Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/9/2014 9:28:31 AM EDT
For all of you that don't think there would ever be a need to carry a firearm to Lodge or any appendant body....think again.

Stole the SGIG's computer, his wife's purse and a bunch of other stuff.

This goes along with another MD Lodge that was robbed during a meeting last year.
Link Posted: 12/9/2014 11:11:08 AM EDT
[#1]
For quite some time now, I've thought that the entry door should be locked once the meeting has started.  Late arrivals can knock or ring a dedicated door bell, and be admitted by the Tiler.

A couple years ago, when Wisconsin passed CCW, the GM declared that with the exception of LEOs, no CC at Lodge meetings.

Link Posted: 12/9/2014 11:24:10 AM EDT
[#2]
Lodges in Central Florida have been trying to get the GM to ban it statewide.  I know up here in the north part of the state we'll carry regardless.  
Link Posted: 12/9/2014 11:34:54 AM EDT
[#3]
Gun-free Victim Zones.

Some people just don't get it.

Criminals just dont read signs.
Link Posted: 12/9/2014 6:02:30 PM EDT
[#4]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

For quite some time now, I've thought that the entry door should be locked once the meeting has started.  Late arrivals can knock or ring a dedicated door bell, and be admitted by the Tiler.

A couple years ago, when Wisconsin passed CCW, the GM declared that with the exception of LEOs, no CC at Lodge meetings.

View Quote
my lodge is locked during meetings and if you are late, you have to ring the bell.

Link Posted: 12/14/2014 10:22:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 12/15/2014 12:17:54 AM EDT
[#6]
http://news.nationalpost.com/2011/03/31/islamist-extremists-view-freemasons-as-the-enemy-report/

This above referenced intel report is partly why I joined the lodge.  Raised in 2012.

Many of the old timers don't realize the dangers lurking, in many of the lodge's neighborhoods.

Pine Lodge 642 is secure.  For now.

Brent
RLTW
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 4:36:29 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
i can say without a doubt that would not go very well here. while the "official" policy is don't ask don't tell, i know VERY few brothers that don't carry in lodge.
View Quote

Our lodge is secure.  It would be a short list of those not carrying on any given night.  The storage place a couple of doors down from us has experienced a few break ins over the years well as the garage on the other side.  Seeing that we are the only occupied building there in the evening we make sure that the building is well lit and doors are locked once supper starts.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top