Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/8/2014 2:10:11 PM EDT
I had a cheap younkers special that takes forever to cook, heats unevenly, etc. Can anyone reccomend a decent maker that won't break the bank. A dual maker is fine.
Link Posted: 7/9/2014 7:09:22 PM EDT
[#1]
I've got the All-Clad Classic. Works very well. It was abt 125 at a local Williams Sonoma store.
Link Posted: 7/10/2014 12:04:20 PM EDT
[#2]
To tag onto this question, does anyone know where I could get a NON Belgium-waffle maker?
Link Posted: 7/13/2014 5:54:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
To tag onto this question, does anyone know where I could get a NON Belgium-waffle maker?
View Quote

We have always used the traditional electric Grill and Waffle Griddle with good success. We buy one every 12-15 years or so when the condition of the non stick surface is not to my liking anymore. They're pretty cheap, keep a constant temp. I saw someone who puts those Cinnamon rolls packed in the round tube in these waffle makers and bakes them in there. Haven't tried it yet, but sounds pretty good to me.
Link Posted: 7/15/2014 10:03:28 PM EDT
[#4]

Link Posted: 7/16/2014 11:47:38 AM EDT
[#5]

My sister-in-law bought one of those when she and her husband moved back to Texas after living away for 15 years.  

Link Posted: 7/16/2014 11:49:58 PM EDT
[#6]

Gir.

Link Posted: 7/18/2014 9:18:39 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I've got the All-Clad Classic. Works very well. It was abt 125 at a local Williams Sonoma store.
View Quote

Have an allclad one.  It works well, but if you set it above 1 or 2 your waffles will be very crispy.  I think the larger the grid squares the better/softer your waffles will be.  The allclad I have has a small grid pattern

Golden Malted makes some very good batter mix for waffles.  I just get the plain.  And cover it with the maple syrup I collected/made last winter - that's another addictive hobby
http://shop.goldenmalted.com/
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 7:11:34 PM EDT
[#8]
honestly go down to an antique shop get one made in the 50s or 60s for $20ish and your good
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top