Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/26/2014 11:48:50 PM EDT
Looking at doing an invention and the part I am currently stuck at is the circuit board.  Knowing little to nothing about circuit boards I was wondering if someone could help me out. I am looking for guidance on the following things.

-Small circuit board (2x2 inches)
-GSM capable (need to send a small packet of data to a tower then to a server)
-GPS Capable
-Power source
-Needs an input and out put to program a chip to do what I need
-Also someway to record voice for about 30 seconds would be nice.  

Basically this device will be part of some equipment that is worn.  When something is removed from it then it needs to send an alert to my server where it will notify my software.  It needs to be able to sense when the item is removed and instantly update to my server.  Needs long battery life

If anyone has some advice or where to look please let me know.

PMs would be greatly appreciated.
Link Posted: 2/26/2014 11:54:34 PM EDT
[#1]
What do you mean circuit boards? Are you saying you have the idea of how it's supposed to work and don't know how to design it or don't know how to actually layout a board?

It's hobby level stuff but the Arduino offers all of that, GPRS, recorder, power, built in bootloader, etc...What does it do basically?

Are you planning on using modular off the shelf parts like the Arduino shields or integrating it all into one board? Eagle CAD offers a free version of their software that would allow you to design a small product like that. I've used it to produce boards in numbers by Chinese board houses.
Link Posted: 2/26/2014 11:56:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What do you mean circuit boards? Are you saying you have the idea of how it's supposed to work and don't know how to design it or don't know how to actually layout a board?

It's hobby level stuff but the Arduino offers all of that, GPRS, recorder, power, built in bootloader, etc...What does it do basically?

Are you planning on using modular off the shelf parts like the Arduino shields or integrating it all into one board? Eagle CAD offers a free version of their software that would allow you to design a small product like that. I've used it to produce boards in numbers by Chinese board houses.
View Quote

IM sent.
Link Posted: 2/27/2014 1:40:22 AM EDT
[#3]
Ditto on using an Arduino for development/prototyping.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top