Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/15/2016 10:18:06 AM EDT
Again........Thank you Sir for the images of the lecture charts and prints. We finally finished making the frames, and got them hung just in time for our annual Blue Lodge inspection last night (in MM) It really put the finishing touch on our renovations of the lodge for it's 100th anniversary

They were a big hit. 3 district deputies in attendance, want me to drop-box them the files. My only warning for them is to go no bigger than 4' wide........the backers at 4'8" were a paing to piece together.  

That's our WM in the pic to give it some scale

Link Posted: 3/15/2016 11:51:02 AM EDT
[#1]
I'm very glad you could use them.  They look great!

You have a beautiful Lodge Room!  You should be very proud of it.  I find it interesting that your windows are in the North.  

I love that you used The Iron Worker and King Solomon.  If you look closely, there's a ton of Masonic symbolism in it, particularly if you're in York Rite.  I'm up to 18 things I've found so far.  What's really interesting is that it was done by a non-Mason.

Link Posted: 3/15/2016 4:26:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/17/2016 7:15:05 AM EDT
[#3]
Sure can, give me a day or two & I will PM you a link. They are on my Lodge computer & need to get it to a wifi connection for uploading
Link Posted: 3/17/2016 7:27:57 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Sure can, give me a day or two & I will PM you a link. They are on my Lodge computer & need to get it to a wifi connection for uploading
View Quote

Would love a link as well. Those look impressive.
Link Posted: 3/17/2016 7:40:37 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

You have a beautiful Lodge Room!  You should be very proud of it.  I find it interesting that your windows are in the North.  

I love that you used The Iron Worker and King Solomon.  If you look closely, there's a ton of Masonic symbolism in it, particularly if you're in York Rite.  I'm up to 18 things I've found so far.  What's really interesting is that it was done by a non-Mason.

View Quote

I can find the working tools, and normal stuff you would see in the temple but not 18 things! But them again I am sure you know the York degrees more in depth than myself.

Would you care to send a PM with more info? I would love to bring this up at our Chapter/Council meeting as an education piece. For anyone interested, here is a link to
a low res (still fairly large but not large scale print quality) image of the scan.

The Iron worker and King Solomon

I really like the story behind the print (written at the bottom)

As to the windows in the north,  Our room is not orietnted properly, only symbolically. The 'east' is actually in the south. It really screws with our JD when doing the EA and FC
openings (his duties)  as he has a really good internal sense of direction & always screws up those parts lol
Link Posted: 3/17/2016 3:34:34 PM EDT
[#6]
I dropped them to medicmandan.  I can drop them for any of you.  If you'll IM me your email I'll send you the link.
Link Posted: 3/17/2016 3:37:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I can find the working tools, and normal stuff you would see in the temple but not 18 things! But them again I am sure you know the York degrees more in depth than myself.

Would you care to send a PM with more info? I would love to bring this up at our Chapter/Council meeting as an education piece. For anyone interested, here is a link to
a low res (still fairly large but not large scale print quality) image of the scan.

As to the windows in the north,  Our room is not orietnted properly, only symbolically. The 'east' is actually in the south. It really screws with our JD when doing the EA and FC
openings (his duties)  as he has a really good internal sense of direction & always screws up those parts lol
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't want to give away the fun.  :)

Since you're a RAM start in the lower left corner.
Link Posted: 3/17/2016 7:35:29 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 3/17/2016 8:28:02 PM EDT
[#9]
Since they're so big we took ours to a blueprint place.  They did them in thick, acid-free stock.  We framed them under UV glass.  It cost a shit ton, but we hope they're used for many years.
Link Posted: 3/17/2016 10:40:34 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Thanks PSI!  Downloaded them last night.

Et2ss, what did you have them printed on and where?  Was looking at Office Max last night and they are $25/each for 36"x24".
View Quote

A local banner place. Had them order in some matte finished vinyl.  They were 4'8" wide X 6' something high. $75 a pop.

A brother and I built the frames from custom fluted oak moldings & built backers from 1/4" ply to glue the prints to & staple into the frames

Link Posted: 3/17/2016 10:51:12 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 3/17/2016 11:00:31 PM EDT
[#12]
Since PSI already got you guys the others, here's a link for The Iron Worker & King Solomon.

This is where I got it from the Library of Congress

Link Posted: 3/18/2016 10:32:10 PM EDT
[#13]
PM sent...

I work as a mechanical designer, I just need to order good paper for this.
Link Posted: 3/20/2016 2:02:35 AM EDT
[#14]
Beautiful!
Link Posted: 3/21/2016 5:42:09 PM EDT
[#15]
That's an awesome lodge room and beautiful prints too.
Top Top