Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/30/2014 7:19:37 PM EDT
Well, I dont have the 12-14 hours that it takes to smoke a brisket in a Weber Kettle grill and i dont have a smoker, But i do have an oven, Whats a good recipe or way to prepare a brisket in the oven to make it nice, tender and juicy for slicing?
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 8:04:34 PM EDT
[#1]
You already know it won't taste nearly as good so I won't dwell on that.

If you want it super tender then wrap in foil with a about 1/2 cup of beef broth.  You won't get a good bark but it will be very tender and juicy.
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 10:33:07 PM EDT
[#2]
believe it or not...Trisha Yearwood just did this on her show today...
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 10:37:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Buy a rib roast
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 11:39:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Buy a rib roast
View Quote

I have three briskets from cows we had butchered. This is the smallest one.
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 1:01:23 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 12:00:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You could split the difference.  Start it on your kettle, indirect heat, cook 'till it reaches around 165 deg internal temp, wrap in foil and cook it in a 300 degree oven until it hits around 205 deg F.

How big a brisket are we talking?
View Quote

I havent weighed it, so i'm not sure.
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 12:08:12 PM EDT
[#7]
Last Christmas I got a mega sized brisket and learned must to my chagrin that it was too big to fit on my large BGE.  So I improvise and cut the point off.  Smoked the flat.  

Wrapped the point in foil and threw it in the oven.

I know they are two different flavors because of the difference in fat marbling, but the flat that stayed on the smoker was substantially better.  The point was more like flavorful pot roast.
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 9:58:00 PM EDT
[#8]
This is the real deal not Texas but NY ....
Nach Waxman's Brisket of Beef
try it in the oven

This is the go-to recipe for knowledgeable brisket lovers. Who then share it with others. . So warm and welcoming, the secret is what Nach did way before anyone else: slice the meat midway through cooking. If you serve this the day after you make it, reheat, covered, for about 1 hour in a 325°F oven.
I've had and made this a few times it is excellent

Ingredients
•1 (6-pound) first-cut beef brisket, trimmed so that a thin layer of fat remains
•All-purpose flour, for dusting
•Freshly ground black pepper
•3 tablespoons corn oil
•8 medium onions, peeled and thickly sliced
•3 tablespoons tomato paste
•Kosher salt
•2 to 4 cloves garlic, peeled and quartered
•1 carrot, peeled and trimmed

Preparation

Preheat the oven to 375°F.

Lightly dust the brisket with flour, then sprinkle with pepper to taste. Heat the oil over medium-high heat in a large ovenproof enameled cast-iron pot or other heavy pot with a lid just large enough to hold the brisket snugly. Add the brisket to the pot and brown on both sides until crusty brown areas appear on the surface here and there, 5 to 7 minutes per side. Transfer the brisket to a platter, turn up the heat a bit, then add the onions to the pot and stir constantly with a wooden spoon, scraping up any browned bits stuck to the bottom of the pot. Cook until the onions have softened and developed a rich brown color but aren't yet caramelized, 10 to 15 minutes.

Turn off the heat and place the brisket and any accumulated juices on top of the onions.

Spread the tomato paste over the brisket as if you were icing a cake. Sprinkle with salt and more pepper to taste, then add the garlic and carrot to the pot. Cover the pot, transfer to the oven, and cook the brisket for 1 1/2 hours.

Transfer the brisket to a cutting board and, using a very sharp knife, slice the meat across the grain into approximately 1/8-inch-thick slices. Return the slices to the pot, overlapping them at an angle so that you can see a bit of the top edge of each slice. The end result should resemble the original unsliced brisket leaning slightly backward. Check the seasonings and, if absolutely necessary, add 2 to 3 teaspoons of water to the pot.

Cover the pot and return to the oven. Lower the heat to 325°F and cook the brisket until it is fork-tender, about 2 hours. Check once or twice during cooking to make sure that the liquid is not bubbling away. If it is, add a few more teaspoons of water—but not more. Also, each time you check, spoon some of the liquid on top of the roast so that it drips down between the slices.

It is ready to serve with its juices, but, in fact, it's even better the second day.
n baked
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 2:33:16 PM EDT
[#9]

tag.
Link Posted: 9/9/2014 9:04:17 AM EDT
[#10]
Do what I did before I had my BGE.  Put it on the smoker for 4 hours then take it off, wrap it and put it in the oven at 225 to finish.  The juice that comes off of it will be freaking awesome.
Link Posted: 9/9/2014 9:21:49 AM EDT
[#11]
brisket in the oven can work very well if done right. Try this recipe:

2 tbsp chili powder
2 tbsp salt
1 tbsp garlic powder
1 tbsp onion powder
1 tbsp freshly ground black pepper
1 tbsp sugar
2 tsp dry mustard
1 bay leaf, crushed
1 4-pound beef brisket, trimmed
1 1/2 cup beef stock or broth

1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. To make the rub, combine the chili powder, salt, garlic powder,
onion powder, pepper, sugar, mustard, and bay leaf in a small bowl,
and mix thoroughly.
3. Season the brisket on both sides with the rub. Place in a roasting
pan or Dutch oven and roast uncovered for 1 hour.
4. Add the beef stock or broth and enough water so that there's about
1/2 inch of liquid in the pan.
5. Cover tightly with heavy foil (or the lid, if using a Dutch oven),
decrease the oven temperature to 300 degrees F, and continue cooking
for 3 hours or until fork-tender.

I think this is best for brisket taco's. It has a very good flavor and goes well on a tortilla.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top