Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/21/2014 12:52:51 PM EDT
Anyone care to share a fish taco recipe?
Link Posted: 3/22/2014 1:31:55 AM EDT
[#1]
1 cup Beer

1 cup flour

1 teaspoon baking soda

salt and pepper to taste  

fish

make batter with beer, flour, baking soda, salt and pepper. Batter fish and fry, toss in a corn tortilla with cabbage and top with chipotle sour cream.
Link Posted: 3/22/2014 4:19:21 PM EDT
[#2]
That sounds great, thanks...
Link Posted: 3/22/2014 4:58:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Alot of it is the sauce. 1 cup mayo (the good stuff) 1/4 cup milk, 4 tbs lime or lemon juice, 1 tsp garlic salt.  Mix it up and give a taste - adjust if you need to.  If you can find some "real" corn tortillas - it makes a world of difference.    
Link Posted: 3/23/2014 1:12:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/23/2014 1:21:14 PM EDT
[#5]
1. Get in car

2. Drive to Chuy's

3. Enjoy fish tacos.
Link Posted: 3/23/2014 3:37:49 PM EDT
[#6]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

1. Get in car

2. Drive to Chuy's

3. Enjoy fish tacos.
View Quote
Boo booo you should be ashamed of yourself. Homemade is better but a chain restaurant.

Link Posted: 3/23/2014 6:35:51 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 3/23/2014 9:44:08 PM EDT
[#8]
i like to use mahi, sliced into strips and blackened. i make a slaw with mayo, sriracha, milk, lime juice. i make a pico de gallo from seeded roma tomatoes, avocado, mango, kiwi, pineapple, red onion, and cilantro. the sauce i use is an avocado puree made with avocado, lime juice, sour cream. maybe a sprinkle of cheese.
Link Posted: 3/24/2014 3:19:06 PM EDT
[#9]
What are you people using for your white sauce?  I've tried the common Mayo-Yogurt, Mayo-Sour Cream and Yogurt-Sour Cream types and they all sucked ass. Then went on to the Chipotle Mayo, and it worked okay until I found some Roasted Garlic and red pepper Aoili... Which is working like tits.
Link Posted: 3/24/2014 7:08:26 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 3/27/2014 6:45:08 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
i like to use mahi, sliced into strips and blackened. i make a slaw with mayo, sriracha, milk, lime juice. i make a pico de gallo from seeded roma tomatoes, avocado, mango, kiwi, pineapple, red onion, and cilantro. the sauce i use is an avocado puree made with avocado, lime juice, sour cream. maybe a sprinkle of cheese.
View Quote

You sir understand flavor!
Link Posted: 4/9/2014 12:51:28 AM EDT
[#12]
thanks. they're delicious and look fantastic.
Link Posted: 4/9/2014 12:55:02 AM EDT
[#13]
I did a dinner pic thread a while back with fish tacos (landlocked white people style).

Tacos
Link Posted: 5/31/2014 8:47:38 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
1 cup Beer
1 cup flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
salt and pepper to taste  
fish
make batter with beer, flour, baking soda, salt and pepper. Batter fish and fry, toss in a corn tortilla with cabbage and top with chipotle sour cream.
View Quote

I need to try this.
Link Posted: 6/5/2014 8:10:37 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 6/12/2014 3:41:19 PM EDT
[#16]
I baked Tilapia (I know, I know) in the oven with a little olive oil and S&P.  

Slaw:
Thinly sliced a head of cabbage
1/2 cup Red wine vinegar and 1/4 cup White wine Vinegar (all I had or I would have used a little more White)
2 TBS Sugar
Couple dashes Celery salt
Fresh ground S&P to taste
Juice from 1/2 lemon (or lime)
Whisk to combine. Pour over cabbage.  Let soak 20 min and toss, then again prior to serving.

Put baked/broiled fish on tortilla with slaw, add cheese, Sricha, squeeze of citrus and eat the hell out of it.  Chipoltle Ranch dressing is also a good addition.

Easy and all my kids liked it.
Link Posted: 7/5/2014 5:11:40 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I baked Tilapia (I know, I know) in the oven with a little olive oil and S&P.  

Slaw:
Thinly sliced a head of cabbage
1/2 cup Red wine vinegar and 1/4 cup White wine Vinegar (all I had or I would have used a little more White)
2 TBS Sugar
Couple dashes Celery salt
Fresh ground S&P to taste
Juice from 1/2 lemon (or lime)
Whisk to combine. Pour over cabbage.  Let soak 20 min and toss, then again prior to serving.

Put baked/broiled fish on tortilla with slaw, add cheese, Sricha, squeeze of citrus and eat the hell out of it.  Chipoltle Ranch dressing is also a good addition.

Easy and all my kids liked it.
View Quote

This is pretty exact to my slaw recipe for fish tacos. The only thing I do different is I add 2 tablespoons of the adobada sauce out of a can of chipotle chiles, and 1/2 cup of mayo.

Link Posted: 7/5/2014 6:49:09 PM EDT
[#18]
One option for really quick fish tacos is using the lime-tortilla tilapia from Costco.  I normally do not like tilapia, but it's pretty good if you only have a half hour to make dinner.  Just bake at 450 while you get everything else ready.
Link Posted: 7/5/2014 7:16:55 PM EDT
[#19]
Grill fish, fry corn tortilla, smear tort with wasabi, add hosin sauce a bit of chinese coleslaw a piece of ginger and your GTG. Sounds wierd but called fushion cuisine.
Link Posted: 7/11/2014 9:36:14 PM EDT
[#20]

you can get a copy rubios baja tacos online by doing a search

on rubios tacos or rubios white sauce.

on a smaller note i would add a small amount of cumin and cayenne to white sauce.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top