Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/3/2013 1:19:41 PM EDT
So right now I have a 89 in my math class and will probably fail my final but still pass the class. I can do enough math to figure that one out! But I signed up for a statistics in social sciences next. If I struggled with this MA106 class with this next class destroy my mind or is it different concepts? I looked through the textbook and I like how it explains things much better than my stupid Algebra book.

Thoughts?
Basically if its going to be significantly harder and way more complex than I am just going to take one class instead of two.
Link Posted: 3/3/2013 1:49:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
So right now I have a 89 in my math class and will probably fail my final but still pass the class. I can do enough math to figure that one out! But I signed up for a statistics in social sciences next. If I struggled with this MA106 class with this next class destroy my mind or is it different concepts? I looked through the textbook and I like how it explains things much better than my stupid Algebra book.

Thoughts?
Basically if its going to be significantly harder and way more complex than I am just going to take one class instead of two.

Baby Statistics isn't bad, just don't go beyond that.

Link Posted: 3/3/2013 2:22:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Stats is not bad, the math is more like arithmetic than hard core mathematics.  Remember college is the best years of your life, it goes down hill after that. All the hot chicks are married and there's that job that cuts into your drinking time. Oh, and lots of bills to pay.
Link Posted: 3/3/2013 2:24:56 PM EDT
[#3]
I had that too. Go for tech school or higher. Social sciences gets you no job.
Maybe engineering.
Link Posted: 3/3/2013 2:32:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Stats is not bad, the math is more like arithmetic than hard core mathematics. Remember college is the best years of your life, it goes down hill after that. All the hot chicks are married and there's that job that cuts into your drinking time. Oh, and lots of bills to pay.

9 years usmc, 4 deployments, 1 son, 1 divorce, many hot chicks, still working on degree though. BS isnt any BS

Thanks for the encouragement. Full-time it is! But my sleep may suffer, got to keep hunting them talibs and such
Link Posted: 3/3/2013 2:32:38 PM EDT
[#5]
I took stats all by itself.  Got a 98.  Was pretty straight forward.  If I hadn't been on vacation halfway across the world while I was taking it, I would have been able to take other classes with it.

Link Posted: 3/3/2013 2:34:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I had that too. Go for tech school or higher. Social sciences gets you no job.
Maybe engineering.

I've got the job just need a B.S. to keep moving up. I'm a civilian now, thanks to my military time it gave me the "tools" to do my job now, and clearance I just have to stay focused on career development while finishing degree. Cant stop the hustler, I will make my American Dream!
Link Posted: 3/3/2013 3:01:41 PM EDT
[#7]
I actually enjoyed my Probs & Stats class far more than Algebra.  To me Algebra, Trig, & Calc are just understanding the rules and then mechanically doing the work.  Probs & Stats actually gave me some real world analytical skills at the time.  I actually use the other types of math at times.  I just didn't know I would back then.
Link Posted: 3/5/2013 7:13:14 AM EDT
[#8]
My wife isn't very good at math, but in college she had to take a Financial Statistics class (or something of the sort).  She said that the class was essentially comprised of the teacher telling the students what buttons to hit on the calculator for a given type of problem.  She did well in the class without learning a damn thing.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top