Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/31/2015 3:01:57 AM EDT
while searching the local Whole Paycheck for Togarashi or Berbere seasoning , I came across Ras El Hanout, ive seen it on TV in middle eastern cooking, as it has some normal spices you can get here in the states readily at say a walmart or publix. and wondering if any of you gents might have some hands on experience recipes you can pass along to me to try, for right now im going to dust some chicken thighs in this seasoning, and a few others separately in the MSG free Everglades seasoning I also picked up today
Link Posted: 9/6/2015 3:19:18 PM EDT
[#1]
I use Ras El Hanout to make lentils and serve them over rice.

Add carrot, celery, onion and fire roasted peppers.

The everglades seasoning, use it for roasted or grilled meats.
Link Posted: 9/10/2015 1:42:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Here's a decent recipe for as el hanout:

As for berbere, it is almost impossible to make an authentic berbere using spices commonly available in the US. Here's a place that offers the real thing for an affordable price:

http://www.ethiopianspices.com

Link Posted: 9/15/2015 9:42:12 AM EDT
[#3]
I just use the one that McCormicks sells.
Link Posted: 9/17/2015 4:55:10 PM EDT
[#4]
the Spice House sells a nice version that I like, i believe theirs also includes saffron. It's my favorite seasoning for hummus.
Link Posted: 9/18/2015 3:17:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Get the Everglades "heat "....
Good shit.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top