idiot, but that every project he developed that actually worked is already being used.  All of his "secret" projects aren't used because they just don't work.
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 3:03:40 PM EDT
[#8]
Thank you for your reply. It answers my questions.
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 3:35:42 PM EDT
[#9]
All that being said, bladeless "Tesla" turbines are fun and easy to build, and will spin up to WELL over 10k rpm off of 90 psi shop air .

Link Posted: 7/7/2015 10:32:25 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Tesla was a brilliant man whose insight and theoretical prowess gave us many of the modern conveniences we enjoy today.

However, he rather quickly ran off the rails, spending tons of money and effort on poorly conceived and analyzed projects like wireless power transmission, (crappy) mechanical power generators, UHF electrical phenomenon, etc.  In his later life, he was flat-broke and in a desperate attempt to secure .gov funding, started in on the really crazy shit.  This was the death-ray/cracking the earth in two/free energy type of crap he later became famous for amongst tinfoilers.  The irony is that for somebody who (rightly) criticized Edison heavily for his lack of theoretical acumen, Tesla's later work is theoretically unsubstantiated, sloppy, and fails even a back-of-a-napkin analysis.

At the end of the day, many of the projects Tesla did after AC power and the AC induction motor are crap.  Even his later projects that "worked", like bladeless turbines/compressors, are so inefficient compared to contemporary designs (let alone modern ones) that they were never going to be commercially viable.

What I'm getting at here is that Tesla was NOT an idiot, but that every project he developed that actually worked is already being used.  All of his "secret" projects aren't used because they just don't work.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

This is actually the most succinct and astute observation of Mr. Tesla I have seen.  A GREAT, GREAT man....and, in the end, completely and sadly....quackers.

Link Posted: 7/8/2015 12:54:06 PM EDT
[#11]
Most likely a couple capacitors to adjust power factor.
This one appears to be a coil, same idea.

Residential power is NOT metered by power factor, so it does nothing.
Amps are NOT power.
Link Posted: 7/12/2015 11:57:26 PM EDT
[#12]
This whole thing is a scam, including the original post.  The original post intended to get everyone to go Google search for this fraudulent device.
Link Posted: 7/15/2015 5:04:30 PM EDT
[#13]
What rock did you come out from under. Eight months later and all you have is a lame comment.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top