Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/30/2015 4:26:05 PM EDT
Link Posted: 12/30/2015 7:40:23 PM EDT
[#1]
We now use Allstate.  Previously, we had Cincinnati.  DO NOT GET YOUR INSURANCE THROUGH CINCINNATI !!!!

We had a Brother (former) that stole a GREAT deal of money from the Building Board.  Cincinnati refused the claim on our E&O policy.  Their response, in a nutshell was just , 'NO'.  No reason, just 'NO'.  We have a complaint filed with the state Insurance Commissioner's Office.  But the line is long against Cincinnati.  It seems they have a habit of this.  They deny claims knowing that average Joe's don't know how to complain and they (Cincinnati) have deeper pockets and on staff lawyers.

To reiterate, DO NOT GET YOUR INSURANCE THROUGH CINCINNATI !!!!
Link Posted: 12/31/2015 2:26:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Brother PSI,

Email inbound.

Brother Grumpy
Link Posted: 1/1/2016 4:27:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
We now use Allstate.  Previously, we had Cincinnati.  DO NOT GET YOUR INSURANCE THROUGH CINCINNATI !!!!

We had a Brother (former) that stole a GREAT deal of money from the Building Board.  Cincinnati refused the claim on our E&O policy.  Their response, in a nutshell was just , 'NO'.  No reason, just 'NO'.  We have a complaint filed with the state Insurance Commissioner's Office.  But the line is long against Cincinnati.  It seems they have a habit of this.  They deny claims knowing that average Joe's don't know how to complain and they (Cincinnati) have deeper pockets and on staff lawyers.

View Quote

Theft isn't covered by E&O.  I'm  unclear why you have E&O on a Lodge.  

We have Cincnnati.  In fact, 4 local Lodges have them, and they have a specific policy for fraternities.   We pay $1800 for similar  coverage to the OP.   Call you local independent agents and get some quotes.  Call your states insurance commission and ask about complaints.   Then make your choice.
Link Posted: 1/1/2016 7:15:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

We have Cincnnati.  In fact, 4 local Lodges have them, and they have a specific policy for fraternities.   We pay $1800 for similar  coverage to the OP.   Call you local independent agents and get some quotes.  Call your states insurance commission and ask about complaints.   Then make your choice.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Theft is covered under E&O when the thief is one of the O's of the corporation that owns the building.  We have four Lodges, YR, SR, Jobies, DeMolay and a library and museum that are tenants.
Link Posted: 1/1/2016 9:24:40 PM EDT
[#5]
E&O is Errors and Omissions  insurance.
Link Posted: 1/2/2016 12:39:41 AM EDT
[#6]
My apologies, I misspoke, typed, whatever.  What we had was an theft provision rider on our general liability policy.  That's what they refuse to pay.  It was for $20,000 with a $5,000 deductible.  It wouldn't have been even half the loss, but it would have been more than nothing.
Link Posted: 1/2/2016 12:05:52 PM EDT
[#7]
Since my agent is right beside me now, theft covers theft by outside parties on that policy.  And sometimes theft on that rider only covers property.  

Not trying to be a jerk.  Really, I'm not.  I hope the local police handled the situation.
Link Posted: 1/2/2016 1:22:05 PM EDT
[#8]
I'm very glad you're not being a jerk.  I'd hate to see when you are.  Perhaps you and your agent can come and interview the other eight Directors, since you so obviously consider I'm an idiot or liar.

I suspect your agent is a family member, perhaps they sell for Cincinnati.  But the facta are, we were insured against theft by the Director's.  A Director stole a great deal of money.  Cincinnati refused to pay the claim.  The Insurance Commissioner's Office stated our's is one of several complaints.

Before this turns unmasonic, which I believe it's about to:  I'm out.
Top Top