Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 6
Posted: 5/19/2016 10:38:08 AM EDT
There are a few of us who have adopted the ketogenic lifestyle, or at least exploring it.

It's difficult to leave carbs behind, as so many good foods are high in carbs.

Share your keto-friendly recipes here!

I don't condone plagiarism, so if you've paid for recipes (like in a cookbook,) keep in mind that they're most likely copyrighted, and shouldn't be published here (I'm not going to debate the legality of altering a copyrighted recipe and presenting it as original - that's for you to decide.)

But there are a bunch of great recipes out there in the public domain, so if you've tried any that you found delicious, share them with the rest of us!

I'll start with a very simple thing I had for dinner last night.  Makes 1 serving.

4 oz. fresh tuna steak (Yellowfin is best.)

Chia seeds

Ghee

Pre-heat a cast iron or carbon steel pan on medium-low for about 10 minutes.

Put 2 Tbsp of chia seeds in the pan to toast them.

Add a high-temp 'good' oil like Ghee (clarified butter,) which has a smoke point of 485°.

Turn heat up to medium-high (about 425°)  You do have a laser thermometer, right?

Cook the tuna 1-3 minutes per side.  You want to coat the meat with the chia seeds and sear it, leaving the center to your taste.  Some like it raw, some rare, and some a little more cooked.  I did mine for 2 minutes per side.

I accompanied it with simple steamed brocolli.

Sauce:

2 Tbsp home-made mayo (I'm still experimenting with the home-made mayo thing.  The first batch I tried was good, but needs tweaking.)

2 tsp olive oil

1 Tbsp heavy cream

2 tsp soy sauce.

1 tsp Sriracha

Blend with a stick blender.  Adjust soy sauce, Sriracha to taste.

I'm sure you have a cast iron or carbon steel pan.  Get a laser thermometer - they're cheap.  And get a stick blender - they're invaluable, and anyone eating keto needs to have one.  I mix things in a mason jar.  The stick blender needs to have some height to do its job.  Try blending in a shallow dish and enjoy the mess!

ETA - another tip.  To make the mayo, you'll want to add whey, which will extend the life in the fridge out to six months or so.

How do you get whey?  You first have to find unstrained organic yogurt.  I found mine at Publix Greenwise.  Then I used a folded up piece of cheesecloth in a fine mesh cone strainer and let the yogurt separate for about two hours.  You can refrigerate the whey, and use it for multiple batches of mayo. Then eat the yogurt!

There are probably other uses for whey.  Chime in if know any!

And for those of you who want to learn more, I suggest ruled.me.  They've been a great resource for me in the 7 weeks I've been keto-active.

Link Posted: 5/19/2016 1:24:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Cooked up some pork chops last night because there was some well marbled chops at the store yesterday.  Just applied some salt and pepper and pan fried in clarified butter, it was heaven with a side of broccoli and cauliflower.
Link Posted: 5/19/2016 1:26:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Ni!
Link Posted: 5/19/2016 1:27:43 PM EDT
[#3]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Ni!
View Quote

Etubirtnoc !!

Link Posted: 5/19/2016 1:30:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Going to give this a try over the weekend-  Oopsie bread
Link Posted: 5/19/2016 1:30:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Etubirtnoc !!  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Ni!

Etubirtnoc !!  

English version for the old farts
Link Posted: 5/19/2016 1:36:30 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Cooked up some pork chops last night because there was some well marbled chops at the store yesterday.  Just applied some salt and pepper and pan fried in clarified butter, it was heaven with a side of broccoli and cauliflower.
View Quote
I'm staying away from pork (except for bacon...) because it has a lot purines in it.  One of the issues I'm having is elevated uric acid (which can lead to gout.)  And purines are known to increase UA levels even more.

Everything I've read says that when your body is getting keto-adapted, UA goes up as you excrete ketones, but that it's transient, typically only lasting about 12 weeks (I'm in week 8.)

But I've got a whole sack of beautiful center cut chops just waiting for when it's 'safe' to eat them.

Link Posted: 5/19/2016 1:37:05 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ni!

Etubirtnoc !!  

What is 'Ni!' backwards...?

Link Posted: 5/19/2016 1:41:04 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Ni!

Etubirtnoc !!  

Got it.  Old and slow!
Link Posted: 5/19/2016 1:42:28 PM EDT
[#9]
My all time favorite recipe that I cook all the time is as follows:

Boneless skinless turkey breast
Onions
Mushrooms
Chicken broth
Baby carrots
salt and pepper to taste

That's it.

8 hours on low in the crock pot.

Link Posted: 5/19/2016 1:51:09 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Onions
Mushrooms
Chicken broth
Baby carrots
salt and pepper to taste

That's it.

View Quote

Sounds good but you're such a tease.  Can't have carrots for another couple of months.
Link Posted: 5/19/2016 1:53:27 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Sounds good but you're such a tease.  Can't have carrots for another couple of months.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Onions
Mushrooms
Chicken broth
Baby carrots
salt and pepper to taste

That's it.

Are carrots a no-go for keto?

If so, you can make it without. The mushrooms and onions are most important.
Link Posted: 5/19/2016 1:54:39 PM EDT
[#12]
This one looks good- keto lasagna  It's on the agenda for next week.
Link Posted: 5/19/2016 2:06:21 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Onions
Mushrooms
Chicken broth
Baby carrots
salt and pepper to taste

That's it.

Generally, if it grows beneath the ground it's off the approved list.  But I do enjoy them and will eat them again but infrequently.

ETA, it's all about carb total per day.

Link Posted: 5/19/2016 2:08:15 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Generally, if it grows beneath the ground it's off the approved list.  But I do enjoy them and will eat them again but infrequently.

View Quote

So this isn't compatible with paleo at all. I didn't realize.

Is there a list of bad foods somewhere?
Link Posted: 5/19/2016 2:38:56 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't think carrots are bad..  I think what several us here on the forum want to do is lose body fat and improve our overall health, including blood sugar levels...  I'm near 55 and have hit male menopause   Four or five pounds a year adds up.  Carrots at this point just fights the progress to reach the goal weight before going on a maintenance diet.  But I do love them!

I tried the low carb/ Atkins/ Paleo about 12 years ago and had fantastic results.  I can remember driving home after 12 hour kick ass day and my mind was so sharp, it felt good.  But I screwed up by going back to a carb heavy diet, not this time!

Link Posted: 5/19/2016 3:09:28 PM EDT
[#16]
A link from BozemanMT for pizza a couple of years ago, my weakness- Pizza to die for
Link Posted: 5/20/2016 9:20:02 AM EDT
[#17]
BUmp
Link Posted: 5/20/2016 9:33:17 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 5/20/2016 9:42:46 AM EDT
[#19]
We did personal sized meatza using hamburger patties on the grill. The pepperoni and cheese was great
Link Posted: 5/20/2016 9:46:33 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

We did personal sized meatza using hamburger patties on the grill. The pepperoni and cheese was great
View Quote

I did something similar this week.

I made a 4 oz. burger, and topped it with the toppings I scraped off a pepperoni/sausage pizza crust.  (I added more mozzarella to the top...
Link Posted: 5/20/2016 12:23:16 PM EDT
[#21]
Speaking of plagiarism

Eracer mentioned in another thread that he made kale chips in a microwave instead of the oven.  It was so easy and delicious.

Massage kale with EVOO, salt to your preference, then microwave on a paper towel for three minutes +or-.  That was our lunch today.
Link Posted: 5/20/2016 12:52:42 PM EDT
[#22]
My wife just reminded me that this is a good recipe.  It does need the marinade time in the fridge and a good mustard.  It's a nice twist for chicken.

The source

Ingredients
1/4 cup olive oil
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
2 tablespoons coarse-grained Dijon mustard
6 cloves garlic, chopped
2 teaspoons salt
1 tablespoon freshly ground black pepper
2 pounds chicken wings, separated at joints, tips discarded

Directions
In a large bowl, stir together the olive oil, lemon juice, mustard, garlic, salt, and pepper. Add chicken wings, cover, and marinate in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours, stirring occasionally.
Preheat grill for high heat. Drain marinade from chicken into a small saucepan. Bring to a boil, and simmer for 5 minutes. Set aside for basting.
Lightly oil the grill grate. Grill wings for 10 to 15 minutes, or until juices run clear. Turn frequently and baste with the marinade during the last 5 minutes.

We usually make a double batch of the marinade and keep them separate so we don't have to cook the contaminated portion in another pot.
Link Posted: 5/20/2016 1:36:40 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Speaking of plagiarism

Eracer mentioned in another thread that he made kale chips in a microwave instead of the oven.  It was so easy and delicious.

Massage kale with EVOO, salt to your preference, then microwave on a paper towel for three minutes +or-.  That was our lunch today.
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/20/2016 1:38:49 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

My wife just reminded me that this is a good recipe.  It does need the marinade time in the fridge and a good mustard.  It's a nice twist for chicken.

The source

Ingredients

1/4 cup olive oil

1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice

2 tablespoons coarse-grained Dijon mustard

6 cloves garlic, chopped

2 teaspoons salt

1 tablespoon freshly ground black pepper

2 pounds chicken wings, separated at joints, tips discarded

Directions

In a large bowl, stir together the olive oil, lemon juice, mustard, garlic, salt, and pepper. Add chicken wings, cover, and marinate in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours, stirring occasionally.

Preheat grill for high heat. Drain marinade from chicken into a small saucepan. Bring to a boil, and simmer for 5 minutes. Set aside for basting.

Lightly oil the grill grate. Grill wings for 10 to 15 minutes, or until juices run clear. Turn frequently and baste with the marinade during the last 5 minutes.

We usually make a double batch of the marinade and keep them separate so we don't have to cook the contaminated portion in another pot.
View Quote

I have a kamado grill that will get to 700° or more.  What temp do you recommend?
Link Posted: 5/20/2016 5:39:35 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

I have a kamado grill that will get to 700° or more.  What temp do you recommend?
View Quote

A kamodo is on my wish list.

400 degrees, maybe a little higher.  Having time to coat it several times during the cooking process builds the flavor.  I should have said earlier, we prefer it with a little more fresh lemon.  My wife prefers it with less salt, she's a health nut!  

If you like the flavor, try it on salmon.
Link Posted: 5/21/2016 8:01:49 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

400 degrees, maybe a little higher.  Having time to coat it several times during the cooking process builds the flavor.  I should have said earlier, we prefer it with a little more fresh lemon.  My wife prefers it with less salt, she's a health nut!  

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm going to make this for lunch today.  Thanks!

I bought the Vision Grills Kamado at Home Depot.  So far I like it a lot.  The only problem I have is that it has too much airflow to maintain temps under 300°, which makes it useless as a smoker.  But people have posted simple fixes for that online.  I just haven't gotten around to it.

It was definitely worth the $700 I paid.

Link Posted: 5/21/2016 6:31:15 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

I bought the Vision Grills Kamado at Home Depot.  So far I like it a lot.  The only problem I have is that it has too much airflow to maintain temps under 300°, which makes it useless as a smoker.  But people have posted simple fixes for that online.  I just haven't gotten around to it.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I know, I'm quoting myself....

I followed the recipe and marinated 6 flappers and 6 drumettes.  I cooked 3 of each and froze the rest for later.

Kamado was kept at 450°.  I kept it closed during cooking and turned the wings frequently, basting a couple of times during the last 5 minutes.

Verdict:  Two....no, make it three thumbs up.  
If you like wings, and are used to deep-fried wings with Frank's hot sauce (not that there's anything wrong with that...)  I suggest you give these a try.

This recipe is going into my secret stash.

Link Posted: 5/21/2016 10:04:24 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

I followed the recipe and marinated 6 flappers and 6 drumettes.  I cooked 3 of each and froze the rest for later.

Kamado was kept at 450°.  I kept it closed during cooking and turned the wings frequently, basting a couple of times during the last 5 minutes.

If you like wings, and are used to deep-fried wings with Frank's hot sauce (not that there's anything wrong with that...)  I suggest you give these a try.

View Quote

That's good to hear!  What did you think of the salt content?  

My wife used this recipe in the oven last night, rain day, and after about ten minutes the smell of the garlic made my stomach happy
Link Posted: 5/21/2016 11:03:56 PM EDT
[#29]
Trying something new today.

Stuffed chicken breast.

9 boneless, skinless breasts, slices open butterfly style.

4 bell peppers
2 onions
Seasoned salt to taste
two cups of mushrooms
2 tbl spoons of minced garlic

Dice all of the above as finely as possible, and then stuff the chicken breasts and stack them in a crock pot.

Take whatever is left of the diced stuff and pour in 1/2 cup of white wine and 3 cups of chicken broth.

Pour over chicken.

I'll post up the results.
Link Posted: 5/22/2016 8:13:59 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

My wife used this recipe in the oven last night, rain day, and after about ten minutes the smell of the garlic made my stomach happy
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I thought it was fine.

I used to never salt anything.  Now I'm getting used to salting EVERYTHING.  

Link Posted: 5/22/2016 9:31:11 AM EDT
[#31]

I've experimented with making homemade mayo, since the crap we buy in
stores is based on unhealthy soybean oil, and contains sugar and
other unhealthy additives.  This version tastes great, and is actually
good for you!  It's a little weird to have green mayo but the excellent taste/texture more than makes up for it.

I recommend using avocado oil.  Get yourself a
stick blender (I use a qt. mason jar and the immersion method listed in the link  below to make a double batch.)  Then I transfer it to a pint mason jar.

One of the keys to this recipe is to add whey - this extends the shelf
life for several months.  Without it, the mayo can go bad in a week
or two.  I use a fine cone strainer lined with a folded-up piece of
cheesecloth to drain the whey from unstrained organic plain yogurt (it
takes a couple of hours, and you should get nearly clear liquid,)  I buy
the yogurt at Publix Greenwise, but any of the 'healthier' stores
should have it.  'Unstrained means the whey has not been removed.
Don't ignore the instruction to leave the freshly made mayo on the counter for 8 hours.  It's key to letting the whey do its thing.  Don't worry, the vinegar and lemon juice are natural anti-microbials.

Anyway, it's kind of fun to make, and again, MUCH better for you than
Hellmann's, Duke's, or (God Forbid!) Miracle Whip.  Don't get me wrong, I
love both of the first two mayos, but I'm working hard to
eliminate the poison foods from my life, and I love mayo.

I'm starting to like this blog.  The next of her recipes I'm going to try is home-made ghee (clarified butter.) Ghee has a very high smoke point of 485° and so it's one of the best and healthiest fats out there for high-heat cooking.  I've been starting to use it a lot, and its pretty pricy in the store.

Link Posted: 5/22/2016 4:48:13 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Trying something new today.

Stuffed chicken breast.

9 boneless, skinless breasts, slices open butterfly style.

4 bell peppers
2 onions
Seasoned salt to taste
two cups of mushrooms
2 tbl spoons of minced garlic

Dice all of the above as finely as possible, and then stuff the chicken breasts and stack them in a crock pot.

Take whatever is left of the diced stuff and pour in 1/2 cup of white wine and 3 cups of chicken broth.

Pour over chicken.

I'll post up the results.
View Quote

That sounds good, looking forward to the AAR.

Are you using green bells?
Link Posted: 5/22/2016 4:50:46 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

That sounds good, looking forward to the AAR.

Are you using green bells?
View Quote

Yes I was. It was awesome. The whole family liked it.

Needed a decent splashing of salt for most of them though.
Link Posted: 5/22/2016 5:01:31 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Yes I was. It was awesome. The whole family liked it.

Needed a decent splashing of salt for most of them though.
View Quote

Thanks, we'll put that one on the "to do list"  

Trying not to get off topic..  This keto diet has been interesting.  I've been drinking plenty of water and urinating like a race horse.  Salt is good.

Link Posted: 5/22/2016 5:05:38 PM EDT
[#35]
In a crockpot four 12 oz cans of boneless chicken, One can of mushrooms, one teaspoon salt,  1 teaspoon pepper, 1 teaspoon garlic, 1 teaspoon onion powder, half a shaker container full of Kraft or any other brand Parmesan cheese and 1 pint of heavy whipping cream. Enjoy

Do not drain anything.  May add more whipping cream as needed.
Link Posted: 5/22/2016 5:11:42 PM EDT
[#36]
Adkins maintain. Phase;

Can cream of mushroom soup, can veg all, cup Parmesan cheese, can green beans, 2 12 oz cans chicken, can mushrooms, tsp sat, pepper and garlic.   Mix and bake at 350 for 30 minutes then cover with cheddar cheese and bake until golden brown.

Do not drain anything.
Link Posted: 5/22/2016 8:18:40 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

In a crockpot four 12 oz cans of boneless chicken, One can of mushrooms, one teaspoon salt,  1 teaspoon pepper, 1 teaspoon garlic, 1 teaspoon onion powder, half a shaker container full of Kraft or any other brand Parmesan cheese and 1 pint of heavy whipping cream. Enjoy

View Quote

Fuck cans of boneless chicken...

Buy a rotisserie chicken (or two,) save the skins for cracklin', and shred the chicken.

FYI, one chicken yields about a pound of shredded meat, so you'll need four chickens for your recipe - which seems like a lot...

Link Posted: 5/24/2016 9:28:08 AM EDT
[#38]
OST
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 9:46:06 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

OST
View Quote

OST

Norwegian for cheese

Oh noes Ole! Your hode looks like en ost!
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 10:05:57 AM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 7:49:52 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
OST
View Quote

Well, get in here!
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 9:04:41 PM EDT
[#42]
How about a Cheese Souffle?  My wife was kind enough to make two over the past few weeks.  The first one was a success and tasty, the second one collapsed.

I'll be getting up early on Saturday to try Alton's recipe- Link  The reviews look good.

Reheat in the oven, the microwave, not so good.
Link Posted: 5/25/2016 3:32:59 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Buy a rotisserie chicken (or two,) save the skins for cracklin', and shred the chicken.

FYI, one chicken yields about a pound of shredded meat, so you'll need four chickens for your recipe - which seems like a lot...

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I eat left overs then freeze them.
Link Posted: 5/25/2016 2:38:23 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Kind of my go to recipe for meal prep.

5-6#  boneless skinless chicken breasts

1 large bottle Pace picante sauce (medium heat) Hot does not seem to taste as good.

Layer in crock pot (sauce, chicken, sauce, chicken).

cover with remainder and cook on low for 10hrs.

Remove from liquid after it's cooked and place in large sealable plastic container.

shred using tongs and a twisting motion.

I use this as a base for chicken salad and soft tacos for lunches and snacks.

Chicken salad.

Per meal:

This is snack size, double amounts for meal portions.

3 oz shredded chicken

.5oz (2 slices of cooked chopped bacon)

1.5oz Mayo ( I use Just Mayo brand)

1/4 cup chopped jalapenos

1/4 cup chopped walnuts

season with fresh course ground pepper and Mrs Dash Southwest Chipotle

Soft Tacos

2 Mission low carb tortillas 4 net carb

5 oz shredded chicken

2 oz Kraft 4 cheese mexican shredded cheese

1 oz Daisy sour cream

1/4 cup jalapenos

season with Old El Paso taco seasoing or Mrs Dash Southwest Chipotle

View Quote

Those things are a godsend.  I thought for sure I'd never be able to eat another breakfast burrito.

And I agree about the Pace Picante.  Medium is best.  I heat mine up a bit with some (a tiny little bit.... ) of Dave's Insanity.

Link Posted: 5/25/2016 3:06:33 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Those things are a godsend.  I thought for sure I'd never be able to eat another breakfast burrito.

And I agree about the Pace Picante.  Medium is best.  I heat mine up a bit with some (a tiny little bit.... ) of Dave's Insanity.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Kind of my go to recipe for meal prep.

5-6#  boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 large bottle Pace picante sauce (medium heat) Hot does not seem to taste as good.

Layer in crock pot (sauce, chicken, sauce, chicken).
cover with remainder and cook on low for 10hrs.

Remove from liquid after it's cooked and place in large sealable plastic container.
shred using tongs and a twisting motion.

I use this as a base for chicken salad and soft tacos for lunches and snacks.

Chicken salad.
Per meal:

This is snack size, double amounts for meal portions.
3 oz shredded chicken
.5oz (2 slices of cooked chopped bacon)
1.5oz Mayo ( I use Just Mayo brand)
1/4 cup chopped jalapenos
1/4 cup chopped walnuts
season with fresh course ground pepper and Mrs Dash Southwest Chipotle

Soft Tacos
2 Mission low carb tortillas 4 net carb
5 oz shredded chicken
2 oz Kraft 4 cheese mexican shredded cheese
1 oz Daisy sour cream
1/4 cup jalapenos
season with Old El Paso taco seasoing or Mrs Dash Southwest Chipotle

Some keto purists use lettuce or jicama tortillas as they refuse to eat ANY grains.  I'm in this camp as well, but to me, it's a personal choice.  If I'm going to cut carbs, I'm going to CUT.
Link Posted: 5/26/2016 6:30:23 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
Some keto purists use lettuce or jicama tortillas as they refuse to eat ANY grains.  I'm in this camp as well, but to me, it's a personal choice.  If I'm going to cut carbs, I'm going to CUT.
View Quote

So, you'd lose the tomato?  

Link Posted: 5/26/2016 6:55:25 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://scontent-mia1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-0/s480x480/11390300_10206504273236417_8238737525684014786_n.jpg?oh=e3347e8656433622eec38fb67b6917ba&oe=57CDB8BE

1 jubilee a week or so. A slice here or there.  Again, I'm not even suggesting that others should do the same,   everyone is different.  It's just what I do. I also did sprints this morning,  and I'm not suggesting that either
Link Posted: 5/26/2016 9:59:02 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
1 jubilee a week or so. A slice here or there.  Again, I'm not even suggesting that others should do the same,   everyone is different.  It's just what I do. I also did sprints this morning,  and I'm not suggesting that either
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

https://scontent-mia1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-0/s480x480/11390300_10206504273236417_8238737525684014786_n.jpg?oh=e3347e8656433622eec38fb67b6917ba&oe=57CDB8BE

Last night I ate two of the 6g tortillas (soft tacos with beef, onion, jalapeno, cheese, tomato, salsa and sour cream.)

This morning my glucose was 149, and my ketones were 0.6

Link Posted: 5/26/2016 10:41:40 AM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 10:48:45 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Yeah, that is why I use the 4 net carb small size.

12 net puts you really close to min carbs...add 1 for cheese and 2 for onion and 2 for sour cream and you are at the edge. If you go by net carbs.

Have a coffe fat bomb and you'll be right back in.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Last night I ate two of the 6g tortillas (soft tacos with beef, onion, jalapeno, cheese, tomato, salsa and sour cream.)

This morning my glucose was 149, and my ketones were 0.6

Yeah, that is why I use the 4 net carb small size.

12 net puts you really close to min carbs...add 1 for cheese and 2 for onion and 2 for sour cream and you are at the edge. If you go by net carbs.

Have a coffe fat bomb and you'll be right back in.

That's good to know.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top