Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/19/2013 6:57:40 PM EDT
Anyone notice a meteor around 8:10 MST?  Came out of the southwest, good size, very bright, blue green with slight yellow streak.  I saw it at 12 oclock high and it faded/broke up at about 2 oclock.  I'm in  west Texas and wondering where else it was seen.

I found a site that lists fireballs, nothing close to what I saw but you can enter what you saw and they will analyze it.  Pretty neat!  I used to be into astronomy in my younger days and this was one of those moments you wish you had a camera ready.
Link Posted: 10/22/2013 3:36:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Anyone notice a meteor around 8:10 MST?  Came out of the southwest, good size, very bright, blue green with slight yellow streak.  I saw it at 12 oclock high and it faded/broke up at about 2 oclock.  I'm in  west Texas and wondering where else it was seen.

I found a site that lists fireballs, nothing close to what I saw but you can enter what you saw and they will analyze it.  Pretty neat!  I used to be into astronomy in my younger days and this was one of those moments you wish you had a camera ready.
View Quote

Well there was this:

http://www.space.com/23295-bright-fireball-streaks-over-new-mexico-video.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+spaceheadlines+%28SPACE.com+Headline+Feed%29
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top