Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/2/2014 12:39:36 PM EDT
The following is my Christmas Message to all Councils of Royal and Select Masters in Wisconsin.  I also want to share it with my internet Brethren.

My Friends,

Let us remember that this is the season of giving.  So many people, less fortunate than ourselves, are in desperate need of the blessings we can share.

Freemasonry teaches us that we are here to aid and assist our fellow man.  To relieve the distressed is the duty incumbent on all men, but more particularly on Masons.  To feed the hungry, clothe the naked, bind up the wounds of the afflicted; these are our charges.

Our fraternity supports and maintains numerous charities which benefit our Brethren and all mankind.  The Cryptic Masons Medical Research Foundation helps fund research that is making huge strives to curing disease.  CMMRF is an amazing organization which we support every day through our dues and donations.  

This holiday season, I encourage all of you to give locally.  Your loose change dropped into a red kettle, old clothes given to the homeless, a couple of toys taken to a domestic abuse shelter or a few canned goods dropped off at a local food pantry can and will make a world of difference to those in need.  Imagine the impact you could have in people’s lives if your Council were to take up a local charity’s cause.

Please, give as their necessity may require and your ability permits.  It’s what we do.

My Lady Tricia and I wish you all the joy, peace and love this season promises.  May the Lord bless you and keep you; today and always.  

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

With Brotherly Love, Affection and Zeal,

John
Most Illustrious Grand Master
Link Posted: 12/2/2014 4:27:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Psi thank you for reminding me that it is a privilege to be in a position to offer assistance to others.  Sure I drop a bill or two into the kettle almost daily this time of year, but thank you for reminding me to look to see where I could do a little better.

Happy holidays to all.  With just a little effort we can put a little shine on the square and compass through our example.
Link Posted: 12/2/2014 5:43:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for posting this!
Link Posted: 12/4/2015 11:34:58 AM EDT
[#3]
This year's Christmas message to the Craft.

My Friends,

Joy to the world, the Lord has come!

This year, let us all remember those words:

Joy ~ Great pleasure, exhilaration, delight, sheer gladness.
to the World ~ For everyone.
the Lord ~ He that is above all others.
has come ~ Arrived, here, is in our presence.

Christmas is tearing off the paper, opening the box and finding the greatest gift you can ever receive - Jesus Christ.  Christmas is the celebration of Christ’s birth.  Christmas is Jesus’s birthday party.  In all the hubbub man has created this time of year, let us remember that.

As G-d gave all of us his most wonderful possession, let us give to those less fortunate than ourselves.  There are so many that are in desperate need of the blessings we can share.  

I recently discovered a way that we can all give to those in need, not just at Christmas time, but every day of the year.  It’s a program called Amazon Smile.  Many of us make purchases through Amazon.com. With Amazon Smile you can designate a charity of your choice and they will receive one half of one percent of every purchase you make.  0.5% doesn’t sound like much, but last year Amazon had $89,000,000,000 in sales.  One half of one percent of $89,000,000,000 is $445,000,000, and that’s life changing giving.  Among the nearly one million eligible charitable organizations in the program are many worthy Masonic charities.

Freemasonry is the greatest philanthropic organization in the history of the world. As Freemasons we give more to aid and assist others than any other group.  So this year let us celebrate G-d’s gift to us all by giving to those in need.  Please, give as their necessity may require and your ability permits.  It’s what we do.

My Lady Tricia and I wish you all the joy, peace and love this season promises.  May the Lord bless you and keep you; today and always.  

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

With Brotherly Love, Affection and Zeal,

John
Most Illustrious Grand Master
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top