Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/20/2015 2:14:26 PM EDT
Voted last night and I begin my journey next Thursday evening.
My cousin who is JD at lodge, informed me last nite. My Uncle is going to try and attend as well as my Boss from work. Excited?  Nervous? Anxious..haha All of the above, but the fellowship I have experienced already is a testament to what the Craft is all about.
Link Posted: 3/20/2015 2:25:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Congratulations!  What lodge?
Link Posted: 3/20/2015 3:55:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Outstanding!

Enjoy the ride!
Link Posted: 3/20/2015 4:18:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/20/2015 4:19:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Congratulations.
Link Posted: 3/20/2015 5:31:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Congratulations!  I can tell you that for me it is an honor to share fellowship with such a group of good men.
Link Posted: 3/21/2015 6:04:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Congratulations!  What lodge?
View Quote

#633 huffman.
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 8:00:57 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 7:40:08 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 8:10:01 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 1:03:34 AM EDT
[#10]
Wow... I am awestruck. Initiated this evening. Outstanding work by the brethren at my lodge as well as brothers from several other lodges in attendance.
The real work now begins..but *this* night I will remember forever.
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 7:20:23 AM EDT
[#11]
Congratulations Brother!

Enjoy the journey
Link Posted: 4/7/2015 1:05:52 PM EDT
[#12]
SITREP.
Been working diligently on my studies..at least an hour per night.
Got to see an EA degree at a brother lodge as well as receive some great tutelage on my progress so far..which I hope will clear some of the cobwebs I'm having
Just nose to the grindstone, smoothing it out.
Link Posted: 4/7/2015 3:07:48 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 4/7/2015 4:53:05 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

listen to me VERY carefully....

slow down and take your time. Men will rush you to complete the memory work and move. there is an entire world of masonry they miss doing this. Take the work apart line by line, learn what is says and investigate why it is in that order and what it is trying to tell you. We do a VERY big disservice to our brothers by rushing them. It gives lodges filled with men that don;t know who we are or where we come from.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
SITREP.
Got to see an EA degree at a brother lodge as well as receive some great tutelage on my progress so far..which I hope will clear some of the cobwebs I'm having

slow down and take your time. Men will rush you to complete the memory work and move. there is an entire world of masonry they miss doing this. Take the work apart line by line, learn what is says and investigate why it is in that order and what it is trying to tell you. We do a VERY big disservice to our brothers by rushing them. It gives lodges filled with men that don;t know who we are or where we come from.

I cannot echo this enough.  

Our Lodges are full of card carrying Ritualists who have only memorized the words.  They can regurgitate them in a flat monotone on command and instantly correct you when you mess-up.  But they haven't a clue what the words mean.
Link Posted: 4/7/2015 4:56:28 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Our Lodges are full of card carrying Ritualists who have only memorized the words.  They can regurgitate them in a flat monotone on command and instantly correct you when you mess-up.  But they haven't a clue what the words mean.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

SITREP.

I second the motion.

Link Posted: 4/7/2015 9:50:17 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

I second the motion.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

SITREP.

I second the motion.

Yep, we are very quick to manufacturer masons when we should be building them.

Link Posted: 6/18/2015 8:05:50 AM EDT
[#17]
Update: I was raised to the Sublime degree of Master  Mason, Thurs june 11. All my success is to my instructors who I met with for 3 hours a week. Such an amazing night..brothers from across the country came to help out. GM of the state presented me with several pins..including a veteran's service pin..but what an amazing night.

On training right now, so I haven't even had a chance to sit in my lodge as a Master Mason, but am weighing heavily to learning the stewart or chaplains seat at the suggestion of our WM and SD.
Link Posted: 6/18/2015 9:06:35 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 6/18/2015 10:22:06 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 6/19/2015 4:24:44 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
listen to me again... SERIOUSLY!!!!

stay out of the line until you have had a year or 2 to be a mason. you NEED to learn the politics of your lodge and how to be a mason before you take on that role. you will have a much more enjoyable experience.

lodges want to toss every new mason into the line because most people have done it several time and want to get out of it. take the time to learn what being a mason is and means, hint.... you didn;t get much of that in the memory work.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Update: I was raised to the Sublime degree of Master  Mason, Thurs june 11. All my success is to my instructors who I met with for 3 hours a week. Such an amazing night..brothers from across the country came to help out. GM of the state presented me with several pins..including a veteran's service pin..but what an amazing night.

On training right now, so I haven't even had a chance to sit in my lodge as a Master Mason, but am weighing heavily to learning the stewart or chaplains seat at the suggestion of our WM and SD.

listen to me again... SERIOUSLY!!!!

stay out of the line until you have had a year or 2 to be a mason. you NEED to learn the politics of your lodge and how to be a mason before you take on that role. you will have a much more enjoyable experience.

lodges want to toss every new mason into the line because most people have done it several time and want to get out of it. take the time to learn what being a mason is and means, hint.... you didn;t get much of that in the memory work.
This is great advise

Link Posted: 6/19/2015 9:08:08 PM EDT
[#21]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top