Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/21/2014 9:08:43 PM EDT
I just got a new dehydrator and am looking for some recipes for jerky and fruit rolls. Post em if you got em!

Once I get a few of my own I'll do the same
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 9:20:32 PM EDT
[#1]
I cut meat (mostly deer and elk roasts and loins) into 1/8-1/4" strips and use hi-mountain's spicy blend, let it marinate overnight. Dehydrate it until it's still pliable but the white tendon things appear when you bend a piece in half. Usually 5-7 hours depending on thickness. When you think it might be done take a piece out and let it cool to see if you timed it right. It's better to take it off a little too soon than to dehydrate it too long. Trial and error, you'll get it right and everyone will love it.
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 9:31:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I cut meat (mostly deer and elk roasts and loins) into 1/8-1/4" strips and use hi-mountain's spicy blend, let it marinate overnight. Dehydrate it until it's still pliable but the white tendon things appear when you bend a piece in half. Usually 5-7 hours depending on thickness. When you think it might be done take a piece out and let it cool to see if you timed it right. It's better to take it off a little too soon than to dehydrate it too long. Trial and error, you'll get it right and everyone will love it.
View Quote

My dad likes the Hi-mountain brand as well. I bought a variety pack of end of the Nesco brand. Got good reviews on Amazon so we'll see how it goes.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 8:14:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Today, I made chicken jerky treats for our 2 dogs using 8 chicken breasts.

Tomorrow I am making hamburger jerky using the High Mountain Pepper and Garlic and Necso Original (3 lbs each)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top