Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/29/2015 4:55:01 PM EDT
The kitchen blender sounds like a gravel truck.  It might be time for new one.  What we have is a Cuisinart SmartPower Duet.  I don't think it's the $11 clutch, sounds more like the motor.  I may have to pull it apart and see if its repairable.

We don't use it enough to justify a $600 vitamix.

Any recommendations for a blender?  We use it mostly for chopping nuts, eggnog, smoothies, bread crumbs, only rarely ice crushing,
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 6:23:33 PM EDT
[#1]
I've had a VitaMix for 10 yrs......before that I burned up three $50-100 blenders.

You can pick them up at Costco for $300-400, so it's not the scary $600 number anymore.  That's still a sh!itload of money for a blender, but it's one of those "buy once & cry once" kind of deals.  You'll never need to buy another one, and you'll always be happy with the performance.
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 7:32:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Nutribullet has a new model with a glass carafe (earlier models were plastic, so you couldn't put anything hot in them).

I use my Nutribullet everyday.  Works great, $80, much easier to clean than a blender.

Link Posted: 11/29/2015 7:36:55 PM EDT
[#3]
+1 on vitamix.  
My wife bought one years ago and makes everything from smoothies to almond butter with the thing.  Also had good experience with customer service.  Had a crack in the container after years of heavy use; called vitamix and they replaced with no fuss at no charge.
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 1:02:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Ended up ordering a basic blendtec.  On sale through today refurbished with a 7 year warranty directly from blendtec for $229.  About double what the little women wanted to spend, But $100 or so less than a Vitamix 5200 refurb.
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 1:04:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Vitamix. You can often find refurbs on Groupon for much less than new.
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 1:13:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Nutribullet has a new model with a glass carafe (earlier models were plastic, so you couldn't put anything hot in them).

I use my Nutribullet everyday.  Works great, $80, much easier to clean than a blender.

https://www.nutribulletrx.com/

View Quote

I hope you have better luck than I had with mine.  Stripped the gear teeth out after 2 months of use.  

I went with a Ninja.  Yea I have read the bad reviews on them too but this one has lasted 6 months now with 2 teenagers using it almost everyday.
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 10:11:04 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I hope you have better luck than I had with mine.  Stripped the gear teeth out after 2 months of use.  

I went with a Ninja.  Yea I have read the bad reviews on them too but this one has lasted 6 months now with 2 teenagers using it almost everyday.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

https://www.nutribulletrx.com/

I wore the motor out of my first one after 2 years, using it almost every day.  I've had the one I'm on now for over a year.

Link Posted: 12/1/2015 10:41:07 PM EDT
[#8]
Saw a VItaMix 5200 at Sam's for $359.00 today.......$40 instant rebate.  Not sure of the duration.
Link Posted: 12/6/2015 12:10:08 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I've had a VitaMix for 10 yrs......before that I burned up three $50-100 blenders.

You can pick them up at Costco for $300-400, so it's not the scary $600 number anymore.  That's still a sh!itload of money for a blender, but it's one of those "buy once & cry once" kind of deals.  You'll never need to buy another one, and you'll always be happy with the performance.
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/7/2015 12:46:40 PM EDT
[#10]
Vitamix, you can buy refurb direct from their webpage which includes a warranty which you can also extend... I liked my Ninja, until I tried a Vitamix.  I cannot imagine not having it now.  I honestly think it could puree a brick!  You can pretty easily find one sub $300
Link Posted: 12/10/2015 2:08:47 AM EDT
[#11]
Note to self:  When the cleaning instructions say '1 cup of hot water and a couple drops of soap' - this should not be interpreted to mean 36 oz of hot water and a teaspoon of soap.

And hold on to the lid.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top