Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/27/2014 10:10:11 PM EDT
Scored some deer steaks and I'm going to cool some for her birthday this weekend.

Trick is, she's on a strict diet.
No mustard (powder is ok), nothing other than coconut oil, no dairy. There's more, but yeah, it's a crazy diet.

Cooking surface would be a cast iron skillet or a stove. Definitely game to marinade if needed.

Tell me your deer recipes!

Thank you gents!
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 10:23:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Salt, pepper, cooked in cast iron with a little oil, served rare.  I sometimes add minced garlic or garlic powder as well.
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 11:44:01 PM EDT
[#2]
hard to give recipes w/o knowing what all she can/can't have, but you could go simple..

tenderize w/a mallet, sprinkle w/kosher salt, garlic powder and fresh ground/cracked pepper, then cook on each side for 1-2 min per side(depending on thickness), after cooking, sprinkle a smidge of flour in the juices and whisk to make a sauce/gravy, pour over steaks and serve w/a diet friendly side
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 10:52:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Italian dressing for 24 hours cook no more than to medium...
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 12:58:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Salt, pepper, cooked in cast iron with a little oil, served rare.  I sometimes add minced garlic or garlic powder as well.
View Quote

This exactly what I do.  It's great.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top