Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/29/2014 9:21:41 AM EDT
My wife loves broccoli cheddar soup... she has been trying to master it for a few years and recently got back on the kick (maybe something to do with pregnancy)

The recipe she is trying involves a crock-pot overnight... woke up the wonderfully pungent smell of broccoli. What causes this? I can microwave it, use it in stir-fry type dishes etc without any real stink, but for some reason when she put it in this soup it was horribly pungent. My whole house smells like sour-kraut now... I can't stand that smell...
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 10:30:16 AM EDT
[#1]
mmmmm sauerkraut
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 4:56:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
mmmmm sauerkraut
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/31/2014 2:13:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Sauerkraut smells good.... the broccoli smell you speak of smells like dog shit.  It has to be caused by a chemical reaction of one of the active ingredients in the plant because I know exactly what smell you speak of.
I hate my broccoli cooked I much prefer it raw.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top