Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/18/2015 8:25:11 AM EDT
I can do straight scrambled eggs fine, but when I try and make something like spinach scrambled eggs or an omlet, yuk.
Link Posted: 5/18/2015 8:30:07 AM EDT
[#1]
Are you pre-cooking the spinach?  How exactly are you preparing it?
Link Posted: 5/18/2015 8:34:24 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

I pre-cook bagged or fresh spinach.
Maybe I'm not cooking it down enough or too much?
Link Posted: 5/18/2015 9:06:18 AM EDT
[#3]
Use cheesecloth to squeeze every last bit of water out of the spinach (or any other filling you want to use.)  Water is the enemy.
Always finish your omelet under the broiler.  I cook the eggs on medium-high heat in a stainless steel saute pan, lifting the edges and pouring under to cook it quickly, pulling it off the burner while the top layer is still wet.
Then I put the well-drained veggies on one side, and the cheese on the other.  About 30 seconds under the broiler on the top shelf will heat the fillings up, melt the cheese, and cause the egg to rise and set.
Remove, fold in half.  Enjoy.
Oh, and don't forget to whip in a teaspoon of mayo per egg prior to cooking.

Another pro tip:  Buy Egg Beaters, and use some in your omelet mix.  I generally use one whole egg, one egg white, and 1/4C of the Egg Beaters.  You won't miss the additional egg yolks - trust me.

Link Posted: 5/18/2015 12:34:38 PM EDT
[#4]
You can try to salt your diced veggies w/ 1Table spoon  of salt 15-30 minutes prior to cooking, the take some cheese cloth and squeeze the water out.

Blanch or lightly saute the spinach then sqeeze the water out.

When making omletes Air is key. Use lg bowl and use side-to-side technique with wisk to incorperate as much air as possible,

Link Posted: 5/18/2015 2:10:02 PM EDT
[#5]
If you have not tried a scoop of whole fat sour cream in your scrambled eggs, I highly suggest it.
Link Posted: 5/19/2015 10:45:50 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Cook the other ingredients completely before adding eggs.

Then go low-n-slow for the eggs. Cover if you are in a hurry but still low.
Link Posted: 5/21/2015 12:14:27 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This i do add-ons 1st . But i remove, add well whisked eggs till almost cooked, add cooked items to middle fold and finish.

If you're not happy with the outcome, throw the eggs / omelet in a warmed & buttered tortilla.
Link Posted: 5/21/2015 12:28:54 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I can do straight scrambled eggs fine, but when I try and make something like spinach scrambled eggs or an omlet, yuk.
View Quote

Omelets:   I whisk the eggs first and then fry them in the pan in a disk shape.  Sometimes I push the edge around to make sure any excess egg on top runs to the side to get cooked.  If I'm putting anything in them, I put them on the disk and then fold it over.  not sure if that's how you're really suppose to make them but fuck it, that's how i like it.

Scrambled. I don't like that.  I make an "omelet disk" and then chop it up.  for true scrambled eggs from what i've seen the real issue is to prevent the eggs from getting (edit: overcooked), which can make them runnier.  i saw a ramsay video on it once.

Link Posted: 5/21/2015 9:53:37 PM EDT
[#9]
I couldn't make them either until I watched this

Link Posted: 5/21/2015 10:45:05 PM EDT
[#10]
If we have any chopped/diced peppers, onions, broccoli, spinach, whatever and I'm making eggs I'll throw them in with a little cheese (cheddar works best, IMHO). For omelets the secret is to shake the pan a little to ensure they're cooking evenly and not runny in the middle, and give them time to get firm before folding.
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 7:53:29 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Omelets:   I whisk the eggs first and then fry them in the pan in a disk shape.  Sometimes I push the edge around to make sure any excess egg on top runs to the side to get cooked.  If I'm putting anything in them, I put them on the disk and then fold it over.  not sure if that's how you're really suppose to make them but fuck it, that's how i like it.

Scrambled. I don't like that.  I make an "omelet disk" and then chop it up.  for true scrambled eggs from what i've seen the real issue is to prevent the eggs from getting (edit: overcooked), which can make them runnier.  i saw a ramsay video on it once.

http://youtu.be/PUP7U5vTMM0
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://youtu.be/PUP7U5vTMM0

Those eggs look like crap   No thanks.
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 8:04:09 PM EDT
[#12]
ziploc bag omelet

Your welcome.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top