Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/29/2017 5:46:55 AM EDT
1. I have a hard time shopping consistently and

2. I love beef

That means I'll shop, have a ribeye or two and then run out of meat for the next three weeks except for frozen ground beef and chicken 

I have a few simple recipes I use. Tacos are the obvious ones. Knockoff Maid-Rite sandwiches are another. Spaghetti is a given. I make a mean bulgogi-ish... thing... as well. And I love Salisbury Steak. 

But I'd like more! Anyone have some recommendations? I also ask because a friend butchered a cow and I'm getting a bunch of ground beef from them too  
Link Posted: 1/29/2017 6:30:39 AM EDT
[#1]
My wife makes a "enchilada casarole" that's ground beef seasoned and layered with wolf chili, graded cheese and either tortilla chips or quartered corn tortillas.  It's easy and fast and makes leftovers for me to take to work.
Link Posted: 1/29/2017 8:11:28 AM EDT
[#2]
We make dog food using ground beef and white rice.....Of course my children saw it and now we make " dog food" for dinner.  Sometimes we spice it up with Spanish rice.??
Link Posted: 1/29/2017 8:35:20 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/29/2017 8:49:32 AM EDT
[#4]
1 lb burger
1 package lipton onion soup
1 small onion diced fine
1 egg
1 tbs Worchestershire sauce ( aka bug juice)
Salt / pepper

Mix all together makes a good simple patty.  We grill and serve with rice or spuds.  Usually rice.
Link Posted: 1/29/2017 9:11:54 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 1/29/2017 10:07:53 AM EDT
[#6]
Cuban piccadilo.  It's a seasoned ground beef dish that's really good and easy.  You can google for recipes.
Link Posted: 1/29/2017 11:34:44 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
1 lb burger
1 package lipton onion soup
1 small onion diced fine
1 egg
1 tbs Worchestershire sauce ( aka bug juice)
Salt / pepper

Mix all together makes a good simple patty.  We grill and serve with rice or spuds.  Usually rice.
View Quote

Add 1.5 cups of Italian style breadcrumbs to that, shape into an oval, bake at 350 till internal temp is 160. Smear ketchup on the outside before baking if you want.  Meatloaf!
Link Posted: 1/29/2017 8:43:00 PM EDT
[#8]
These are just what I'm looking for, keep em coming! 
Link Posted: 1/29/2017 11:26:47 PM EDT
[#9]
hamburgers-mix ground with seasoning of choice, form into patties, cook the patties then place on a toasted bun with additives of your choice
meatball subs-season as you would a meatloaf, but form into balls and bake until done. hollow out some bolillos and toast them. fill with meatballs, marinara/spaghetti sauce and top with mozzarella. broil/toast again until cheese is melted
chili-brown meat, then simmer in chili mix of your choice for 10-15min, portion into bowls and top with cheese
sloppy joes- brown meat, then simmer in bbq sauce cut with vinegar for 20 min, serve on toasted hamburger buns
Link Posted: 1/30/2017 1:38:40 AM EDT
[#10]
Hamburger and cream of mushroom soup.

Done.

If your feeling really wild you can put it on toast or a microwaved potato.
Link Posted: 1/30/2017 1:52:09 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Hamburger and cream of mushroom soup.

Done.

If your feeling really wild you can put it on toast or a microwaved potato.
View Quote

This actually sounds really good...
Link Posted: 1/30/2017 9:32:38 AM EDT
[#12]
I make a version that my mom used to make when I was young. We call it "Surprise Burgers"!
You will need: (You can omit anything that you don't like)
Ground beef
Yellow onion
Potatoes
Mushrooms
Butter
Salt & Pepper
Deep walled baking pan
Aluminum foil

Make a regular hamburger patty, seasoned however you prefer.
Take a sheet of aluminum foil, about 12"x12", and place on the counter.
Place a large slice of potato (or a few smaller slices) in the middle of the foil, a whole slice of onion and then your hamburger patty on top of that. Then a few sliced mushrooms, another slice of potato and another slice of onion on top of the meat. Add a small pat of butter and salt & pepper on top of the onion and wrap up the foil like a little package.
Make a few of these and place into your deep walled pan and cook in the over at 425 for about an hour or so. You want to have a pan or dish to catch any leaks of grease that may occur when the meat cooks.
The idea is when you serve everyone their own "package" they open it up and Surprise! Burgers. I know the name sounds corney, but when your 6 years old, it's funny and it just reminds me of mom.

You can make these without the foil packages (which is what I do now), just put them into a deep pan and I always want more potatoes & mushrooms, so I load them up in the pan with everything else in the pan. If you plan ahead, make a few extra and have them the next day or so. I usually eat 2 in a sitting.
Link Posted: 1/30/2017 9:34:53 AM EDT
[#13]
Another thing you can do with ground beef is make "Sloppy Joes". Cheap and easy. Just follow directions on the can.
1# ground beef
1 can of Sloppy Joe sauce
Hamburger buns
Sliced cheese if desired
Link Posted: 1/30/2017 10:01:02 AM EDT
[#14]
Shepards Pie
Link Posted: 1/30/2017 11:32:37 AM EDT
[#15]
Bisquick impossible cheeseburger pie was a once a week dish when the kids were little. Now maybe once a month.
Link Posted: 1/30/2017 2:42:22 PM EDT
[#16]
A plain Jane, easy, stick to your ribs casserole, and it is pretty tasty too.

1 lbs ground beef
1/2 cup chopped onions
1/2 bag green giant mixed vegetables
1 can cheddar cheese soup
1/2 bag hash browns
salt and pepper to taste

Brown the ground beef with the onions in a fry pan. Put into casserole dish (one with a lid). Put the mix vegetables on top, then spread the soup on top of the vegetables, and then the hash browns on the very top. Bake at 300 F for 1 -  1 1/2 hrs.
Link Posted: 1/30/2017 4:14:53 PM EDT
[#17]
Has anyone mentioned chili?

1 pound ground beef
16 oz tomato sauce
6 oz tomato paste
15 oz red beans
1 can beer
some peppers
1 can chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
a little garlic powder
cumin
chili powder

blend the peppers, chipotles, beer and adobo sauce into a puree, brown the beef, and throw everything into a small crock pot and cook on low for 8 hours.

serve with cornbread and milk.
Link Posted: 1/30/2017 5:47:13 PM EDT
[#18]
Korean Beef Bowl

Now this recipe is a twist on the traditional Korean dish, bulgogi, but it’s a cheater version using ground beef instead of thin slices of sirloin, making this a budget-friendly dish. Bulgogi is also marinated overnight to enhance its flavors and tenderness but with this ground beef version, you can have the same flavors in 15 minutes or less!
View Quote
Link Posted: 1/30/2017 9:35:17 PM EDT
[#19]
Stroganoff.

1 lb ground beef
1 can cream of mushroom soup
8 oz sour cream
Optional-diced onion and mushrooms

If using onions and/or mushrooms, saute them first. Add the ground beef and brown. Stir in soup and sour cream, allow to reheat. Serve over egg noodles or pasta of your choice. You can season the meat any way you like while its cooking, I like black pepper, garlic powder and some salt.
Link Posted: 1/30/2017 11:01:07 PM EDT
[#20]
I just ate this tonight.

Salisbury steak

1/2 pound ground beef
half a beaten egg
1/6 cup bread crumbs
splash of Worcestershire sauce
1 tablespoon water
garlic powder
salt
pepper

Mix all these together, and form into two patties. Cook over medium heat, and serve with mashed potatoes and gravy.
Link Posted: 2/1/2017 1:52:01 PM EDT
[#21]
Brown 1 b of hamburger
Add a couple of cans of chow mein vegetables.
Season liberally with soy sauce
Serve over rice or chow mein noodles.

ETA, you can thicken it up a little by putting a tablespoon of corn starch in a little water, stir it till it's a thin paste, then stir that in with the beef and veggies a couple of minutes before pulling off the stove.
Link Posted: 2/1/2017 2:00:38 PM EDT
[#22]
9x13 baking dish

mix drained browned ground beef with two tbsp of chili powder, two tbsp. of miracle whip (wont taste it), a can of corn drained, 16 oz of jarred salsa of your choice.  

Layer of meat layer of tortilla chips, layer of shredded cheese repeat one more time alternating layers.  

Bake at 375 for 20 min.  

Top as you would like with tomatoes, lettuce jalapenos, sour cream etc. etc.
Link Posted: 2/1/2017 2:31:25 PM EDT
[#23]

SuperBowl bitches!
Link Posted: 2/1/2017 3:36:46 PM EDT
[#24]

Do want!
Link Posted: 2/1/2017 7:04:03 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Do want!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

I literally have to make myself stop eating when I have it. Good stuff.
Link Posted: 2/2/2017 10:34:51 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Stroganoff.

1 lb ground beef
1 can cream of mushroom soup
8 oz sour cream
Optional-diced onion and mushrooms

If using onions and/or mushrooms, saute them first. Add the ground beef and brown. Stir in soup and sour cream, allow to reheat. Serve over egg noodles or pasta of your choice. You can season the meat any way you like while its cooking, I like black pepper, garlic powder and some salt.
View Quote

Sometimes I think I'm literally retarded. I skimmed this recipe, thought it looked good and proceeded to use cream cheese instead of sour cream. I just now realized my mistake, I was wondering why it was so thick 

On the plus side, it tasted pretty good. 

These are some solid ideas, I'm definitely going to be making more of them. I remember my sister making amazing Velveeta dip when I was young, do y'all have good recipes for it? 

ETA: Looks like it's just hamburger, cheese and rotel, but I bet it can be jazzed up. 
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 5:33:15 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Sometimes I think I'm literally retarded. I skimmed this recipe, thought it looked good and proceeded to use cream cheese instead of sour cream. I just now realized my mistake, I was wondering why it was so thick 

On the plus side, it tasted pretty good. 

These are some solid ideas, I'm definitely going to be making more of them. I remember my sister making amazing Velveeta dip when I was young, do y'all have good recipes for it? 

ETA: Looks like it's just hamburger, cheese and rotel, but I bet it can be jazzed up. 
View Quote

Lol, that probably did come out rather thick.
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 5:45:25 PM EDT
[#28]
Brown beef, remove from pan, ditch most of the grease.

Throw an assload of chopped Thai chilies in the oil and saute until everyone in the house is coughing.  No coughing? Add more peppers!

Throw in some finely chopped garlic and saute.

Dump ground beef back in.  Add ground, dried Thai chili pepper.  Add some black soy sauce and a bunch of regular soy sauce.  Throw in some fresh basil leaves (a lot).

Serve over rice.

Eta: if you want, you can add some veggies in there along the way like broccoli, cauliflower or even some cabbage.  Just cut it into bite size portions before adding.
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 5:57:01 PM EDT
[#29]

Link Posted: 2/3/2017 7:13:08 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

I literally have to make myself stop eating when I have it. Good stuff.
View Quote

I bought the velveeta and rotel today, to make on Sunday. Go Pats!
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 8:10:13 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

I bought the velveeta and rotel today, to make on Sunday. Go Pats!
View Quote

Noice.

Go Patriots.
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 8:29:07 PM EDT
[#32]
I actually love HH
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 8:53:49 PM EDT
[#33]
I love these ideas! Any more?
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 8:56:56 PM EDT
[#34]
Your own version of a Meximelt (the best Taco Bell item).

Cook ground beef and add taco seasoning, slop the seasoned meat into flour tortilla, add some rotel, add a bunch of cheese, heat that all up, add hot sauce and roll it up.
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 10:03:48 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
I love these ideas! Any more?
View Quote

This is college level poverty for most Arfcommers, but I really like it.....

+

You can even make qty.( 2) 1/4# cheeseburgers and still make this.

Link Posted: 2/3/2017 10:18:48 PM EDT
[#36]
For a cheap meal, burger and cabbage.

1 head of green cabbage, medium chop
1 onion, diced
1 lb. burger, we use 93/7 but 80/20 will work if some of the grease is drained.
Crushed garlic
Salt and pepper
Small amount of cooking oil

Put oil in big Dutch oven or skillet, heat up
Add diced onion, cook for 2 minutes
Add garlic, adjust amount by taste, cook another 2 minutes
Add burger, cook until browned, drain off excess grease
Add cabbage, cook until tender, maybe 20 minutes
Add salt and pepper to taste

Optional:  add small amount of jalapeño peppers when cabbage goes in.

Tastes like beerrock or pierogi filling, eat in a bowl with a fork or put in tortillas.
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 10:27:28 PM EDT
[#37]
My specialities when it is my turn to cook .......meatballs or meatloaf.   Simple, yummy, and the whole family loves either one.
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 12:15:12 AM EDT
[#38]
My Great Grandmother called this onion soup burgers.

1lb ground beef.
1 small can of French Onion soup.
Flour.

Cook the beef, you might need to add some oil if you dont have enough fat,  mix in flour until you have almost a paste like consistency (2 tablespoons or so) and then mix in the soup and cook till its thick.

I like it on burger buns, or you can use less flour to make it thinner and serve it over noodles.
Link Posted: 2/11/2017 2:35:15 PM EDT
[#39]
Vegetable beef soup and shepherd's pie come to mind..
Link Posted: 2/11/2017 4:30:44 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
My Great Grandmother called this onion soup burgers.

1lb ground beef.
1 small can of French Onion soup.
Flour.

Cook the beef, you might need to add some oil if you dont have enough fat,  mix in flour until you have almost a paste like consistency (2 tablespoons or so) and then mix in the soup and cook till its thick.

I like it on burger buns, or you can use less flour to make it thinner and serve it over noodles.
View Quote

onion burgers
use dry powder onion soap instead it absorbs the hamburger fat

for cheese dip
and its rotel, velvetta, diced tomatos & Italian hot sausage not hamburger with scoops or tortilla chips

try this its a 1930's depression era dish  ( called "Favorite" )

fry up a large onion, take a pound of hamburger and make good size meatballs ( Egg, Bread, Parm  Cheese, tiny bit of oil, salt & pepper)  cook the meatballs with oil ( olive or vegatable) in large deep skillet,  when the meatballs are done, brown on all sides,  add the onion and one can of Campbells tomato soup ( or store brand) w/ half a can of water with the hamburger juice.  cook in skillet till boiling, then   pour over mashed potatoes homemade, pre-made or powdered, pepper to taste  side of pea's serve with butter and bread
feeds two  for more folks more meat, soap & taters
this is intended to fill you up and it does

enjoy
Link Posted: 2/12/2017 7:01:48 AM EDT
[#41]
Hamburger steak stuffed with blue cheese. If you dont like blue, Swiss, parm or whatever you like is fine. Salt the meat, make two thin patties that are thicker on the edges, put in cheese, seal together, oven roast for a bit, brown the outside.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top