BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 4
Link Posted: 5/2/2014 7:50:46 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/7/2014 6:20:41 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm looking into Freemasonry but the lodges nearest me hold meetings on Monday evenings. I travel for work through the week and only spend weekends at home and am unable to attend.
Link Posted: 5/8/2014 7:49:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Can anyone explain to me why a belief in a "supreme being" is required? I'm genuinely curious. Is it one of those "you can't be a truly moral person without" or something else?
Link Posted: 5/8/2014 9:25:04 PM EDT
[#4]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Can anyone explain to me why a belief in a "supreme being" is required? I'm genuinely curious. Is it one of those "you can't be a truly moral person without" or something else?
View Quote

It is only through God that a man be made a Mason. A vital component of Masonry is reverence to God.

For me it is God, for others its a Supreme Being, either is acceptable.

I personally believe a person can be moral and good natured and be an atheist, but I didn't make up the rules for joining and one of the oaths that I took is to protect the craft from atheists. I make damn sure anyone I talk to about it knows that they must believe.

Link Posted: 5/8/2014 9:36:16 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

I'm looking into Freemasonry but the lodges nearest me hold meetings on Monday evenings. I travel for work through the week and only spend weekends at home and am unable to attend.
View Quote

I would contact the local lodge and explain your situation.  You might at this time be unable to join, but you might want to participate in other lodge events that might be going on.  Some lodges are very active outside of the "lodge", some not so much.

You may find that your travels take you to other towns and you may want to attend those lodges, but you have to be a Mason to get in.

Perhaps it is something you really want to do and you can spare 3 nights over the course of  3 months or longer, depending on jurisdiction, up to 12 months, for the degrees in your home town.

Link Posted: 5/8/2014 10:06:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
It is only through God that a man be made a Mason. A vital component of Masonry is reverence to God.

I personally believe a person can be moral and good natured and be an atheist, but I didn't make up the rules for joining and one of the oaths that I took is to protect the craft from atheists. I make damn sure anyone I talk to about it knows that they must believe.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks for the explanation.
Link Posted: 5/14/2014 3:04:53 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote
The masonic answer would be, (I'm paraphrasing)

No Athiest can be a mason because no oath would be considered binding amongst masons.

Athiests are moral people. Their word is their reputation as a man. However, a Freemason must believe in a supreme being because not only is his mortal worth on the line, so is his eternal worth.
Link Posted: 5/14/2014 7:25:29 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 5/16/2014 6:59:04 PM EDT
[#9]
Started bed rest and running out of things to read on arfcom

So here I am
Link Posted: 5/16/2014 7:12:49 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

View Quote

So here I am

I think you are the first woman to have ever posted in here.

Your due date is right around the corner, correct?

We all hope the best for you and your baby and pray your delivery goes off without a hitch.

Link Posted: 5/16/2014 7:50:58 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

So here I am
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

So here I am

We all hope the best for you and your baby and pray your delivery goes off without a hitch.

Thanks ! Yep. Due date is June 17th. Baby is fine. I've just had a rough couple of days.

Sorry if I'm not suppose to be in here. No tv or Internet at the house. It's either Facebook or arf on my phone. For some one who is use to working 8-5, I gotta read something besides gd
Link Posted: 5/16/2014 8:18:46 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

So here I am

Thanks ! Yep. Due date is June 17th. Baby is fine. I've just had a rough couple of days.    

Sorry if I'm not suppose to be in here. No tv or Internet at the house. It's either Facebook or arf on my phone. For some one who is use to working 8-5, I gotta read something besides gd
You can come in, look around and post all you want. Just because you cant join the Masons, doesn't mean we don't appreciate your input. We have groups for our wives, daughters and sons to join and all are part of Masonry in their own way. In fact in my jurisdiction, if a married man wants to join us, his wife must give her consent. We never want to get in between a man and his family, his job or his God.

Link Posted: 5/16/2014 9:46:48 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

So here I am
View Quote

You are most welcome here.

None of us can do what we do for the fraternity without the strength and support of our Ladies.

I wish you and your baby all the best.
Link Posted: 5/17/2014 10:39:10 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 5/17/2014 10:54:38 AM EDT
[#15]
my first attempt to contact masonic lodge here (AZ) through a friend failed....I was pushed towards an elks membership instead....I haven't sought out another path since I'm busier nowadays with 7 year old.
Link Posted: 5/17/2014 3:36:42 PM EDT
[#16]
Thanks y'all.
Link Posted: 5/17/2014 8:07:53 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

my first attempt to contact masonic lodge here (AZ) through a friend failed....I was pushed towards an elks membership instead....I haven't sought out another path since I'm busier nowadays with 7 year old.
View Quote

that's a lodge directory. pick out a lodge, go to their website and contact them via email or phone number. you want the secretary of the lodge. Let him know you want to join. You don't have to know anyone. You just need to seek membership.

If that fails or if you feel uncomfortable about it, I will get you on the right path.

Link Posted: 6/3/2014 2:23:46 PM EDT
[#18]
fundraisers must have prior approval.... tbs
Link Posted: 6/4/2014 5:06:08 PM EDT
[#19]
Hello all,

Does anyone have any info pertaining to any of the Denver lodges? I sent an email already and was curious how long I should wait before sending a followup or making a phone call.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 6/4/2014 5:21:36 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Hello all,

Does anyone have any info pertaining to any of the Denver lodges? I sent an email already and was curious how long I should wait before sending a followup or making a phone call.

Thanks.
View Quote

http://www.coloradofreemasons.org/membership/emailPost.php  Did you send an email to the Grand Lodge of Colorado website?  This link is the one you should use.

Or Do you have a specific lodge you want to join?  

How long have you waited?

Link Posted: 6/4/2014 5:35:30 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
http://www.coloradofreemasons.org/membership/emailPost.php  Did you send an email to the Grand Lodge of Colorado website?  This link is the one you should use.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Hello all,

Thanks.

Thank you for the reply. I did not previously but I just filled out a request with the supplied link.
Lodge 5 looked good as it is close.
I only sent the email this morning but was only curious as to how long it took for someone to get back with me. I have come to the conclusion that good things take time.
Link Posted: 6/4/2014 8:02:54 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Thank you for the reply. I did not previously but I just filled out a request with the supplied link.

I only sent the email this morning but was only curious as to how long it took for someone to get back with me. I have come to the conclusion that good things take time.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Hello all,

Thanks.

</td]1614>

</td]denver,>

[td style="color: rgb(255, 0, 0);">Lon: -104.994

[td]http://coloradofreemasons.org/subDomains/denver5/

[td]

Denver# 5
1614 Welton Street,
Denver, Colorado.
80202Map to Lodge
Lat: 39.7494
Meets on the 1st and 3rd Thursday's at 1800 hours.
Recess: June, July and August
</td]<a></td]80202<>

See that part about recess?  You should be contacted and perhaps someone will meet with you, but Lodge business wont happen till September. That means, you have 3 months before they will take action on your petition.  Most lodges don't meet in the summer.  It gives us the officers a rest and some lodges don't have A/C.

Link Posted: 6/5/2014 10:01:03 AM EDT
[#23]
Thx again sir.
Link Posted: 6/5/2014 8:46:46 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Thx again sir.
View Quote

You are quite welcome.

Lodge 5 is a beautiful lodge.

On the lodge website I noticed a few events going on over the summer. If you are contacted by the lodge don't forget to ask if you can attend any of those.  

Link Posted: 9/29/2014 12:37:34 AM EDT
[#25]
I read, but don't think I've ever posted.  I'm interested in Masonry but have far too much on my plate right now to dedicate the time it seems is necessary
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 4:44:00 PM EDT
[#26]
I've been reading and thinking about it for a while, never knew the sub-forum existed.
Called local lodge today, see what they have to say and how it fits.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 6:24:39 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

I read, but don't think I've ever posted.  I'm interested in Masonry but have far too much on my plate right now to dedicate the time it seems is necessary
View Quote

The longer you wait, the more you will miss, and you will kick yourself for not joining sooner.

PM me if you need a helping hand. I will personally see you through the process, or contact the appropriate persons on your behalf.

Link Posted: 9/29/2014 6:56:59 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I read some of the threads in this forum out of curiosity, but I haven't posted here before out of respect.
View Quote

This
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 11:25:04 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I read some of the threads in this forum out of curiosity, but I haven't posted here before out of respect.
View Quote

Same here, there is a local lodge that I have been curious about but have never asked
Link Posted: 11/12/2014 8:59:06 PM EDT
[#30]
Non mason here.  Both my grandfathers were masons, my father is a current mason as well.  I have been interested in the order my whole life, i just never felt stable enough to commit.  Now that have grown up and have my own child and family, I see that the fellowship that my ancestors gained from the order was valuble to them.  I am looking forward to visiting and learning more about my local orders.
Link Posted: 1/4/2015 12:38:27 AM EDT
[#31]
non Mason. Uncle and Cousin are.. as is my Boss.
Freemasonry has always fascinated me. I am looking forward to possibly attending a meeting to learn more.
Link Posted: 1/4/2015 9:35:29 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Freemasonry has always fascinated me. I am looking forward to possibly attending a meeting to learn more.
View Quote

If you want to learn more, ask your Uncle, cousin, or boss.  Either of them will get you on your way.   You probably will be invited to a dinner, but Lodge meetings are Brothers only.

What state are you a resident?

Link Posted: 1/4/2015 10:05:38 AM EDT
[#33]
My great grandfather and my grandfather were Masons, after I retire out of the CG im going to try my hand and join.  When my grandfather passed I inherited his sword with the family name inscribed on it.
Link Posted: 1/4/2015 10:25:43 AM EDT
[#34]
Your topics occasionally pop up in the new threads or active topics search.  Both my grandfathers were Masons, and my cousin is one.

It's always a bit amusing when someone in a secret society is promoted and the topic shows up in the Active Topics search.
Link Posted: 1/4/2015 10:41:34 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Your topics occasionally pop up in the new threads or active topics search.  Both my grandfathers were Masons, and my cousin is one.

It's always a bit amusing when someone in a secret society is promoted and the topic shows up in the Active Topics search.
View Quote

Masonry isn't a secret society. We are not hiding, our buildings are clearly marked. We have websites and facebooks with our members pictures. Officers names are listed  in many of our websites. We participate in town parades.

We give scholarships, support First Responders, sponsor little leagues, have blood drives, donate to volunteer FD's, library's, Senior Centers, Have a program that gives Baby showers for PA active duty .mil and provides everything for the childs 1st year of life, etc.

Do you know that Masons as a whole in the USA donate over 1 Million dollars to charity per DAY.  

Link Posted: 1/5/2015 12:24:47 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
If you want to learn more, ask your Uncle, cousin, or boss.  Either of them will get you on your way.   You probably will be invited to a dinner, but Lodge meetings are Brothers only.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

see, I'm already learning.
ALABAMA.
Link Posted: 1/5/2015 5:57:14 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

ALABAMA.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

ALABAMA.

BTW, they probably wont ask you to join, they might hint, but its your duty to ask them to join.  So if you want to be a Mason, you have to seek it. Once you do, we will open our doors to you.

Link Posted: 1/14/2015 1:39:16 PM EDT
[#38]
For those who seek-

You must ask one, to be one...

Don't wait for us to ask you..

Just say'n  
a PM..
Link Posted: 1/14/2015 1:50:40 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 2:58:34 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

yep alabama masons WILL NOT ask a man to join. in fact we really can't. a man must join of his own free will without influence.

but if you happen to ask about it... most won;t stop talking until your ears are bleeding
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

ALABAMA.
BTW, they probably wont ask you to join, they might hint, but its your duty to ask them to join.  So if you want to be a Mason, you have to seek it. Once you do, we will open our doors to you.

yep alabama masons WILL NOT ask a man to join. in fact we really can't. a man must join of his own free will without influence.

but if you happen to ask about it... most won;t stop talking until your ears are bleeding

Boy is this the truth. I've been speaking with my cousin more and more about petitioning for E.A. but due to my jacked up work schedual I can never make it to a dinner so he picked me up a petition, signed it and basicly took me under his wing saying he would help me on this journey.
Dropped by work last night and spoke with my boss... and he invited me to dinner at his lodge. So I am honored.

Link Posted: 1/29/2015 9:16:32 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
The longer you wait, the more you will miss, and you will kick yourself for not joining sooner.

PM me if you need a helping hand. I will personally see you through the process, or contact the appropriate persons on your behalf.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Tried to pm you, but your box is full.

Hey brother,  a while back in the thread about non-Masons in the Mason  forum you offered to lend a hand in getting started, are you still able to do so?

Regards,
Drew.
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 9:25:22 AM EDT
[#42]
I lurk. I thought there would be more about the goats, though.
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 11:22:46 AM EDT
[#43]
just looking and being curious. not sure this would be something i can add to my plate
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 11:44:52 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Hey brother,  a while back in the thread about non-Masons in the Mason  forum you offered to lend a hand in getting started, are you still able to do so?

Regards,

Drew.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Regards,

Drew.
Absolutely. When I get to my home PC, I will contact you.

Link Posted: 1/29/2015 4:52:02 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Regards,
Drew.

Awesome, thanks
Link Posted: 2/11/2015 4:40:31 AM EDT
[#46]
I just found this sub-forum now.

I have been interested in joining, but then found a political split in the masonic lodges of the south & local lodges, and have held off ever since.
Link Posted: 2/11/2015 8:40:06 AM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 2/11/2015 9:56:39 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

What do you mean?
We are an apolitical fraternity.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I just found this sub-forum now.

I have been interested in joining, but then found a political split in the masonic lodges of the south & local lodges, and have held off ever since.

What do you mean?
We are an apolitical fraternity.

There are no political affiliations.
Link Posted: 2/11/2015 10:12:46 PM EDT
[#49]
I hit active topics and saw this thread. My grandpa and great uncle were both 33rd degree Masons.
Link Posted: 2/13/2015 3:06:41 AM EDT
[#50]
I dropped in my petition for consideration tonight at a dinner. Reacquainted with a few folks I've known most of my life, but ner knew they were practicers of the Craft.. met some great new people as well.
Page / 4
Top Top