Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/10/2014 10:59:45 PM EDT
I want to get one like this http://www.rakuten.com/prod/black-maverick-remote-smoker-dual-probe-wireless-thermometer-et-73/251713537.html?listingId=293678349&sclid=pla_google_HotAsseenOnTVProducts&adid=29963&gclid=CLqs4Yr_vMICFZOMaQoddAsAWg thoughts?

Link Posted: 12/10/2014 11:13:20 PM EDT
[#1]
The crucial one to get is the thermapen from thermo works. It's indisposable and is by far the most versatile and accurate of all of them I have. I'll use a remote probe On big meats for getting it in the ballpark and the thermapen to finish.  It's also effective on smaller meats on the grill or stovetop (I.e. Chicken breast, salmon, tunas teaks, steaks) where a wired probe isn't really desirable....or anything else for that matter.

I also have a thermo works dot, maverick et-732, and a cyberq wifi. All have their place.  The dot is worth noting here as it's very accurate and simple, but doesn't have a remote or dual probes.

The one in the link looks similar to the maverick...which is an effective tool. .  

Link Posted: 12/10/2014 11:41:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Just got a thermapen a few months back and it is the best investment if you are serious about properly cooking meat. It's REALLY accurate. I checked it against a couple PID controllers on my brewing system and it was spot on.
Link Posted: 12/11/2014 12:17:03 AM EDT
[#3]
Thermapen and a Maverick 733 for me
Link Posted: 12/15/2014 10:22:59 AM EDT
[#4]
IMHO, if money is at all an issue the Thermapen shouldn't be on your list; it's overpriced for what it is...

I use this one for $17.99 that is almost as fast and accurate as the thermapen. Do you really need the speed and accuracy of the thermapen or can you get by with a very slightly slower reading and save yourself $80?
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 12:17:15 AM EDT
[#5]
Have a thermapen and would buy it again in a heartbeat.  
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 9:01:27 PM EDT
[#6]
IGrill 2 and a thermopen.
Link Posted: 12/23/2014 4:43:51 PM EDT
[#7]
thermopop, cheaper alternative to the thermopen.  check on amazon for it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top