Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/11/2017 7:23:57 PM EDT
Occasionally I like a sauce on my meats but i have a hard time finding good recipes.  My current favorite is Ree Drummond's whiskey cream sauce, it's awesome, but what else is out there?  Ideally I'd learn to make a couple spicy asian  sauces for fish/meat.

Show me your sauce!

Link - http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/ree-drummond/whiskey-cream-sauce-recipe-2119079
Link Posted: 6/11/2017 9:52:41 PM EDT
[#1]
I like the sauce she makes for the Marlboro Man sandwiches.

Butter, Lawry's Seasoned Salt, and Worchestershire sauce.
Link Posted: 6/13/2017 7:19:52 AM EDT
[#2]
shesimmers.com has good Thai sauces that can be used on a number of things.

Comeback sauce, despite its terrible name, is great on fried seafood, or anything that you'd use cocktail or tartar sauce on. Add horseradish to any recipes that don't have horseradish mustard in them. Its perfect for fried seafood poboys.
Link Posted: 6/13/2017 9:03:01 AM EDT
[#3]
Butter make everything taste better

Cut a stick of butter up and soften at room temp

Put a teaspoon of sugar, table spoon of fine diced shallots in a sauce pan and lightly caramelize

add a 1/2 cup of port and a 1/2 cup of sherry wine away from heat and then reduce to almost to a syrup. Careful booze=fire

pull of heat let cool for 30 to 60 second and slowly add butter a little at a time. Keep stirring briskly so the butter doesn't separate. keep warm until use but to much heat and it will separate.

You can use whatever for you flavors: wine or juice, onions or roasted peppers, raspberries or apricots

Simple compound butters are great on meats/fish also

Soften a stick of butter
Whip in a bowl, mixer or by hand, until it gets white, light and fluffy
Put a big dollop on your meat

Add whatever turns you on;
Like for a beef, fresh cracked pepper and crumbled blue cheese
Pork, chopped cranberries and brown mustard
Fish, pineapple and scallions
Link Posted: 6/13/2017 7:17:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Food Wishes Recipes - Chimichurri Sauce Recipe - How to Make Chimichurri

Gremolata - Italian Parsley Garlic Lemon Sauce

Mongolian Pork Chops - Video 700! Asian Marinade Pork Chop with Hot Mustard Sauce

Bordelaise Sauce Recipe - How to Make Bordelaise Sauce

Béarnaise Sauce Recipe - How to Make the Best Béarnaise

Grilled Hoisin Beef Recipe - Grilled Beef Skirt Steak with Hoisin Glaze

Peanut Dipping Sauce Recipe - How to Make Peanut Sauce

I like the guy's channel
Link Posted: 6/14/2017 9:14:54 AM EDT
[#5]
Awesome, thanks guys!
Link Posted: 6/19/2017 1:28:31 AM EDT
[#6]
the food wishes basic acid/butter emulsion has become my go-to quick sauce recently.  it's ridiculously simple, and adaptable to anything--from euro-style lemon juice or red wine vinegar to asian profiles with sake or black vinegar.

Salt-Roasted Chicken Recipe - Roast Chicken with Thyme Butter Sauce
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 7:52:23 PM EDT
[#7]
Bearnaise on steak.
Link Posted: 7/30/2017 6:26:11 PM EDT
[#8]
Made the Asian Zing sauce this weekend for chicken wings.  It's dead on in taste to BWW (nobody in GD goes there anyway).  I did go sugar free with mine.  The taste doesn't suffer for it.  Mix 1/8 cup water with 1/2 cup Splenda and substitute that for corn syrup.  The Huy Fong (chili-garlic sauce) sauce controls the heat so if you want it hotter you add more than 1/4 cup.

Link to multiple sauces
Link Posted: 7/30/2017 8:23:26 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Made the Asian Zing sauce this weekend for chicken wings.  It's dead on in taste to BWW (nobody in GD goes there anyway).  I did go sugar free with mine.  The taste doesn't suffer for it.  Mix 1/8 cup water with 1/2 cup Splenda and substitute that for corn syrup.  The Huy Fong (chili-garlic sauce) sauce controls the heat so if you want it hotter you add more than 1/4 cup.

Link to multiple sauces
View Quote
I love BWW.  Thanks!
Link Posted: 7/31/2017 8:53:57 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I love BWW.  Thanks!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link to multiple sauces
I love BWW.  Thanks!
We must be the only two here who will admit they like the food or at least the sauces.

True enough, I don't go in there but maybe once a year for sauce pickups (Jerk is one of the harder recipes) because I hate they are anti gun.

I want to try making the garlic Parmesan next.
Link Posted: 8/3/2017 2:57:53 PM EDT
[#11]
Whiskey Peppercorn Cream Sauce:

Combine 2/3 cup Beef Broth and 1/2 tsp cracked black pepper in a small sauce pan and simmer until reduced to slightly less than 1/2 cup. 

Now add half an ounce whiskey and and half a cup of heavy cream stir well and continue simmering until this is reduced to 1/2 cup.

Ina skillet, add 1/2 TBS Olive oil, 1/2 clove minced garlic, 1/2 tsp minced Shallot and saute for 1 minute. Now add 1/2 cup sliced mushrooms and saute until tender.

Let the skillet cool just a bit then add the Peppercorn sauce, mushroom mixture, 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard, and another 1/2 ounce Whiskey and reduce until thickened. 

Enjoy over a beef tenderloin:
Link Posted: 8/3/2017 3:03:45 PM EDT
[#12]
For your Asian needs google hoisin recipes. It's a fantastic base that can be sweet, salty, hot, whatever you want. And rice noodles soak it up fantastically.

This one was sesame oil, soy sauce , hoisin, garlic, habanero, honey, and rice vinegar.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/3/2017 11:34:42 PM EDT
[#13]
Why am I always the threadkiller lol. Someone else post.
Link Posted: 8/3/2017 11:59:27 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote
This is the cooking forum - it (as well as most others) moves about as fast as molasses in winter compared to GD.... 
Link Posted: 8/4/2017 8:43:44 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

This is basically my cheap/easy/good enough "recipe" for massamun curry, but if you let it reduce, I imagine it would make a great sauce for most meats. Not too much though, will become too rich.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/4/2017 8:56:16 AM EDT
[#16]
I do a butter and soy and balsamic vinegar sauce that goes over sauteed asparagus.  

Recipe
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top