Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/1/2016 12:14:28 PM EDT
Amazon Product
  • 7-in-1 Multi-Functional Cooker--Pressure Cooker, Slow Cooker, Rice Cooker, Saute/Browning, Yogurt Maker, Steamer & Warmer. Please refer the user manual before use.
  • Large, easy to use control panel with 14 Micro-Processor controlled programs, Dual pressure, Automatic keep-warm and 3 temperatures for saute and slow cook
  • UL and ULC certified with 10 proven safety mechanisms; Highly energy efficient and kitchen friendly

I just picked up a 6 qt 1000 Watt on black Friday, which was 1/2 price.  As soon as it came out of the box, I washed it and made chicken soup.  It was done in 20 minutes.  I am amazed!

I used boneless chicken legs and thighs.  I sweated down a mirapoix in butter.  Added it to the pot with chicken stock, salt, pepper, and raw, cubed chicken.  It was fork tender and completely done in 20.  I served it over noodles, chicken noodle soup.  

The cooker had been in my wish list for over a year.  I will now retire my stove top pressure cooker.  

Last night I pressure cooked two pounds of gizzards in chicken broth for 20 minutes.  They were excellent. 

Tonight I will make a creamy version of the soup and I can't wait to try it on a chili recipe.  

I will probably be making my tamale meat in it too. 

If you don't have one, look into it.  First time I inserted an ASIN in a thread.  I hope it doesn't look as obnoxious to you as it does to me. 
Link Posted: 12/1/2016 12:18:44 PM EDT
[#1]
I have one but have never used it. Will look into it now!
Link Posted: 12/21/2016 4:06:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Put a chuck roast covered in Montreal steak and garlic on the rack with 1.5 cups beef broth. (Sear all 4 sides first)  Cook for 70 min. Quick release and pull meat out. Put red potatoes and carrots in the bottom (rack out) and put meat back on top. Cook 6 min and allow 10 min natural release. Turned out absolutely amazing.
Link Posted: 1/12/2017 2:58:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Instead of boiling down some stock from turkey bones, I just threw it in the cooker with onions, garlic, and seasonings.  When I get home later, I will have stock ready for some turkey and rice soup.  
Link Posted: 1/13/2017 2:29:39 AM EDT
[#4]
I bought myself the exact same IP from Amazon as a Christmas gift myself over the holidays when the price dipped <$100.

I finally had a chance to do my 1st cook in it tonight. Found a electric pressure cooker beef stew/pot roast recipe I tweaked to my own preferences, and I must say I'm damn impressed with the outcome.

15 mins on saute to sear the chuck, and saute the onions. Then 30 minutes on high pressure meat/stew setting. Turned out stupendous. A side a steamed broccoli, and a glass of the same red wine I used to deglaze the fond, finished the meal.
Link Posted: 1/13/2017 10:10:21 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 1/13/2017 12:55:41 PM EDT
[#6]
We use our Instant Pot 1-2x/week.

The Amazon-provided beef stew recipe is quite good as well:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ai65GV10YI0

We've done potato soup, chicken curry, hamburger soup, pot roast, corned beef and a fejoada-type blackbean and pork stew.

Great piece of cooking equipment.
Link Posted: 1/13/2017 1:04:55 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 1/13/2017 6:02:11 PM EDT
[#8]
all I can say--- RICE...its fantastic in thesethings

I use 2 cups jasmine rice to 3 cups water -- and sprinkle in some salt and a bit of oil

hit rice button
Link Posted: 1/14/2017 3:12:31 AM EDT
[#9]
i have the IP-LUX60. bought it a couple years ago after reading a thread about it here. i love it. easy to use and very versatile.
Link Posted: 1/14/2017 7:53:04 PM EDT
[#10]
I bought the Instapot 6qt duo pressure,it was supposed to have been delivered on Friday but the dang weather has it delayed 
Link Posted: 1/16/2017 8:07:07 PM EDT
[#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Put a chuck roast covered in Montreal steak and garlic on the rack with 1.5 cups beef broth. (Sear all 4 sides first)  Cook for 70 min. Quick release and pull meat out. Put red potatoes and carrots in the bottom (rack out) and put meat back on top. Cook 6 min and allow 10 min natural release. Turned out absolutely amazing.
View Quote

Why put it in rack? Just curious.
Link Posted: 1/21/2017 7:27:31 PM EDT
[#12]
I've seen these things referenced on some paleo/primal websites but it's good to hear positive experiences here.  I think we'll be buying one soon and retiring our crock pot, pressure cooker and rice cooker.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top