Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/9/2014 9:54:19 PM EDT
For the last 20 years or so my wife and I have been working with the International Order of the Rainbow Girls and I am currently the chairman of the advisory board for one assembly and on the AB of another where my wife is Mother Advisor.  The number of girls that know me and come running to give me a hug when we meet is too high to count, each and every one is as a daughter to me.  With that being said, one girl had a request of me at our last meeting that I had to sit back and think about before giving her an answer.  

The young lady is turning 18 next month and has put her partition in for the Eastern Star and asked me, no pleaded with me to be initiated with her so she would not be out there by herself.  Now I have nothing against OES but have not joined as I have limited time and do not get to Lodge as often as I would like, have not been to a SR since I joined that.  My wife has understood this or at least not brought the subject up, too often.  

But how on earth does one say no to an 18 young lady with those big puppy dog eyes and a “please, please, please”.

I guess I join
Link Posted: 2/10/2014 12:44:24 PM EDT
[#1]
I feel for you brother.  

I still have a bit of time before I join OES.  When I joined the lodge I made it clear I would not pursue any appended bodies until after I sat in the East.  Well the chair line jumped a few times so it will be time sooner than I thought.  At least at that time I can also join the SR which I have a great interest in.
Link Posted: 2/11/2014 10:35:22 AM EDT
[#2]
I'm gojng in to ES this coming Tuesday.

Wife wanted me to be with her
Link Posted: 3/12/2014 8:43:36 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/12/2014 2:11:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/12/2014 11:34:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Near me there are almost no OES remaining. the one in our lodge folded from a lack of members
Link Posted: 4/3/2014 6:23:34 PM EDT
[#6]
It's too bad about the lack of OES chapters.  I know that in this area of Va they have been declining as well but a few are begining to make a come back.  The chapter at the local Lodge here folded 10 yrs back but the one in the next town over is very active and serves diner at a number of masonic functions and is very supportive of the youth groups as well.  
It's nice to have all of the orders working together.
Link Posted: 4/3/2014 8:07:18 PM EDT
[#7]
We had a woman recently express interest in OES he father and grandfather were both WM at the lodge I am member of .  I don't think it is enough
Link Posted: 4/4/2014 7:33:05 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 4/4/2014 12:10:02 PM EDT
[#9]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top