Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/22/2017 5:03:34 PM EDT
My wife really likes white cheese sauce.  She likes it so much she bought a #10 can of it at GFS Marketplace last week.

Now I know there is no way we will eat all of it before it goes bad and molds.

Can it be packaged in smaller portions and put in the freezer for later use?  Will it have the same texture as it does now after thawing?

Thanks guys.
Link Posted: 4/22/2017 5:05:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Pics
Link Posted: 4/22/2017 5:13:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Yes, but it's recommended storage life is only six months.
Link Posted: 4/22/2017 5:17:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 4/22/2017 5:30:33 PM EDT
[#4]
I got a #10 can of nacho cheese, portioned it out, and froze it.
I wouldn't recommend it. When thawed, it separates and gets a weird grainy texture. 
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 11:06:04 AM EDT
[#5]
LOL at molds.... I think that stuff will outlast a twinkie.
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 12:23:59 PM EDT
[#6]
OP, we do this routinely with Sams club nacho cheese sauce (we enjoy the occasional jumbo pretzel dipped in cheese sauce)

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I wouldn't recommend it. When thawed, it separates and gets a weird grainy texture.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Blender FTW... I've dealt with the weird texture, sometimes it happens, sometimes it doesn't. I think it depends on how the water in the sauce crystalized or something. Every time it's happened a quick blend/whipping was sufficient to get rid of it.

Quoted:
LOL at molds.... I think that stuff will outlast a twinkie.
Not the stuff I buy; it will mold within a week or 2 if left in the fridge. We buy a can and portion out as soon as we open if for the first time.
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 8:55:43 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks for the replies everyone.

We went ahead and froze about 3/4 of the can.  We will see how it turns out as we need it.
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 9:03:22 PM EDT
[#8]
You should have frozen it in ice cube trays. You could have used them in your drinks.
Link Posted: 4/27/2017 4:34:32 PM EDT
[#9]
Portioned into Foodsaver type bags and vac sealed it would likely abide in the fridge quite some time.
Link Posted: 5/8/2017 2:20:02 AM EDT
[#10]
Get some sodium citrate and never settle for that canned shit ever again. You can make whatever quantity you want in about 2 minutes, and if you want som more the next day, just take 2 minutes and make some more.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top