Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 8/25/2014 3:08:35 AM EDT
Ok here goes.  I have this old friend who was once my BFF until he tried to get with my at the time fiancee..   During that time he had seen a married woman who was a friends wife.  Btw I didn't know until after the man and wife broke up.   So they were together for years and years.  Here's the kicker though.  He's a mason and has been for quite some time.   Now I've always wanted to be a mason but I don't see how people like him can remain in a lodge.      Fast forward to the present:  I was at a party and he was there with a lady and this other man is sitting down telling me about a guy that is having sex with his wife while he is away welding.  The man actually admitted to having sex with the wife and said something of the affect of what's it to ya?  Now the guy is getting a divorce ect.   So come to find out by placing the man and woman and then my "friend" together and my friends story that he was the guy that started this cheating.

So apparently this guy is going around looking for married women to cheat with.   He's a home wrecker as this last lady has kids and he's already told me he's unsure if he's going to stay with her.   How do masons deal with people like this?  Could the husband contact a lodge and have something done? This is so disgusting!
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 10:00:44 AM EDT
[#1]
In my District they have a couple with criminal records, it is not like in my Father's day
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 10:50:04 AM EDT
[#2]

I'm having trouble following. Do you think you could edit with fictional names for the men involved, "guy" and "the man" are confusing.
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 12:12:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Unmasonic Conduct is still frowned upon here.
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 1:06:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Here as well.
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 1:08:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Their lodge their rules. I would put up with it but then I have never been invited to join.
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 1:11:27 PM EDT
[#6]
Around here it is a different world. My grandfather was made in Scotland, as were many of my family. All the way to the beginning of it. I have been screwed over by more masons, than non masons.
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 1:34:44 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Around here it is a different world. My grandfather was made in Scotland, as were many of my family. All the way to the beginning of it. I have been screwed over by more masons, than non masons.
View Quote

Happily, that hasn't been my experience with either my father's Lodge Brothers, or mine.  All with whom I've dealt I have been honorable and trustworthy men who meet, act and part as Masons should.
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 2:01:25 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Their lodge their rules. I would put up with it but then I have never been invited to join.
View Quote

If you're waiting to be asked you'll never be a member.

The man comes to Freemasonry.  Freemasonry doesn't go to the man.
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 2:11:30 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I envy you, the stories I have would disgust any real mason
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 2:45:44 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

View Quote
As was said already, we don't invite anyone.  You have to come ask us.

Link Posted: 8/25/2014 3:38:04 PM EDT
[#11]
2B1ASK1

Link Posted: 8/26/2014 2:10:55 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 1:46:49 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Here as well.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Here as well.

Unfortunately I have to preside over a Masonic trial this Saturday.  2nd time in my Masonic career, we do take our oaths seriously here.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 7:40:51 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Unfortunately I have to preside over a Masonic trial this Saturday.  2nd time in my Masonic career, we do take our oaths seriously here.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Here as well.

It happens about once every 10 years here,  however we are diligent to guard the West gate in the first place.  Every so often you have to caution the inexperienced against a breach of fidelity. Generally speaking we don't have these types of issues, nor would I allow myself to be present in Lodge with those types of men.

Link Posted: 8/26/2014 8:12:30 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 12:10:24 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 11:26:30 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
That doesn't fly in my lodge either.

I have had some Brothers ask if they can talk to me about something and keep it secret. The first time I regretted sayin I would talk with him and keep his secret. He was thinking about cheating on his very wonderful & beautiful wife with an office intern girl. I convinced him not to, but that would have been hard to keep a secret if a Brother MM asked me to keep his adultery secret. So now I preface things when asked to keep a secret.

I ask them if it is about adultery, or murder, or a felonious act...  If so, I ask them not to put that secret on me.
View Quote

treason ('tri?z?n)
n
1.  (Government, Politics & Diplomacy) violation or betrayal of the allegiance that a person owes his sovereign or his country, esp by attempting to overthrow the government; high treason

2. any treachery or betrayal

[C13: from Old French traïson, from Latin traditio a handing over; see tradition, traditor]

By the definition above, is one bound by obligation to keep that secret?
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 8:12:17 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 11:39:14 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

and these at you election......
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have had some Brothers ask if they can talk to me about something and keep it secret. The first time I regretted sayin I would talk with him and keep his secret. He was thinking about cheating on his very wonderful & beautiful wife with an office intern girl. I convinced him not to, but that would have been hard to keep a secret if a Brother MM asked me to keep his adultery secret. So now I preface things when asked to keep a secret.

I ask them if it is about adultery, or murder, or a felonious act...  If so, I ask them not to put that secret on me.

treason ('tri?z?n)
n
1.  (Government, Politics & Diplomacy) violation or betrayal of the allegiance that a person owes his sovereign or his country, esp by attempting to overthrow the government; high treason

[C13: from Old French traïson, from Latin traditio a handing over; see tradition, traditor]

The OP would not be bound by any obligations as he is not a MM.
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 12:27:30 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 12:32:42 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

treason ('tri?z?n)
n

Im sorry TBS, I dont understand your reply. Once again for the slow guy?
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 3:54:45 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 4:31:47 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 9/24/2014 10:33:01 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

if your a mason that should be pretty obvious.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

treason ('tri?z?n)
n

Im sorry TBS, I dont understand your reply. Once again for the slow guy?

if your a mason that should be pretty obvious.

Then the answer to my question is as I thought.  
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 8:02:23 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 8:06:02 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 8:35:27 AM EDT
[#27]
I am  a Mason,as my father was and his father before him, Lodge has no meaning when the men there are in name only. I will still keep true to my oaths.
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 8:48:24 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 8:51:45 AM EDT
[#29]
I still have communication with many Brothers, a few have asked if I could have the charter revoked for alodge or two....
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 12:52:06 PM EDT
[#30]
First and foremost it is an act of Un Masonic conduct and they should be reported to the Grand Lodge of the State they are a member of. They will most likely be indefinitely expelled. Those kind of people are what give the Masonic Lodge a bad name.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 1:00:43 PM EDT
[#31]
That is an Un Masonic offense and it should be reported the the Grand Lodge of the state he is a member.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 1:34:24 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 9:23:54 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

i can share in that misery as well.

that said it took me literally leaving the lodge for the last year to realise the men that caused my grief were masons in name only. many were men that likely would noever had been admitted if the investigation commitee had done it job instead of just using the "good ole boy" policy. We have a LOT of masons to day that are allowed in without proper vetting just get numbers and dues. these men don't learn or live by what is taught to them. JMHO they may have been through the degrees, but they are not Masons.

i spent a long time figuring out my issues were with men, not masonry.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

i can share in that misery as well.

that said it took me literally leaving the lodge for the last year to realise the men that caused my grief were masons in name only. many were men that likely would noever had been admitted if the investigation commitee had done it job instead of just using the "good ole boy" policy. We have a LOT of masons to day that are allowed in without proper vetting just get numbers and dues. these men don't learn or live by what is taught to them. JMHO they may have been through the degrees, but they are not Masons.

i spent a long time figuring out my issues were with men, not masonry.

Amen Brother
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 7:54:08 PM EDT
[#34]
We recently turned down a petitioners application. The investigating committee learned that the petitioner had repeatedly tried to make time with a brothers wife.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 8:12:51 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 8:53:39 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

down here that likely might have got him an invite out behind the lodge
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
We recently turned down a petitioners application. The investigating committee learned that the petitioner had repeatedly tried to make time with a brothers wife.

down here that likely might have got him an invite out behind the lodge

We had to tread lightly with it. We rent our lodge room from the VFW. The petitioners mother is the President of the Women's Auxiliary of the VFW.
Link Posted: 10/26/2014 9:40:37 AM EDT
[#37]
I'm an Alabama Mason.  Your friend's conduct would have him in a Masonic Court for conduct unbecoming.  That bother needs to leave the order or get right, plain and simple.
Link Posted: 12/15/2014 11:49:04 AM EDT
[#38]
One of the 2 Masons I know is my uncle.  He routinely cheats on his wife and doesn't try hard to hide it.  In fact, every weekend he's with his mistress instead.  I feel bad for my aunt but it's her own fault to keep putting up with it.  He's the squirmiest guy I know and he's also the "proudest" Mason I've ever seen.  Doesn't go anywhere without his Mason belt buckle and usually has the logo plastered anywhere he can.  He likes to flaunt it.

Can't say I'd ever want to be a Mason because of him.  If there was a way to report it, I'd do it.  But for all I know, his Mason brothers already know and don't care.  I mean he really doesn't try very hard to hide it at all.

Link Posted: 12/27/2014 7:36:45 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
while it shows a character flaw and is unmasonic conduct, unless it is with a family member or brothers family member it's technically not a violation of the obligation.

it would be a cause of concern and well worthy of some whispering of good council. We strive to improve ourselves, some have issue it takes a lifetime to resolve.

one man does not make a lodge nor does one mans conduct represent the fraternity.
View Quote

Was going to say this. Since we are in the same state, you did it for me.

Other states might be different and forbid it regardless.
Link Posted: 12/27/2014 7:57:26 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 12/27/2014 10:11:31 PM EDT
[#41]
^^^ Well stated. ^^^
Link Posted: 12/28/2014 12:03:29 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 12/30/2014 12:42:48 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
sadly i know many men that join and never take the time to learn what the organization is about or where we come from. they stay oin the blue lodge and get virtually zero masonic education. there is a lifetime of study for a man willing to look for it.
View Quote

Amen
Finally join Royal Arch and now wish I had done it as soon as I was raised...I seem to get more out of RA than Scottish Rite.
Link Posted: 12/30/2014 12:56:44 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Amen
Finally join Royal Arch and now wish I had done it as soon as I was raised...I seem to get more out of RA than Scottish Rite.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
sadly i know many men that join and never take the time to learn what the organization is about or where we come from. they stay oin the blue lodge and get virtually zero masonic education. there is a lifetime of study for a man willing to look for it.

Amen

My grandfather was a Royal Arch, that was the way they did it in Scotland
Link Posted: 12/30/2014 1:06:32 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 12/30/2014 1:09:08 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 10:06:33 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
while it shows a character flaw and is unmasonic conduct, unless it is with a family member or brothers family member it's technically not a violation of the obligation.

it would be a cause of concern and well worthy of some whispering of good council. We strive to improve ourselves, some have issue it takes a lifetime to resolve.

one man does not make a lodge nor does one mans conduct represent the fraternity.
View Quote

Well said brother.

The obligation only points to family of other Mason's as a violation.

That being said, a Mason should In My Humble Opinion, be a cut above others when it comes to such things.

Of course, that is just my opinion I could be wrong
Link Posted: 3/17/2015 11:01:48 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
sadly i know many men that join and never take the time to learn what the organization is about or where we come from. they stay on the blue lodge and get virtually zero masonic education. there is a lifetime of study for a man willing to look for it.
View Quote

So very true.  When I petitioned I wanted to learn everything I could and join every body associated with the craft.  That desire only got stronger when I was raised and joined SR.  Things in life changed and made it hard to go to lodge, participate, and spend time with my Brothers.  I still read, study, and stay in touch, but I feel like it's just not the same as being there.  I love my Brothers, and will never forget my mentor or journey.  It is such a wonderful part of my life.  I look forward to getting back.
Link Posted: 3/18/2015 7:30:03 AM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 3/24/2015 6:26:47 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
I have been screwed over by more masons, than non masons.
View Quote

There was a recently delete thread about becoming a mason and I posted about my 1st had experiences of several masons elected to union positions being self serving and  screwing over non-masons.
There were a few replies going back and forth and the gist of it was my experience with several masons is as you stated above.

For an organization I once was interested in joining it was an instant turn off.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top